AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-07-07, 18:33   Link #21
Potatochobit
Certified Organic
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
one piece is not in one place. they have been gathering the stones. pylogriths? i forgot. those are needed to be put in sequence somehow.
__________________
*Retired*
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-07, 20:16   Link #22
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 27
The poneglyphs are collected in a sequence to become the Rio Poneglyph, the combined message of all of them is the Rio Ponelglyph itself.

One Piece is another thing, I posted a huge theory on what is it in the 'How did Roger get captured?' thread:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...6&postcount=22

If anyone is going to discuss it please go back to the Gold Roger thread and not carry on over here. I don't want to set off an off topic train lol
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-07, 23:13   Link #23
hanxthre
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Fighting Gingivitis
Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP
Its not got anything to do with being Symbolic. I just do not see SHanks and Luffy fighting against one another. It makes no sense at all. And anyway, why should Luffy get someone that is weaker then Zoro?

Luffy will fight someone but it sure as hell won't be Shanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx
I'm not too sure about a Luffy vs Shanks fight... I mean, what reason would they really have to fight other then just for the hell of it?... i can see a mock battle, maybe...
Wow you guys can't see the forest for the trees...Perhaps this won't be the final fight, but if it was the final fight in no way would I be surprised in the slightest...Shanks always instilled in Luffy to be the best pirate he can be...Imagine if both of them stood in each others way of discovering One Piece...They are not gonna take each others hand and skip toward it together...That isn't the pirates way and there can only be one king of the pirates...The have supreme respect for each other and I have no doubt each would fight their hardest and it would probably be pretty epic if Shanks does have a special power (which i think would be the craziest shit in the world if he didn't) It makes no sense at all?? C'mon use your imagination, have you never heard of teacher vs. student...It makes perfect sense (To fight the man that made you aspire to be a pirate, to become the king of the pirates)...I'm miffed how you guys can't see that regardless if it's gonna actually happen or not...
hanxthre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-07, 23:55   Link #24
cheese4u
da big boss
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
There's no doubt in my mind that Luffy is going to fight Shanks at some point, but I'm almost just as sure it won't be the final battle. Remember we still have three Warlords left, anyone of them could be Luffy's final opponent. Also Whitebeard or Aokiji could be Luffy's final opponent, we still have many pieces of One Piece left. However I agree with the previous post, when you are fighting a world wide battle with one goal you have friends who help you along the way and then you have enemies who get in your way, once there are no more enemies to fight, friends will become enemies, I doubt Luffy would spend his entire life finding One Piece and then step aside and let Shanks have it.
cheese4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-08, 00:18   Link #25
hanxthre
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Fighting Gingivitis
Well that is understandable however I can envision a scenerio where he fights Shanks after he beats our mystery challenger...Conversly I could see a scenerio where Whitebeard or whoever beats Shanks to death and Luffy witnesses it making him overflow with hateful emotion, which in-turns helps him beat whomever that is...
hanxthre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-08, 00:34   Link #26
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
The problem with what you say is that other then fighting for the hell it (mock battle), Shanks and Luffy have no reason to really seriously fight eachother... Shanks simply enjoys the freedom of the pirate life; he has shown no intrest in One piece or anything that would draw the two of them into actual conflict... not to mention the fact that Shank's likes to avoid unnessasry conflict...

teacher vs student is very common... however, it comes in one of two ways, a friendly fight where there's nothing to really loose (not exactly the most exciting fight), and then there's the battles where the two are unavoidably forced against eachother (very suspenceful and very emotional, makes for a great fight)... For Shank's and Luffy, any conflict for them would be the former, since they have no reason to really go against eachother like in the later...

As for Shank's powers... swordsmanship... Shanks rivaled Mihawk in might but overall comes second to Mihawk (since Mihawk is the one with the title)... So when we talk about Shank's skills, we're more then likely talking about someone with a lot speed, strength, agility, and some kickass swords moves...

I do see some potential in a Zoro vs Shank's fight though... I mean, how can Zoro turn down a chance to test his own might against someone who rivaled Mihawk... if he can't beat Shanks then he can't beat Mihawk... Lots of conflict can arise from this... Luffy wanted to stop the fight because he cares about both of them, and Zoro reminding Luffy what he said back when he first joined up, that Luffy must never do anything to get in the way of his dream... some great emotional conflict there... its true that there would be great emotional conflict with Shanks vs Luffy, but only if its a serious unavoidable fight, which again, i see no reason for...
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-08, 00:36   Link #27
cheese4u
da big boss
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanxthre
Well that is understandable however I can envision a scenerio where he fights Shanks after he beats our mystery challenger...Conversly I could see a scenerio where Whitebeard or whoever beats Shanks to death and Luffy witnesses it making him overflow with hateful emotion, which in-turns helps him beat whomever that is...

Now you're thinking, I could totally see that happening as opposed to fighting Shanks.
cheese4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-08, 00:57   Link #28
hanxthre
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Fighting Gingivitis
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerX
The problem with what you say is that other then fighting for the hell it (mock battle), Shanks and Luffy have no reason to really seriously fight eachother... Shanks simply enjoys the freedom of the pirate life; he has shown no intrest in One piece or anything that would draw the two of them into actual conflict... not to mention the fact that Shank's likes to avoid unnessasry conflict...

teacher vs student is very common... however, it comes in one of two ways, a friendly fight where there's nothing to really loose (not exactly the most exciting fight), and then there's the battles where the two are unavoidably forced against eachother (very suspenceful and very emotional, makes for a great fight)... For Shank's and Luffy, any conflict for them would be the former, since they have no reason to really go against eachother like in the later...

You don't think Shanks might want to see how much his protege has progressed?? I mean it's one thing to hear stories and read bounties it's another thing to see it for yourself...Shanks from what's implied in the anime is a legendary pirate in his own right and while he may have a happy-go-lucky attitude that doesn't mean he can't change emotions...Hell Luffy's the prime example of this...No ones more happy-go-lucky than him and he's a beast during battles...I think Shanks is getting marginalized a bit, we really don't have anyway of knowing Shank's interpersonal motivations in life...He didn't become a great Pirate by just walking away from every fight and the World Government considers his team one of the biggest threats...While Shanks is pure-hearted (much like his protege) that doesn't mean he doesn't kick ass and I mean major ass when he has to...Finally him being second to Mihawk in swordsmanship only shows one aspect of what he may be able to do...If he has a special power or devil fruit ability he may pose more propblems than just swordfighting (which if he is only behind Mihawk he's fucking incredible)...
hanxthre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-08, 01:45   Link #29
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanxthre
You don't think Shanks might want to see how much his protege has progressed??
ahem, isn't that fighting for the hell of it, like i said?

Quote:
Shanks from what's implied in the anime is a legendary pirate in his own right and while he may have a happy-go-lucky attitude that doesn't mean he can't change emotions........ While Shanks is pure-hearted (much like his protege) that doesn't mean he doesn't kick ass and I mean major ass when he has to...
We already know that Shanks is a serious badass when he gets serious... we saw that in the first chapter with the bandits and the seaking... Even when testing Luffy, why would go as far against him as he would an enemy... afterall, he may want to test Luffy, but he wouldn't want to kill him and the same goes with Luffy towards Shanks... a friendly match, not much more then that

Quote:
He didn't become a great Pirate by just walking away from every fight and the World Government considers his team one of the biggest threats...
He doesn't walk away from every fight, just the unnessassary ones (like the bandits)... there are plenty of battles that he can't avoid, such as battles with marines, since they would never allow him to escape... Thanks to the marines, Shank's has been given plenty of chances to prove to the government how strong he is

Quote:
Finally him being second to Mihawk in swordsmanship only shows one aspect of what he may be able to do...If he has a special power or devil fruit ability he may pose more propblems than just swordfighting (which if he is only behind Mihawk he's fucking incredible)...
What's so wrong with Shank's just being the second best swordsman in the world? second best is nothing laugh at... With just that swordfighting, Shank's already ranks amongst the best, and in addition to that strnegth he's also got a very powerful crew under his command... why does he really need anything more then that?

i certainly hope he doesn't have a devil fruit... same goes for Whitebeard and Mihawk... Seriously, not having devil fruits but still ranking amongst the best makes them so much more hardcore...
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-08, 02:03   Link #30
Phenomenal
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
The problem with what you say is that other then fighting for the hell it (mock battle), Shanks and Luffy have no reason to really seriously fight eachother... Shanks simply enjoys the freedom of the pirate life; he has shown no intrest in One piece or anything that would draw the two of them into actual conflict... not to mention the fact that Shank's likes to avoid unnessasry conflict...
Who knows what Shanks goal is there has not been enough info concerning his wants. Too say that he is not after One Piece is a giant leap. For all we know Shanks could end up as Luffy's Greatest villain. Hell I would not call Mihawk a good guy when he goes off destroying ships for the hell of it. It is too early to judge Mihawk or Shanks and their motives.
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-08, 02:03   Link #31
hanxthre
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Fighting Gingivitis
Well devils' fruits makes the show for me...I have no probs with that...I have an understanding of how more credit goes to those who don't posess one but for me it's all about seeing different powers and abilities and the techniques one can achieve even given the percieved limitations of that power...Anime allows you to do this and that's what I love seeing what power they can come up with next...One thing I love about One Piece is that people with devil fruit abilities don't necessarily use their abilities as one would think they would...Alot of deepness in-terms of techniques used...

Quote:
What's so wrong with Shank's just being the second best swordsman in the world? second best is nothing laugh at... With just that swordfighting, Shank's already ranks amongst the best, and in addition to that strnegth he's also got a very powerful crew under his command... why does he really need anything more then that?
Why wouldn't he??(and what's so wrong with him having an additional power worthy of a world threat) That just makes him even cooler...I don't want to see him fight Luffy with a sword while Luffy has none...I want him to have a special power...Considering his past flashbacks shows that looking for devils fruit is something that is important to him I think it's more than likely to believe he may have one inside of him...Furthermore I don't even know for sure if Gol D didn't have some power...Oda has yet to be totally clear about alot of things...with another 200 plus ep of One Piece on the horizon he may not have made his mind up on any of this yet...

Getting back to my main point, Luffy fighting Shanks at some important moment involving One Piece (and it's finality) is something I look forward too and see no impossible hurdle to jump in terms of it happening...It seems really natural to me...and even if by the sliver of all slivers it was for the hell of it, there'd still be a symbolic value to the fight which is just as rich...

Quote:
Who knows what Shanks goal is there has not been enough info concerning his wants. Too say that he is not after One Piece is a giant leap. For all we know Shanks could end up as Luffy's Greatest villain. Hell I would not call Mihawk a good guy when he goes off destroying ships for the hell of it. It is too early to judge Mihawk or Shanks and their motives.
Exactly...So many more challenges await and we have no idea what will happen and what will change...It think it says alot for how much we respect characters that appear in the anime less that 5%...That says alot, which is why I am intrigued about the future...
hanxthre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-08, 12:00   Link #32
badmanversion1
LandLubber
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
i wonder if we'll see a fight between luffy and someone with the "gomugomu fruits weakness" power ... (dont know what it could be like any ideas ??)

like the enel Vs Luffy (where luffy had the fruit with enels weakeness)

just to see how luffy would over come it ?? enel sure figured out how to combat it when he fought luffy - could the luffster do the same ?
badmanversion1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-08, 12:15   Link #33
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenol
Who knows what Shanks goal is there has not been enough info concerning his wants. Too say that he is not after One Piece is a giant leap. For all we know Shanks could end up as Luffy's Greatest villain. Hell I would not call Mihawk a good guy when he goes off destroying ships for the hell of it. It is too early to judge Mihawk or Shanks and their motives.
Lets get this sorted out.

Mihawk, doesn't go around terrorizing innocent people. He wiped out Don Kreig's fleet. Don Krieg is a man well know to terrorize villages, through any means nesscery. Krieg got what he deserved. His crew was not innocent.


And i don't see how Shanks was Luffy teacher at all. He never taught him to be a pirate. Luffy learned a thing or 2 by Shanks actions and that was all. I do not ever see Shanks becoming Luffy's enemy.


Quote:
Wow you guys can't see the forest for the trees...Perhaps this won't be the final fight, but if it was the final fight in no way would I be surprised in the slightest...Shanks always instilled in Luffy to be the best pirate he can be...Imagine if both of them stood in each others way of discovering One Piece...They are not gonna take each others hand and skip toward it together...That isn't the pirates way and there can only be one king of the pirates..
I don't recall Shanks ever wanting to go after One Piece. He already knows Whitebeard is going after it. Unless he is confident he can beat the Old Guy- i can't see him going after it.
We do not even know that Shanks want to be PIRATE King.



Quote:
.The have supreme respect for each other and I have no doubt each would fight their hardest and it would probably be pretty epic if Shanks does have a special power (which i think would be the craziest shit in the world if he didn't) It makes no sense at all?? C'mon use your imagination, have you never heard of teacher vs. student...It makes perfect sense (To fight the man that made you aspire to be a pirate, to become the king of the pirates)...I'm miffed how you guys can't see that regardless if it's gonna actually happen or not...
I don't see Shanks as Luffy's teacher at all. He never taught him in anyway. Luffy learnt a thing or 2 about what a real man is, from the way Shanks conducted himself in the face of being attacked. And as for Shanks making Luffy wanna be a Pirate, i dunno about that. Didn't Luffy want to be a Pirate long before he met Shanks?


Quote:
i wonder if we'll see a fight between luffy and someone with the "gomugomu fruits weakness" power ... (dont know what it could be like any ideas ??)

like the enel Vs Luffy (where luffy had the fruit with enels weakeness)

just to see how luffy would over come it ?? enel sure figured out how to combat it when he fought luffy - could the luffster do the same ?
You don't neeed Luffy's devil fruit weakness to be able to beat him. Admiral Koji showed that when he utterly Pwned him. Smoker owned him so easily. Mr.1 if anyone has Luffy's natural weakness and that is to blades/sharp objects.

And anyway, its not like Luffy isn't able to be hurt. You only need to give a powerful punch amongst other things.
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-08, 12:46   Link #34
Phenomenal
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP
Lets get this sorted out.

Mihawk, doesn't go around terrorizing innocent people. He wiped out Don Kreig's fleet. Don Krieg is a man well know to terrorize villages, through any means nesscery. Krieg got what he deserved. His crew was not innocent.

Uh, He basically chased down Krieg and did them in "Just to kill time." Mihawk seems to be honorable but his motives and attitude are unknown. Krieg has never been stated to terrize innocent people he always pillaged other pirates and destroyed Marine ships that is all.

And i don't see how Shanks was Luffy teacher at all. He never taught him to be a pirate. Luffy learned a thing or 2 by Shanks actions and that was all. I do not ever see Shanks becoming Luffy's enemy.


I agree with your first statement but not the second. How do you know that Shanks is not looking for One Piece? That right their could make Luffy and Shanks fight each other as enemies for the title of the greatest pirate. What do you actually think Shanks is just sailing the Grandlines for the hell of it? I don't think so.

I don't recall Shanks ever wanting to go after One Piece. He already knows Whitebeard is going after it. Unless he is confident he can beat the Old Guy- i can't see him going after it. We do not even know that Shanks want to be PIRATE King.

Exactly, but to say that he has no dreams or goals is nonsense! Most likely he is after One Piece or hell he could be trying to take over the world! Shanks is said to be a powerhouse and he is obviously persuing something I believe it is One Piece.


I don't see Shanks as Luffy's teacher at all. He never taught him in anyway. Luffy learnt a thing or 2 about what a real man is, from the way Shanks conducted himself in the face of being attacked. And as for Shanks making Luffy wanna be a Pirate, i dunno about that. Didn't Luffy want to be a Pirate long before he met Shanks?

Yes, Shanks inspired him to be a great Pirate, better than shanks and his crew!

You don't neeed Luffy's devil fruit weakness to be able to beat him. Admiral Koji showed that when he utterly Pwned him. Smoker owned him so easily. Mr.1 if anyone has Luffy's natural weakness and that is to blades/sharp objects.

Exactly!

And anyway, its not like Luffy isn't able to be hurt. You only need to give a powerful punch amongst other things.
Yes indeed true! Luffy has shown to be damaged by a punch if the opponent is strong enough.
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-08, 14:30   Link #35
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanxthre
One thing I love about One Piece is that people with devil fruit abilities don't necessarily use their abilities as one would think they would...Alot of deepness in-terms of techniques used...
Well, that is very true... Luffy's proved that on more then one occassion
Spoiler for manga:


Quote:
Why wouldn't he??(and what's so wrong with him having an additional power worthy of a world threat) That just makes him even cooler...I don't want to see him fight Luffy with a sword while Luffy has none...I want him to have a special power...Considering his past flashbacks shows that looking for devils fruit is something that is important to him I think it's more than likely to believe he may have one inside of him...Furthermore I don't even know for sure if Gol D didn't have some power...Oda has yet to be totally clear about alot of things...with another 200 plus ep of One Piece on the horizon he may not have made his mind up on any of this yet...
First off additional power worthy of a world threat? The man has the second best sword skills, already placing him amognst the best fighters in the world... and furtharmore he's got what is probably the second most powerful pirate crew on the grandline, includeing members with 94 million bounties... i think he has well more then enough to prove how much of a potential threat he is

second, the flashback doesn't really tell us that devil fruits are important to Shanks... he only has been shown to have found one and we don't know how he came to get it... it could be that he was purposely hunting for it, but more then likely he probably just came over it by chance while hunting for treasure... And we are not sure what he was planning on doing with it, though if he really wanted to it he probably would have done so sooner... my guess is that he was either saving in for his crew if they wanted it, or he was planning on selling for a hefty price... though the reason he reacted the way he did when Luffy ate the fruit wasn't because he was worried about the fruit, he was worried about what it would do to Luffy...

Spoiler for manga:


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenol
How do you know that Shanks is not looking for One Piece? That right their could make Luffy and Shanks fight each other as enemies for the title of the greatest pirate. What do you actually think Shanks is just sailing the Grandlines for the hell of it? I don't think so.

Exactly, but to say that he has no dreams or goals is nonsense! Most likely he is after One Piece or hell he could be trying to take over the world! Shanks is said to be a powerhouse and he is obviously persuing something I believe it is One Piece.
"Shanks is not the type of man to go out and change the world" as it has been said... Taking over the world or becoming the new pirate king would be a contradition to that... i don't think shanks has even said the word One Piece; not to mention he spends an often lot of time hanging around on islands, for someone who's in the greatest race of the age (heck other then the first chapter, we have never even seen his ship)... Shanks seems more like the type who already has what he was after, simple freedom... because he and his crew are so powerful and don't cause nearly as much havoc as they are capable of they never really have to worry about loosing their freedom... their crew is sorta like their own slice of paradise... a life like a never ending party

If Shanks does still have some unfullfilled dreams, then i doubt it's one piece, cause as i've said, he has never for a moment shown any consideration of going after it and becoming the pirate king... If shanks is involved in anything though, i would say it is "the will of D"... hence his concern to Whitebeard over Ace and blackbeard (two D's on the verge of clashing)... grant it, that could definatly bring him too Luffy eventually, but don''t see how it would force them into conflict
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-08, 15:03   Link #36
Phenomenal
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx
"Shanks is not the type of man to go out and change the world" as it has been said... Taking over the world or becoming the new pirate king would be a contradition to that... i don't think shanks has even said the word One Piece; not to mention he spends an often lot of time hanging around on islands, for someone who's in the greatest race of the age (heck other then the first chapter, we have never even seen his ship)... Shanks seems more like the type who already has what he was after, simple freedom... because he and his crew are so powerful and don't cause nearly as much havoc as they are capable of they never really have to worry about loosing their freedom... their crew is sorta like their own slice of paradise... a life like a never ending party

"Shanks seems more like the type who already has what he was after, simple freedom... " Wow this sounds like something out of a disney movie. This is wrong Slayerx Your telling me that Shanks has no goals or dreams of his own and basically he is sailing the grandline for the hell of it! that is crap. Also your comment from the Governement officials means nothing, they do not know what the hell Shanks is doing otherwise if they were so sure of him not trying to upset the world they would not be monitoring his movements. There would be no need to spy on him and Whitebeard, It is hell of obvious that he can be dangerous and considering that he has yet to announce his Goals which will soon come too pass most likely he would be after One Piece. To say that Shanks is just in it not to win it is bull.

If Shanks does still have some unfullfilled dreams, then i doubt it's one piece, cause as i've said, he has never for a moment shown any consideration of going after it and becoming the pirate king... If shanks is involved in anything though, i would say it is "the will of D"... hence his concern to Whitebeard over Ace and blackbeard (two D's on the verge of clashing)... grant it, that could definatly bring him too Luffy eventually, but don''t see how it would force them into conflict
Uh, so you base your claims on the three times that Shanks was shown throughout a series that has had over 400 chapters? Shanks is not doing this for nothing he has dreams and goals as well as anybody and to say that he is not after One Piece is overstepping the boundries. Most likely he and Lufyy coukld have the same dreamsand that can cause them to come into conflict with each other.
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-08, 15:04   Link #37
cheese4u
da big boss
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Ok there's no doubt in my mind that Shank's has some kind of dream, after all dreams is the theme of the show. However take this into consideration if Shanks doesn't raid, if he doesn't pillage, if he doesn't fight unneccesarily, then what the hell is he doing?
cheese4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-08, 15:05   Link #38
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
The Phenomenol-

I wrote:
Lets get this sorted out.

Mihawk, doesn't go around terrorizing innocent people. He wiped out Don Kreig's fleet. Don Krieg is a man well know to terrorize villages, through any means nesscery. Krieg got what he deserved. His crew was not innocent.

Quote:
Uh, He basically chased down Krieg and did them in "Just to kill time." Mihawk seems to be honorable but his motives and attitude are unknown. Krieg has never been stated to terrize innocent people he always pillaged other pirates and destroyed Marine ships that is all.
Don Krieg is a ruthless Pirate. He pillaged many villages. Mihawk was doing his job. His job is to rid the sea of Pirates that are a nuisence to the WG. He mighta been bored but he was doing his job. You can't say he didn't deserve it did he?


I wrote:
And i don't see how Shanks was Luffy teacher at all. He never taught him to be a pirate. Luffy learned a thing or 2 by Shanks actions and that was all. I do not ever see Shanks becoming Luffy's enemy.


Quote:
I agree with your first statement but not the second. How do you know that Shanks is not looking for One Piece? That right their could make Luffy and Shanks fight each other as enemies for the title of the greatest pirate. What do you actually think Shanks is just sailing the Grandlines for the hell of it? I don't think so.
But is Shanks a man, that would go up against Whitebeard, a man he very well knows is the strongest man on the Planet and is also after One Piece?
How-ever that we do not know. I guess we'll have to wait.


I don't recall Shanks ever wanting to go after One Piece. He already knows Whitebeard is going after it. Unless he is confident he can beat the Old Guy- i can't see him going after it. We do not even know that Shanks want to be PIRATE King.

Quote:
Exactly, but to say that he has no dreams or goals is nonsense! Most likely he is after One Piece or hell he could be trying to take over the world! Shanks is said to be a powerhouse and he is obviously persuing something I believe it is One Piece.
As i said in my previous reply, we'll just have to wait and see.

I WROTE:
I don't see Shanks as Luffy's teacher at all. He never taught him in anyway. Luffy learnt a thing or 2 about what a real man is, from the way Shanks conducted himself in the face of being attacked. And as for Shanks making Luffy wanna be a Pirate, i dunno about that. Didn't Luffy want to be a Pirate long before he met Shanks?

Quote:
Yes, Shanks inspired him to be a great Pirate, better than shanks and his crew!
Yes he did. But that doesn't make him a teacher does it? just a role-model for Luffy.
I WROTE:
You don't neeed Luffy's devil fruit weakness to be able to beat him. Admiral Koji showed that when he utterly Pwned him. Smoker owned him so easily. Mr.1 if anyone has Luffy's natural weakness and that is to blades/sharp objects.


Quote:
Exactly!

And anyway, its not like Luffy isn't able to be hurt. You only need to give a powerful punch amongst other things.
That we agree upon.
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-08, 15:21   Link #39
cheese4u
da big boss
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Right now there are a lot of guys that can and have owned Luffy in fights, does anyone think Luffy's gears are gonna play a major part in his development, because I'm at a loss as to how Luffy is going to beat any of these guys in the future. Maybe there's going to be a timeskip or something, because even with the gears Luffy is going to get his ass kicked often going against the remaining Warlords, the Navy, and Whitebeard.
cheese4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-08, 15:22   Link #40
Phenomenal
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP
Don Krieg is a ruthless Pirate. He pillaged many villages. Mihawk was doing his job. His job is to rid the sea of Pirates that are a nuisence to the WG. He mighta been bored but he was doing his job. You can't say he didn't deserve it did he?

I was not aware that Don Krieg was a threat to the World Government Don Krieg could not even conquer East Blue and Mihawk took his ships out just to "kill time." That shows Mihawk's Badassness!

But is Shanks a man, that would go up against Whitebeard, a man he very well knows is the strongest man on the Planet and is also after One Piece?
How-ever that we do not know. I guess we'll have to wait.

Yes I believe Shanks will, Hell considering how he did not care about who the World Government sends to interfere with his meeting with Whitebeard. You act as if Shanks would not go to war with Whitebeard if he had too.

I don't recall Shanks ever wanting to go after One Piece. He already knows Whitebeard is going after it. Unless he is confident he can beat the Old Guy- i can't see him going after it. We do not even know that Shanks want to be PIRATE King.

Uh, Shanks is not sailing the Grandline for nothing. More than likely he is after One Piece. To say that he is not in search of One Piece is a giant leap.[Like you said though we have to wait and see.

Yes he did. But that doesn't make him a teacher does it? just a role-model for Luffy.

Exactly a Role model! not a teacher.

That we agree upon.
Indeed we agree upon that..
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:34.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.