AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-07-03, 00:23   Link #1
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

Furuya Toru (Amuro) @ AX

I went to Furuya's focus panel and asked him to say "ike fin funnel" it was awesome to hear that in person after hearing it so many times in SRW games. He also said a lot of other famous lines. The ones with Lalah were awesome, he really put his emotions in to it.

Anyways here are some of the things he said that are worth noting:

-He believes that Amuro isn't dead. He said Tomino isn't sure about it either but he believes that Amuro is still alive.

-Supposely Tomino has wrote a novel about Amuro talking about what happened after Zeta and CCA. He has not read the novel but he said Amuro was probably busy reproducing withe Beltochika

-He did not enjoy watching GS because he thought the characters weren't realistic so he never got into it.

-While recording the original Zeta he did not like Beltochika much. He did not like such a pushy girl in his younger days. However when he was recording for the movies he thought a type of girl like Beltochika is okay and he gave her VA a hug.

-He is drinking buddies with Char's VA

Can't think of anything else he said at this moment, I'll post them when they come back to me LOL
JackRydden224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-03, 03:28   Link #2
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224
-He believes that Amuro isn't dead. He said Tomino isn't sure about it either but he believes that Amuro is still alive.
Maybe we'll see something of Amuro's whereabouts should Sunrise someday make another UC Gundam production?

Quote:
-He did not enjoy watching GS because he thought the characters weren't realistic so he never got into it.
Okay, I have no intention or desire to bring up another CE flame or anything similar or even close. I liked, and still like, GSEED.

That said.....

*doubles over and breaks out on the floor laughing his guts out*

I'm sorry, I just couldn't help it. I don't really know why exactly (or maybe I do), but that just cracked me up.

Quote:
Old 2006-07-03, 05:35   Link #3
Obi-Wan
Mr. Folgers! Wassup, suh?
*Fansubber

It's not really surprising considering Tomino hates CE so much. The staff that worked on First Gundam most definitely have a sentimental attachment to it that the staff of no other Gundam series could have. Considering Fukuda says Seed is a reboot of First Gundam, I'm not surprised Tomino and even Toru don't like it much.

Perhaps Toru meant Destiny with the chracters though. It failed bigtime with unrealistic characters. But Seed had realistic characters. Patrick, Rau, Flay, Natarle, Mu. In some parts even Kira and his friends came off as real. IMO the only blatanly unrealistic character in Seed was Lacus and at some times Murrue as well.

Not really surprising he's friends with Shuichi either considering all the years they spent recording Gundam together.

Sounds like a fun panel to have been at.

Last edited by Obi-Wan; 2006-07-03 at 07:28.
Obi-Wan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-03, 07:31   Link #4
kct
Walk dat crank yo

Send a message via MSN to kct
Quote:
Must be from him that he know what happens in GSD >.> .
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-03, 08:30   Link #5
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

LMAO maybe they drink to forget about GSD^^...

I bet it's funny as hell to get drunk with that guy and while you're sloshed he starts using his Dullindal or Char voice asking you to join ZAFT or Neo-Zeon or something XD...
Old 2006-07-04, 07:46   Link #6
dom33
Pat:TAISAAAAA!

eh the seed characters never appealed to me the only realistic characters where natarle,azrael,patrick,fllay and andy preresurection.

@wd that's probably why.
WhiteWings:To this day I don't know what the insanity behind the decision to release the first GSD ending. My God that was without a doubt the worst ending I had ever seen in my life in a anime series.
Blizzer: He already has special powers called super pheromone powers which makes him irresistable to Sekirei's in heat.
dom33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-04, 10:13   Link #7
Flo
The Necessary Evil

I can see it now...

Shuichi Ikeda(Char's VA): *sulking*
Tōru Furuya (Amuro's VA): Drink up buddy
Shuichi Ikeda: I shouldn't have VA'd for Fukuda's GSD
Tōru Furuya: Hey hey, when shit like this happens we should always think about the good ol'days.
Shuichi Ikeda: You think?
Tōru Furuya: Aw c'mon, for old times sake.
Shuichi Ikeda: Amuro.
Tōru Furuya: Char.
Shuichi Ikeda: Amuro!
Tōru Furuya: Char!
Shuichi Ikeda: Amuro!!
Tōru Furuya: Char!!
Shuichi Ikeda: AMURO!!
Tōru Furuya: CHAR!!
Shuichi Ikeda: AMURO!!
Tōru Furuya: CHAR!!
Shuichi Ikeda: AMURO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tōru Furuya: CHAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Shuichi Ikeda: Bwahahaha, man that's was fun.
Tōru Furuya: Ha ha, nothing beats the good ol'days
Shuichi Ikeda: Cheers ol'buddy.
Tōru Furuya: Cheers.

*Few minutes later*

Shuichi Ikeda: AMUROOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tōru Furuya: CHAAAAAAAAAAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Flo; 2006-07-04 at 10:26.
Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-04, 14:39   Link #8
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

And Flo.......your signature would be the resulting scene after your skit o_O
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-04, 22:30   Link #9
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

That they slash some school girl's throat with a butcher's knife?
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-05, 01:20   Link #10
HEDGESMFG
Fansubber

I was cosplaying as Kai Shiden with the whole 0079 group that day, and also hosted the Gundam fan panel there the next day. AX kicked ass this year...

The best part was when he actually approached our group before his panel just to chat with us and loved the costumes. The man was just great to meet in person, 10 times more fun than I expected him to be. He REALLY doesn't seem like he's 53 either.
HEDGESMFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-05, 03:46   Link #11
JackRydden224

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEDGESMFG
I was cosplaying as Kai Shiden with the whole 0079 group that day, and also hosted the Gundam fan panel there the next day. AX kicked ass this year...

The best part was when he actually approached our group before his panel just to chat with us and loved the costumes. The man was just great to meet in person, 10 times more fun than I expected him to be. He REALLY doesn't seem like he's 53 either.
Haha I remember he said "bye Kai Shiden" to you. That Haman in your group looked amazing (and hawt, got more pictures?) in every single way. I was half expecting Quebeley to pop up any second LOL....

I hope we get a short OVA series to fill in the cap between Zeta and CCA or a Hi-Nu-Gundam-Evolve.

Did you get the impression that Furuya's favorite series was the first gundam? If I remember correctly he made a lot of references to the series or the making of the series.
Old 2006-07-05, 04:03   Link #12
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
That they slash some school girl's throat with a butcher's knife?
Who knows........we have two drunk newtypes and we know how spontaneous newtypes can be ._.
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-06, 03:10   Link #13
Gevurah
What you say?!?!

Quote:
That Haman in your group looked amazing (and hawt, got more pictures?) in every single way.
You mean her?

Yeah, she was rather teh hawt. I remember her telling me I was the first person to recognize her at the expo (granted we were in that horrid line for the passes on the first day). I couldn't help but say Sieg Zeon whenever I saw her throughout the convention. XD

But yeah, I missed the Gundam panel since I had to work that day of the convention. =(

"I appear to be a plushie, but my heart is that of a wolf." - Kon
Gevurah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-06, 15:59   Link #14
HEDGESMFG
Fansubber

A few shots of the other Gundam cosplay there I figured you guys might have wanted to see...

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...echa/zechs.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...xmecha/uc3.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...xmecha/uc2.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...xmecha/uc1.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...axmecha/m1.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...cha/jpseed.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...a/heroines.jpg

I'm the Silver haired Kai in the 4th image. Hardly the most flattering pic, but alas. ;P Thanks goes to Jetspectacular for taking these, I'll try to find a few more shots later. I never did see that Japanese SEED group for myself, though... but there was an american SEED photoshoot the previous day as well. I'll put up pics of that too if they appear.

Last edited by Mr_Paper; 2006-07-06 at 20:47.
HEDGESMFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-06, 20:16   Link #15
Obi-Wan
Mr. Folgers! Wassup, suh?
*Fansubber

The Sword Impulse cosplayer is officially the biggest fag in the world. The UC cosplay looks good. The Seed cosplay group would have been cool if not for all of them except for Andrew and DaCosta being girls. And the Haman girl is pretty good too, but that's an easy costume. She looks better than the real Haman. I vote they redo Zeta with her as the character design for Haman.

Last edited by Obi-Wan; 2006-07-06 at 20:27.
Obi-Wan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-06, 21:57   Link #16
JackRydden224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan
The Sword Impulse cosplayer is officially the biggest fag in the world. The UC cosplay looks good. The Seed cosplay group would have been cool if not for all of them except for Andrew and DaCosta being girls. And the Haman girl is pretty good too, but that's an easy costume. She looks better than the real Haman. I vote they redo Zeta with her as the character design for Haman.
I thought the Andy Waldfield guy was pretty good. His skin tone and hair was very close to the Desert Tiger.

The Haman costume is simple but is more like her fascial expressions and essence made her such a good Haman. Would've been interesting if there was a Mashumar...