AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-06-27, 18:50   Link #21
Toxic
Champion of Obscurity

Send a message via MSN to Toxic
Hm, doesn't sound like my kind of show cause I kind of like the things that you consider "wrong".
Even though I watched and enjoyed "His and Hers" and enjoyed it, and it sounds like Narue no Sekai is pretty much like it, I don't think I'd like this. Thanks for the advice anyway. I might check it out if I run out of animes to watch
Old 2006-06-27, 19:31   Link #22
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

I don't consider them wrong, I'm just fed up with the usual crap that harem shows throw at me. But since you don't seem to have watched that much anime you're probably not bored of it yet. I'm on nearly 250 complete series, and after a while the harem formula really gets tiring. Narue no Sekai is a really nice change from that.

Don't get me wrong though, it stands on it's own merits completely as well. But if you want a nice romance anime (which you said you do) then you should check it out. Incidentally, Narue herself is an alien, so there are quite a lot of sci-fi influences too.

Well whatever, I loved it to bits and frankly it's your loss if you don't bother watching it.
Old 2006-06-27, 20:17   Link #23
rooboy
Umeboshi!

I might try that one (never heard of it before). I'm not necessarily impressed with something just because it's different. OTOH, after a while it gets difficult to discover series that I've never heard of, so that's impressive on it's own.
Old 2006-06-27, 20:22   Link #24
Toxic
Champion of Obscurity

250 series?! Wow, that's alot. I've watched quite alot of animes, but not nearly as much as you. I guess it's the age difference

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I won't be bored with the "harem style" for quite a while. I probably will sometime, though. (On my grave I will! Hahahh.. ha... hah.... Eh? What are you looking at?)
Old 2006-06-27, 21:12   Link #25
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

rooboy - yeah I hadn't heard of it either. Can't actually remember exactly how I found it now, but it was something completely random, I know that (might have been a random picture I found online I think).

Toxic - yeah I've seen a fair amount That's over the last few years, but mostly in the last year and a half or so.
Old 2006-06-27, 21:18   Link #26
rooboy
Umeboshi!

I'm not sure if it's as many as you think it is .... I own well over 125 anime dvds (not series on dvd, but dvds), and that's a small fraction of the anime I've seen, either rented, on TV, or fansubbed.

Though I've never really gotten tired of harem cliches either, but on the other hand, when I don't want to watch harem series, I just watch something else entirely. I've always tried to watch things in moderation.
Old 2006-06-27, 21:47   Link #27
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Well I still watch harem shows and find enjoyment in them of course, but Narue was just a real gem for me, I enjoyed it immensely simply because it didn't do some of the incredibly annoying things that harem shows often do. I won't go into detail as it's better to watch it

One thing though, you'll probably understand why I like Kazu-chan (main male lead) so much when you see the last episode (and the rest of course, but the last episode really is what sealed it for me).

Meh, I'm going to stop rambling now. Suffice to say I loved the show
Old 2006-06-28, 00:28   Link #28
shadowlord_756

I think someone mentioned Fate/Stay Night, I supposed since you watched shakugan no shana you would like it too but it's a bit more drama and action focused.

For good storylines, Air or any other key work would be pretty good they're half drama/half romance bit more of the drama side. Also try KGNE if you like that genre

Da capo and it second season if you just want something light hearted to watch (its a harem anime).

and if you watch fate/stay night and like it you might also consider tsukihime, less comedy and kinda darker mood compared to f/sn though.
Old 2006-06-28, 01:02   Link #29
andromeda0201

Here are my suggestions apart from those already mentioned
Ah My Goddess
Full Metal Panic (especially Fumoffu, but you have to watch the first season to know the characters)
Gakuen Alice
Ginban Kaleidoscope
Kage Kara Mamoru
Onegai Teacher
Onegai Twins
I My Me Strawberry Eggs
Old 2006-06-28, 06:00   Link #30
Akeval

Send a message via AIM to Akeval
My question is...is there anything like chobits other than DearS? i just finished getting that, and at the same time just completed chobits i must say i give it a 10/10 plenty of comedy with a serious and great ending im just so sad that animes like that are so short...hence me finishing it in a day. Well id love some suggestions

Oh and also where is there a chobits thread? i havent seen one and it makes me somewhat sad
Old 2006-06-28, 07:17   Link #31
Toxic
Champion of Obscurity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inujun
Here are my suggestions apart from those already mentioned
Ah My Goddess
Full Metal Panic (especially Fumoffu, but you have to watch the first season to know the characters)
Gakuen Alice
Ginban Kaleidoscope
Kage Kara Mamoru
Onegai Teacher
Onegai Twins
I My Me Strawberry Eggs
Ah! My Goddess is already in my list.
I'll add FMP, Onegai Teacher and Onegai Twins. Seems like I missed quite alot
I'll probably check out the others, but with all the suggestions I've been getting, my computer is getting full.
Old 2006-06-28, 10:49   Link #32
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic
my computer is getting full.
Hey, at least you're not going to be short a thing or two to watch for a while
Old 2006-06-28, 11:20   Link #33
Toxic
Champion of Obscurity

I wasn't complaining
Old 2006-06-29, 01:06   Link #34
Akeval

heh, so i just finished DearS i liked it alot, pretty cool seemed just like chobits with an altered storyline. i wonder what on that list is also like that...hmm...
Old 2006-06-29, 08:16   Link #35
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akeval
i wonder what on that list is also like that...hmm...
None of them, with the possible exception of Mahoromatic, since Mahoro is a combat cyborg and therefore basically fits the non-human female lead, but she doesn't require teaching like Chii and Ren. None of the others are even remotely similar really.
Old 2006-06-29, 11:42   Link #36
Akeval

thats a shame i seem to have a thing for stuff like that, i think its more of how the male protagonists actually turn out to be decent non perverted types. i like seeing stuff like that. Although it doesnt have to be exactly like that, i just started Girls Bravo, and i love it
Old 2006-06-29, 12:17   Link #37
Toxic
Champion of Obscurity

Girls Bravo is a good serie. I loved the banana part
Old 2006-06-29, 12:31   Link #38
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

I'm actually watching that now as well. Not bad generally, though the violence is a bit OTT. And there seems to be something about the name Miharu and bananas; Miharu in Da Capo has a banana fetish as well.
Old 2006-06-29, 12:44   Link #39
Blizzer
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic
As I said, I've already watched Midori no Hibi. I kinda forgot to list it.
Fate/Stay Night seems like just a tad bit too much action. Prove me wrong.

[Edit]
Changed the list a bit. Scroll up.
Fate/Stay Night definitely has a lot of action
but around halfway through the fights get shortened and it becomes totally about character development and ,Saber and Shirou's relationship.
it definitely won't dissapoint

Fate Stay Night has hardly any comedy though
the only (small amount of) comedy is from
Taiga, Ilya and Saber
Old 2006-06-29, 21:03   Link #40
Akeval

yeah the bananas were kinda odd... personally i liked that part >_> lalalalala....

oh and also blizzer i think ill be checking that anime out, comedy isnt always needed, but when a story fails to keep me going comedy can keep ya happy