AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-07-04, 16:48   Link #801
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
I have nothing to say about the two late Italian goals. Germany did their best, so they're blameless. Klinnsmann already achieved the baseline target of reaching the semis via beating Argentina. Now to pick the boys up and try and get third spot.

Congratulations to Italy. Now to see tomorrow if Zidane can have a glorious retirement against Italy in the final. Or if Scolari would make it two World Cup finals in a row for different teams.
__________________
哀莫大於心死。
我對這裡的管理員的霸道與毫無準則的執法行為感到徹底失望﹗

It was fun while it lasted.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-04, 16:50   Link #802
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: NYC
Poor Germany! T_T

Italy has now eliminated four, count 'em, FOUR of my favorite teams.
Fighter Volk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-04, 16:50   Link #803
Kiva128
Kairin-chan's #1 Fan
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Canada
Congrats to Italy and their fans for a well earned victory against Germany. I have to say though that that was a rather boring match to watch. 118 mins of nothing then 2 goals in the last 2-3 mins. The way Germany was playing, they didn't really deserve to win. Only 2 shots on goal compared with 10 from Italy. And props to Italy not trying anything underhanded like diving this match.

I don't really care who wins the cup anymore. All the teams I wanted to win are long gone (Japan/Korea/Ghana).
__________________
Kiva128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-04, 16:52   Link #804
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiva128
Congrats to Italy and their fans for a well earned victory against Germany. I have to say though that that was a rather boring match to watch. 118 mins of nothing then 2 goals in the last 2-3 mins. The way Germany was playing, they didn't really deserve to win. Only 2 shots on goal compared with 10 from Italy. And props to Italy not trying anything underhanded like diving this match.

I don't really care who wins the cup anymore. All the teams I wanted to win are long gone (Japan/Korea/Ghana).
Boring? The attacks were going back and forth like tennis, I think it was the first time a 0-0 matchup for 118 minutes didn't put me to sleep.

Anyway, was it me or did I hear them playing "You'll Never Walk Alone" in the stadium after the match?
__________________
哀莫大於心死。
我對這裡的管理員的霸道與毫無準則的執法行為感到徹底失望﹗

It was fun while it lasted.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-04, 16:53   Link #805
Renji
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Soul society..
Gotta feel for germany, best game of the world cup in my view, end to end stuff, germany had there chances in the game but they just didnt take them, that chance podolski had where he put the header wide, that should of been it..

The 2 goals italy got at the end though were pure class..
Renji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-04, 17:27   Link #806
Kiva128
Kairin-chan's #1 Fan
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle
Boring? The attacks were going back and forth like tennis, I think it was the first time a 0-0 matchup for 118 minutes didn't put me to sleep.

Anyway, was it me or did I hear them playing "You'll Never Walk Alone" in the stadium after the match?
Well I don't know about you, but I watch a game to see goals, not people jog around back and forth for 2 hours. Not saying a game is always as good by how many goals they scored but come on, the game was so slow until the last few mins of extra time. I like seeing people sprinting full speed then making a shot on goal, then maybe the other team does that, and scores etc.

In comparison I thought the Germany vs Argentina game was much better.
__________________
Kiva128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-04, 18:40   Link #807
Oberon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiva128
Well I don't know about you, but I watch a game to see goals, not people jog around back and forth for 2 hours.
There's plenty of other stuff to enjoy for me. See how well certain players I have an eye on play, or how well is the overall ability of the team. Did the coach do a good job with his tactics? Are there good goal chances? Any nice tricks some more proficient player is showing off? Is it maybe a hard battle with lots of drama? Do I wittness a new star in the making or some overblown wannabe legend crumble under the pressure? What is at stakes? Maybe a hard defended draw will throw another contender out of the race (e.g. qualifying matches)? Of course, goals are the icing of the cake and one of the great payoffs when you're rooting for someone or see an exceptional goal, but I can honestly say that among the most enjoyable games I've seen, there are also ones that ended 0:0.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-04, 21:37   Link #808
Kiva128
Kairin-chan's #1 Fan
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon
There's plenty of other stuff to enjoy for me. See how well certain players I have an eye on play, or how well is the overall ability of the team. Did the coach do a good job with his tactics? Are there good goal chances? Any nice tricks some more proficient player is showing off? Is it maybe a hard battle with lots of drama? Do I wittness a new star in the making or some overblown wannabe legend crumble under the pressure? What is at stakes? Maybe a hard defended draw will throw another contender out of the race (e.g. qualifying matches)? Of course, goals are the icing of the cake and one of the great payoffs when you're rooting for someone or see an exceptional goal, but I can honestly say that among the most enjoyable games I've seen, there are also ones that ended 0:0.
I guess we're different in that sense.
I was never a big sports fan and I only watch the world cup every 4 years so I suppose my enjoyment of the game is a more...simplified one. I can see you're more into it more than I am so that's why I like goals or something like a nice pass/fancy footwork.
__________________
Kiva128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-04, 21:50   Link #809
arias
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiva128
I guess we're different in that sense.

I was never a big sports fan and I only watch the world cup every 4 years so I suppose my enjoyment of the game is a more...simplified one. I can see you're more into it more than I am so that's why I like goals or something like a nice pass/fancy footwork.
Ya, you're right on this count.

The Italy-Germany game was extremely fascinating with its tactical choices and the watertight italian defence... I'm sure you didn't find any outstanding players for the match, but Italy's central defender Cannavaro was incredible. Their midfielder Pirlo was, too.. but his sort of play (deep-seated playmaker) takes quite a seasoned football fan to understand and appreciate.

For fanciness, watch tomorrow's watch.. Portugal and France both have rather fancy players; Portugal has Cristiano Ronaldo, Figo, Deco and Maniche, while France has Zidane, Ribery and Henry. Should be a great match-up.


Here's to France!
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-05, 14:53   Link #810
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
1-0 so far. But I hope we score a real goal before it's over.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-05, 14:55   Link #811
Sun_Tze
I pity the foo!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Near Lisbon ,Portugal
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to Sun_Tze Send a message via Yahoo to Sun_Tze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh
1-0 so far. But I hope we score a real goal before it's over.
Or the opposite happens...

Well, at least we are used to that over here in Portugal. We are the World champions of suffering
Sun_Tze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-05, 15:00   Link #812
raphaŽl
trainee archangel
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: actually quite close to Jim Morrison
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to raphaŽl Send a message via Skype™ to raphaŽl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Tze
Or the opposite happens...

Well, at least we are used to that over here in Portugal. We are the World champions of suffering
And the World Champions of faking.
__________________
YOU USED TO BE ALRIGHT, WHAT HAPPENED?
and my literary blog, in french :
www.pourlamaingauche.net
raphaŽl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-05, 16:05   Link #813
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
A bit disappointing, as far as victories go. Way better than a loss, though.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-05, 16:14   Link #814
raphaŽl
trainee archangel
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: actually quite close to Jim Morrison
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to raphaŽl Send a message via Skype™ to raphaŽl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh
A bit disappointing, as far as victories go. Way better than a loss, though.
C'mon let's enjoy! YAY!!

That was only a PK, but who cares? We're going to the final. ^^

(Y'a qu'le résultat qui compte... non? )
__________________
YOU USED TO BE ALRIGHT, WHAT HAPPENED?
and my literary blog, in french :
www.pourlamaingauche.net
raphaŽl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-05, 16:23   Link #815
Sun_Tze
I pity the foo!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Near Lisbon ,Portugal
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to Sun_Tze Send a message via Yahoo to Sun_Tze
Quote:
Originally Posted by raphaŽl
And the World Champions of faking.
Nah, that prize is still being disputed by Italy and Portugal
Sun_Tze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-05, 16:39   Link #816
Bracken33
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Nah, that prize is still being disputed by Italy and Portugal
I think Italy played fair against Germany in the semifinal. I did not see all their matches. The referee was fine too.

We were so close *damn it*, lacking concentration in the extra time.
But Italy had got more and better chances. So they were the deserving winners.

It was exciting, I needed some calm down beers afterwards .
Bracken33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-05, 17:05   Link #817
Blablabla
Zetsubo-sensei daaaaaa !!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by raphaŽl

(Y'a qu'le rťsultat qui compte... non? )
On est en finale !! On est... on est... on est en finale !!

Well we saw some offensive flaws in frensh team and against Italian's Catenaco... they have to play much much better if they want to win. I'm a bit sad for Portugal who played the best football so far but that penalty was lethal.... like 6 years ago when France, thanks to an other ZZ's peno won against Figo's team.
Blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-05, 17:40   Link #818
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I don't call five grassdives "the best football so far".
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-05, 19:20   Link #819
Sun_Tze
I pity the foo!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Near Lisbon ,Portugal
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to Sun_Tze Send a message via Yahoo to Sun_Tze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh
I don't call five grassdives "the best football so far".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAoe1MheTU4

So, only the POR team has grassdivers?
Sun_Tze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-05, 19:41   Link #820
raphaŽl
trainee archangel
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: actually quite close to Jim Morrison
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to raphaŽl Send a message via Skype™ to raphaŽl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Tze
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAoe1MheTU4

So, only the POR team has grassdivers?
LMAO, we didn't say that either.
Slow motions really know no mercy, don't they?
__________________
YOU USED TO BE ALRIGHT, WHAT HAPPENED?
and my literary blog, in french :
www.pourlamaingauche.net
raphaŽl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
football, soccer

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:20.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.