AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Who wins?
Yzak 58 56.31%
Shinn 32 31.07%
$hitty 3rd option because I hate both these guys... 13 12.62%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-06-26, 11:39   Link #241
Silent Soldier
Z.A.F.T Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon Sniper
Now I think I resent Fukuda even more. First Athrun, Cagalli...now YZAK?!

Anyway, I still don't think of Dully as a bad guy, whatever illogical interviews state otherwise. As far as Yzak turning traitor is concerned, Dully's usage of the Pink Princess image after her "treason" to the people of the PLANTs leaves much to think about his character. Sure, he needed Lacus' influence, but he seemed to be the type of guy who could do it on his own, and didn't need any pop star idol to do it.

But of course, Morosawa's the script writer...
I completely agree it made me mad that that happened to Yzak as well as he was one of my favorite characters. Yzak in the first seed wasnt here to make friends or get all sentimental here was here to fight a war to try and kick some a** and take names. Now that is a nice change from the regular "I don't want to fight" characters in seed and I respected that.

I also don't think dully was such a bad guy in his mind he was trying to help the world. Sure he was a little psychotic and his methods were brutal but after all the ridiculosness of destiny weren't you rooting for dully's plan to succeed even just a little. But alas when facing off against Goddess Lacus, Kira (I'm able to destroy entire armies in two minutes) Yamato and Athrun(Dont have a snappy name for him since he was the most normal one and my favorite of them), he didnt stand a chance.
Old 2006-06-26, 11:43   Link #242
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

It wasn't really instant. Yzak'd been shown to have doubts about Dullindal's decisions for a while. Probably a feeling of déja-vu. He probably spent GSD's last dozen eps wondering "am I following a genocidal chairman... again?".

When he saw people he knew, and believed in, actively oppose Dully (not just say "Dullindal is wrong", or "Vote Canaver for Chairman", but actually take up arms), his choice in who to believe in was, if not natural, at least semi-believable.

Rey, now, that was an instant traitor. The most "logical" explanation I have is that Kira is a Newtype and rewrote Rey's mind by accident.

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2006-06-26 at 13:09.
Old 2006-06-26, 11:55   Link #243
Silent Soldier
Z.A.F.T Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh

Rey, now, that was an instant traitor. The most "logical" explanation I have is that Kira is a Newtype and rewrote Rey's mind by accident.
I like that explanation all kira had to do was say a few words about rey's life being his own and dun dun dun Rey decides to forget everything he has ever believed in and shoot dullindal.
Old 2006-06-26, 20:01   Link #244
cloudedge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh
It wasn't really instant. Yzak'd been shown to have doubts about Dullindal's decisions for a while. Probably a feeling of déja-vu. He probably spent GSD's last dozen eps wondering "am I following a genocidal chairman... again?".
Actually, I think there was a scene where Yzak was obviously frustrated at Destiny plan when it was announced... wasn't that where the "Is your head a decoration on your neck." famous line came from?

Also the fact that two Lacus showed up, and the fact that he knew Lacus has ties with Orb, probably make him believe that Meer is a fake and doubt Gil even more.

Lastly, I'm not sure if he defected before or after the first shot was fired, but by then, Gil is obviously a genocidal.... even when it wasn't Orb he was blasting... he was still killing many civilians...
Old 2006-06-27, 10:05   Link #245
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
The fact that Yzak already KNEW there was a real Lacus still would make his respect or whatever for Dully in the first eps quite...odd. Or has Fukuda magically made him forget that he fought for the Three Ship Alliance when Patrick Zala wanted all human life extinguished on the planet earth? He may not be as close to Lacus as with Athrun and Kira (*ahem*) but he still knew that Lacus was alive and well and decided not to take up politics for a vacation to a nondescript island...or maybe, he knew that Lacus decided to lay low for a while after all the things that have happened.

Yzak wasn't all for the Destiny Plan; it should make sense as he was part of the last war when something similar happened; similar in the sense that Patrick Zala wanted innocent people dead. But as for the Lacus argument I pointed out earlier (with Meer and all)... it doesn't make any sense that he was still loyal to Dully at this point, and was disillusioned by what he saw, that was why he reacted that way.

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Old 2006-06-27, 10:21   Link #246
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

I think we've wondered far enough off topic for now. >.>
Closed Thread