AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-06-26, 14:01   Link #221
Ichy
It`s a miracle!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
Age: 33
Thanks a lot
__________________
Ichy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-26, 14:33   Link #222
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
well.... cm:inches is 2.54:1 but your 3-size numbers seem a bit high as does your height for her. I haven't been able to find official measurements for any of the girls but Suzumiya comes just below Kyon's shoulder. If Kyon is typical height for japanese teen male, he's probably 5'8" if he's lucky (172cm). I' guess 5'-5'2" (about 157cm) for Suzumiya since she tops out at his shoulder.
3-size measurements are correspondingly smaller. Given what we've seen of her she seems fit but not overboard in size. Using my wife as a reference (she's japanese and 4'11") I'm going to guess 32-20-33 in (81-50-83 cm). Weight-wise I'm estimating 105lbs (47kg) mostly because of her muscle tone otherwise I'd knock off a couple of kilos.

Mikuru *looks* to be about 3cm shorter but an extra couple of centimeters in the hips and about 5-8cm extra in the boobage making her probably 152cm and 86-52-83. She'll have to watch herself when she gets older (though it looks like she's doing a fair job of doing that ).

Obviously these are guesses but based off of typical heights for japanese teens and using my real world examples as reference (wife, my son's teacher, my instructor, wife's relatives, friends).

They're all small and cute, aieee...
lol @ the last sentence

Hmmm your estimated height and weight for Haruhi seems quite accurate, but I think the weight is a little too much. When I was 16 I had atheletics club girls in my class, even those with 160+ height weigh lesser than 45kg lol. If Haruhi is between 157 - 160cm tall, she would be around 43kg. I'm using estimation from chinese girls here though.

EDIT: about Mikuru,

Kyon said in the novel that adult Mikuru has a figure thats super model class and her boobs have grown 1/3 larger compared to young Mikuru lol
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-26, 14:43   Link #223
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
Hah... interesting jumble of description from Kyon (most "supermodels" look anorexic with inflata-boobs ... cept maybe Ms. Banks) yeah... my weight guess was a bit high mostly because I was assuming more muscle on Haruhi since she's so athletic. Chinese girls *tend* to run thinner .... my wife of japanese extraction weighs about 95lbs (including hair) or 43kg, 4'11" (149cm) ... I'll avoid explicit 3-size but she's got good proportions .... has a touch more waist and a bit less hip than the so-called standard proportions.
Her cousin is about an inch higher but has more hip.

.... oh its such a good thing I'm marginally anonymous here
__________________
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-26, 15:08   Link #224
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.
lol @ the last sentence

Hmmm your estimated height and weight for Haruhi seems quite accurate, but I think the weight is a little too much. When I was 16 I had atheletics club girls in my class, even those with 160+ height weigh lesser than 45kg lol. If Haruhi is between 157 - 160cm tall, she would be around 43kg. I'm using estimation from chinese girls here though.

EDIT: about Mikuru,

Kyon said in the novel that adult Mikuru has a figure thats super model class and her boobs have grown 1/3 larger compared to young Mikuru lol
Pretty much all female anime characters are drawn to look perfect in almost every way, I mean really.

And to Ichy and everyone else for hopefully the last time Haruhi is NOT FREAKING GOD, hasn't been proven yet simple as that. She doesn't control everyones fate and she isn't an object of worship to anybody within the show. She just has special powers that give her control over the fabric of time (kind of) like a built in Lambda Driver. All the things she's done up until now have been cheap parlour tricks [spoilers] Even Volume 1 Chapter 7 was nothing special as nobody including herself, Itsuki, Yuki or Kyon knew what was happening for sure.[/spoilers] Wait for proof of what she is what I'm saying before jumping to conclusions. As interesting a talking point as it may be to some to say "Lol Haruhi is Teh God" It just has not been proven yet, based on what we know, why not start with the simplest explanation of Special Powers and than build on that as the evidence in the novels mounts. Has nobody here heard of Occam's Razor.

If you want to see real God-Mod screw Haruhi and go watch Ideon, the thing just bloody does what it wants half the time when the Ide Gauge tops out and unlike in Suzimya Haruhi No Yuutsu there's nobody there to pick up the pieces (and let me tell you there's usually nothing left to pick up unlike with Haruhi's little parlour tricks)

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2006-06-26 at 15:29.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-26, 15:54   Link #225
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
She's not worshipped by anyone in the series (except maybe Itsuki's faction) though not all gods are worshipped (some are just feared).
She *may* control everyone's fate if she produces a data explosion large enough to remake the universe (which is what some of Itsuki's faction appear to believe - that the current form of the universe they see was created 3 years ago and there's no way to tell what was before). Mikuru's people explain their "time wall" as a massive time fracture... but effectively thats the same as an "old universe" "new universe" boundary line. Words in a sentence to describe a phenomenom none of them fully understand yet.

You're right to warn people that jumping to conclusions is erroneous but.... I think many of the posters here are still not on the same page as per what is being meant by "God" or "a god". I'm not sure i understand *your* definition of "God" as it pertains to this discussion. The label itself doesn't have a standard definition.

Occam's Razor is a useful tool... but it doesn't always lead to the right answer, just the simplest answer based on available evidence and therefore subject to revision.
__________________
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-26, 15:57   Link #226
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 34
Quote:
If you want to see real God-Mod screw Haruhi and go watch Ideon, the thing just bloody does what it wants half the time when the Ide Gauge tops out and unlike in Suzimya Haruhi No Yuutsu there's nobody there to pick up the pieces (and let me tell you there's usually nothing left to pick up unlike with Haruhi's little parlour tricks)
Any odd creature can destroy things. You don't need to be a deity to do that.

I find your outburst most worrying... Is there something troubling you? The whole "Haruhi isn't a god! She can't kill people as quickly as Ideon!!!" doesn't sound like a strong argument.

Have you seen Rahxephon? The main mecha in that universe can certainly kill a lot of people... But it could also rebuild what it destroys. Power is a lot more than turning things into destructive energy; it's also about turning energy into constructive things.

How about "Somedays Dreamers"? The magic in that world is well established. Mages can easily summon fireballs, levitate dozens of cars off the road at once with their mind, and twist buildings into pretel shapes. But they could not heal the sick or help the injured anymore than pain relief. It was easier to destroy than to create.

Haruhi can create. That's why Yuki's people, even though godlike as they already are, cares about her. Haruhi can create what has never existed, or even could not have existed.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-26, 16:10   Link #227
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
Any odd creature can destroy things. You don't need to be a deity to do that.

I find your outburst most worrying... Is there something troubling you? The whole "Haruhi isn't a god! She can't kill people as quickly as Ideon!!!" doesn't sound like a strong argument.

Have you seen Rahxephon? The main mecha in that universe can certainly kill a lot of people... But it could also rebuild what it destroys. Power is a lot more than turning things into destructive energy; it's also about turning energy into constructive things.

How about "Somedays Dreamers"? The magic in that world is well established. Mages can easily summon fireballs, levitate dozens of cars off the road at once with their mind, and twist buildings into pretel shapes. But they could not heal the sick or help the injured anymore than pain relief. It was easier to destroy than to create.

Haruhi can create. That's why Yuki's people, even though godlike as they already are, cares about her. Haruhi can create what has never existed, or even could not have existed.

No that last part was to put things in perspective a bit and had absolutely no bearing on the rest of the argument that and I just happened to be watching Ideon at the time and was like "Yeah man that thing is awesome, Totally ." and as a temporary lapse of judgement added that to the paragraph for some reason. What I'm saying is the universe probably existed before Haruhi came into it at least according to Yuki and she hasn't always been there as an important force according to Yuki as well, so I mean her powers are god-like kind of even though she really doesn't do much with them since they are subconcious random and near useless. However, that doesn't make her without a doubt the God or Creator of this universe for sure. I'm waiting for more questions to be answered before I start saying she's God, the Devil, or anything else extreme. Does that make more sense.

Also I've been wanting to watch the rest of Rahxephon for a long time and think you bring up a good comparison there between Rahxephon's abilities and Haruhi. Also my definition of God is pretty much that whole "I Am The Alpha And The Omega The Beginning And The End" Line from the bible or basically the creator of the universe and the one who controls the destiny and the fate of the people. I'm pretty sure Haruhi had to have gotten her power from somewhere, but where and why, that is the question I so want answered. Was it granted to her as part of an experiment, was she lucky, mutant birth defect?
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-26, 16:43   Link #228
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 34
Quote:
I'm pretty sure Haruhi had to have gotten her power from somewhere, but where and why, that is the question I so want answered. Was it granted to her as part of an experiment, was she lucky, mutant birth defect?
Ah, but the assumption that her powers must have came from somewhere is a logical statement based on common observations. That doesn't mean the statement is true.

Why must her powers be gotten from somewhere? You can't use logic on something that you can't define. You don't know what her powers are, so you can't assume there was an origin at all, or that there was even a need for one.

And why does the creator, the Alpha and Omega, need to be born before the beginning of time? If a deity is beyond time and space, does it really matter "when" she/he was born? Does the concept even make any sense?

Space and time is under Haruhi's control; this means she isn't restricted by time. Thus, it's achievable for her to be "born" at any point in the time-line while still being the creator of everything before or after her re-birth as a deity. Nutty, huh?
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-26, 17:00   Link #229
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama
Pretty much all female anime characters are drawn to look perfect in almost every way, I mean really.
lol I'm the last person you should tell that to, because I fully understand that and I make sure every single girl I sketch has perfect figures. I 'specialise' in drawing girls lol, I rarely draw guys, Kyon and Itsuki are the 1st guys I've drawn in years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama
And to Ichy and everyone else for hopefully the last time Haruhi is NOT FREAKING GOD, hasn't been proven yet simple as that. She doesn't control everyones fate and she isn't an object of worship to anybody within the show. She just has special powers that give her control over the fabric of time (kind of) like a built in Lambda Driver. All the things she's done up until now have been cheap parlour tricks [spoilers] Even Volume 1 Chapter 7 was nothing special as nobody including herself, Itsuki, Yuki or Kyon knew what was happening for sure.[/spoilers] Wait for proof of what she is what I'm saying before jumping to conclusions. As interesting a talking point as it may be to some to say "Lol Haruhi is Teh God" It just has not been proven yet, based on what we know, why not start with the simplest explanation of Special Powers and than build on that as the evidence in the novels mounts. Has nobody here heard of Occam's Razor.

If you want to see real God-Mod screw Haruhi and go watch Ideon, the thing just bloody does what it wants half the time when the Ide Gauge tops out and unlike in Suzimya Haruhi No Yuutsu there's nobody there to pick up the pieces (and let me tell you there's usually nothing left to pick up unlike with Haruhi's little parlour tricks)
There are many definitions of God, even in the mecha universe.

e.g. of a mecha god and goddess:

God of Destruction: Genesic Gaogaigar
Goddess of the Solar System: Buster Machine no.7

Their power doesn't even come close to Ideon but they're still gods.
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-26, 22:15   Link #230
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
Ah, but the assumption that her powers must have came from somewhere is a logical statement based on common observations. That doesn't mean the statement is true.

Why must her powers be gotten from somewhere? You can't use logic on something that you can't define. You don't know what her powers are, so you can't assume there was an origin at all, or that there was even a need for one.

And why does the creator, the Alpha and Omega, need to be born before the beginning of time? If a deity is beyond time and space, does it really matter "when" she/he was born? Does the concept even make any sense?

Space and time is under Haruhi's control; this means she isn't restricted by time. Thus, it's achievable for her to be "born" at any point in the time-line while still being the creator of everything before or after her re-birth as a deity. Nutty, huh?

I guess its possible, doesn't mean its for certain though.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-26, 22:20   Link #231
arias
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Actually, female anime characters would HARDLY look perfect in real life. They look gorgeous in 2D art, but I can't imagine how any female with eyes that occupy 1/3 of the face to look remotely attractive. I mean, large eyes are attractive in females, but those eyes are NOWHERE near the size of a typical anime character.

They are abstractions that don't quite translate well into our reality.
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-26, 22:51   Link #232
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Leeds, UK
Age: 31
Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO Send a message via Skype™ to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by arias
They are abstractions that don't quite translate well into our reality.

....and thank god for that! Otherwise all loli loving fans here would have to be hunted down and locked up.
__________________
Onizuka-GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-26, 23:26   Link #233
arias
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
....and thank god for that! Otherwise all loli loving fans here would have to be hunted down and locked up.
Oh, I certainly wouldn't want anything to happen to you.


arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-27, 05:42   Link #234
Noppapana
> Haruhiist <
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Holland
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to Noppapana
well i got a question
are the members of SOS-dan (well except for Mikuru) teenagers of the age 16 ?
according to a scan of Newtype USA , they are
http://img136.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ansthem6xa.jpg

but i refuse to believe that they are all 16 ... soo are they ?
__________________

Credits to Pellissier for the sig
Noppapana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-27, 05:47   Link #235
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 27
Yes they are all 16, they are high school freshmen.
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-27, 06:55   Link #236
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.
Yes they are all 16, they are high school freshmen.
Well, technically Yuki is three years old. But yeah.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-27, 07:24   Link #237
Skane
Anime Snark
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 32
Smile

Mikuru may be about one year older than Kyon and Haruhi. It was stated in both the novel and the anime that she is a second-year student, and is thus Kyon's 'senpai'. However... since she is a time-traveller, this screws up everything. How old is she, really?

Yuki is three years old... and she has assimilated herself into Kyon's age group( first years).

Itsuki is... eh... a first year too, but I doubt it is his ACTUAL age, since he is working undercover for his agency. I suspect he is actually older.
Skane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-27, 09:32   Link #238
Lost
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
How old is she, really?
As far as Kyon and Haruhi are concerned; yesh, she is their senior; or upperclassman I think Kyon or someone said. Time travel should not actually change your actual age - I think its like stepping out of one world into another; you retain everything about you. So you can say that 17(?) is her actual age. But if we are talking about her age as relative to a non-time traveller e.g. Kyon; it would be = 17 years - (amount of years she travelled back) (or plus if she's travelling forward) Is that correct?

About the age of the older, "mole-on-chest" Mikuru; my estimate would be 25 +/- years old. That would also be her actual age.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-27, 11:25   Link #239
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Or she could be a vat grown pod person (common in the future) that got out of the uterine replicator a mere few days before being sent to the past, thus making her about three years old. (And adding a disgusting twist to the lust surrounding her.)

Or maybe, thanks to future age retarding treatments, she's actually in her thirties or something. Who knows?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-27, 12:44   Link #240
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
If you want to really measure their age, then strictly speaking,

Spoiler for minor spoiler:


Stay tuned for Volume 5 - Endless Eight if you want to find out what I mean.
__________________
哀莫大於心死。
我對這裡的管理員的霸道與毫無準則的執法行為感到徹底失望﹗

It was fun while it lasted.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.