AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2006-06-27, 21:31   Link #1
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Spiderman 3 Trailer!!

Use your spidey-sense and click on this...

Thank you Lord this trailer was awesome...Been waiting so looong for them to do my favorite Spiderman arc which is the alien black suit arc...Yeah the black suit isn't completely faithful (the spider on his chest should be all white and there should be no stripes), but I'll take it because it's truley a challenging psycological period in Peter's life...Topher Grace as Eddie Brock?? Well I do like Topher Grace as an actor but he's gonna be the legendary Venom?? I'll have to get used to that...I imagined a much buffer dude to play the part as Eddie Brock has never been 100 pounds soaking wet like Topher...I guess they want to use that dry-comedy of his to bring some levity to the character...Sandman and what appears to be the Hob-Goblin will also be in this movie...Man if this movie can balance all those characters and still have the great writing and story of the last 2 Spiderman movies, "Spiderman" may go down as bar-none the best comic-book movie franchise ever (In terms of overall quality)...I was never a big Tobey Mcguire fan as Spidey and I hope to god they give him some cooler dialouge while in the Spidey suit, but this trailer has got me really hype in terms of story...

The movie opens in theatres about 300 days from now ...

Anyways, what a treat seeing this today...So go ahead and watch the trailer then tell me what you think...

Here's the orginal symbiote black suit for those too young to remember:

Last edited by wingdarkness; 2006-06-27 at 21:59. Reason: syntax...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-27, 22:07   Link #2
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Oh yes....finally an actual trailer.....It looks good so far but the Symbotie just doesn't look right. But that can be overlooked very easily, besides he's not gonna have that costume thoughout the entire movie riiight?

Oh and did I just see Gwen Stacey in there? Does this mean that the rumor that Mary Jane will die in this sequel could be true?
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-27, 22:19   Link #3
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Well this movie seems to be taken straight from the 90's cartoon, so if that's the case he'll be wearing the black costume for most of the movie, but probably not all (and I have no probs with that)...I wish they would have made the suit exactly the same, but hollywood never gives a damn about the die-hards...I have a feeling they are setting Venom up for the next movie while this one will perhaps be Spidey vs. Hob-goblin with Sandman as the number 2 villain...Topher Grace seems like he would make a better Carnage than Venom though...Anyways, the trailer just looks dope cause it has alot of scenes from the 90's cartoon and comics that I really love (The classic scene where Spidey has a conversation with himself in the black suit is the last scene)...I wonder how they will give him the black suit, will he have to save J. Jonah Jameson's son in the space-ship (like in the cartoon) or will it be something else??
Old 2006-06-28, 05:10   Link #4
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
I wonder how they will give him the black suit, will he have to save J. Jonah Jameson's son in the space-ship (like in the cartoon) or will it be something else??
Most likely or maybe an invention by oscorp,
however i doubt that they will introduce the secret wars into the movie
I wonder if you'll see black cat anytime soon ^^
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-28, 15:34   Link #5
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides
Most likely or maybe an invention by oscorp,
however i doubt that they will introduce the secret wars into the movie
I wonder if you'll see black cat anytime soon ^^
They could just take a page out of the cartoon and make it land on earth from an asteroid. At any rate, this looks absolutely sick, there probably won't be a Venom in this movie, but black suit Spider-Man is a beast. No one can beat him in that form! Of course, what I really want is Venom, one of my favorite Marvel villains, but oh well. Sandman and Hobgoblin are both kinda lame IMO.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-28, 18:50   Link #6
Legend Ver 2
The Omnipotent One

From the spoilers I read online from what they say as reliable sources...
Spoiler:

BTW, anyone think Gwen looks like Elisha Cuthbert in the trailer? They really sexified up Bryce Dallas howard for this role man. Looking forward to seeing alot more Gwen!
Legend Ver 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-28, 19:19   Link #7
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

So far i'm loving it ^_^ I can't wait to see the movie...just one thing that i'm not too thrilled about...if that blonde, green eyed guy that says "Parker" is Eddie Brock...then i fear that i won't like how Venom will look when he appears. Unless he somehow gets a hell of a lot bigger.

Oh, and btw...i don't think that it's Hobgoblin that you see Harry Osbourne takes his father's place as the Green Goblin. At least in the comic books. Unless Harry doesn't turn into Green Goblin yet...

--Edit--

Is it just me...or has anyone else noticed how it spoils the way that Peter removes the symbiote?

SENIOR MEMBER 2 OF
"The so exclusive club, you cannot join, umm err, club!"

-established Oct 26, 2003-

Hate goes out to any imitations, relation, or blatant wanna-be of stated club
- The ONE and ORIGINAL -

Last edited by Superchop; 2006-06-28 at 19:31.
Superchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-28, 20:56   Link #8
xat
*Fansubber

Well they weren't trying to hide it.
xat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-28, 23:45   Link #9
hooliganj
Team Player

The Ultimate Venom story had the symbiote born as an accidental result from anti-cancer research conducted by Peter's father, and continued by Eddie Brock, now a slacker genius chemist. A skinnier Brock might indicate that they're going with this version.
Old 2006-06-29, 00:03   Link #10
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

I think a better plotline would be to simply have J. Jonah Jameson's son bring a new space-rock to earth or something and then have that rock (with the symbiote inside) brought to New York on exhibit and go from there...maybe have Sandman trying to steal it or something for money (From the trailer it seems Peter has no clue he discovers it as it attacks him while he's sleeping)...Obviously make it better than how I just described it XD... Anyways I hope they keep Eddie Brock as a loser who wants to be a reporter and not some freelance scientist (I mean how can you be a slacker genious chemist? ^^)...Another thing I don't think they will ever do but i would like to see would be Madam Web...

The orginal symbiote story (from the comics) IIRC is from when Peter participated in a battle-royale in another galaxy (with like alot of other marvel characters)...His suit got destroyed and he had to use the symbiote suit but had no clue it was a symbiote until he returned to earth...They obviously won't use this version because it's not very contemporary...
Old 2006-06-29, 02:52   Link #11
hooliganj
Team Player

Quote:
The orginal symbiote story (from the comics) IIRC is from when Peter participated in a battle-royale in another galaxy (with like alot of other marvel characters)...His suit got destroyed and he had to use the symbiote suit but had no clue it was a symbiote until he returned to earth...They obviously won't use this version because it's not very contemporary...
Yeah - the Infinity War. They also probably won't do it because it stands tall and proud as one of the lamest meta-arcs in the history of comics.
Old 2006-06-29, 07:22   Link #12
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
neat preview, but I doubt I would still watch it during its showing at the theatre.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-29, 08:52   Link #13
Evan
天使我爱你

What can I say? It rocks!~~
Old 2006-06-29, 12:27   Link #14
JubeiYamazaki

Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
Looks pretty good, some scenes jumped right out at me, because they had it just like the books had it when I was younger reading them. Awsome stuff.
JubeiYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-29, 14:32   Link #15
Illuyankas
I need another drink.

Sadly, it looks like it'll have exactly what I disliked about the second film - Spiderman messing up his relationship with Mary Jane, CONTINUALLY FOR THE MAJORITY OF THE FILM, with ten minutes of action sequences that rock. I could kill the writers, you know.
Old 2006-06-30, 01:22   Link #16
MarcusG
Remember Law of Ueki

This would of been better if they just added the Venom arc instead imo.
MarcusG is offline   Reply With Quote