AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Zero no Tsukaima

Notices

Old 2006-07-27, 01:32   Link #281
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Tsundere's here there and everywhere. Run for the hills in 2006, the year of angry anime girls who beat men with sticks.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-27, 02:06   Link #282
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Watched all 3 episodes so far and I like. I almost ignored this anime if it not for people mentioning how most of the cast of Shakugan no Shana is in Zero no Tsukaima. First episode, gave off a harry potter vibe and then I started to think if this anime might end up being like Negami Sensei. I'm glad so far it doesn't seem it.
Old 2006-07-27, 06:29   Link #283
Mephisto2k
anime4life

I think its one of my favourite shows this summer (after honey and clover of course). Ive also seen all 3 epsiodes and i agree, the cast is very similar to shakugan no shana. But i dont mind. Almost every anime character of any anime is taken from somewhere else anyway. How many characters are there, which are just new and original that we've never seen before?

edit: just found out "J.C.STAFF" is working on it, an they were also working on SnS which would explain the similarities in cast. But its a great studie also responsible for honey and clover, azumanga daiho, shingetsutan tsukihime and many more.
Mephisto2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-27, 10:35   Link #284
Seiryuu

I'm really trying to figure out just what's up with this guy's power. As far as I can tell, he's a "channel", a person with incredible talent and power, but unable to naturally access it. If he has an outlet through which to release said power though, that is, some magic in contact with him, there is almost no limit to his potential. It's sort of like bleach, how Ichigo's insane power is too much for him to handle, and he isn't even set up normally to handle it, but once he is given a way to manifest and apply it, he's unstoppable.
I thought the runic name was interesting. As far as I could translate with a rudimentary translation table, it says "Gundolf". Anyone know where I can find out more about these runes and how to read them? I'd like to know what the book actually says. Since I spotted words like "mage" repeatedly, I'm pretty sure it's not just gibberish. For that matter, does anyone know what this fifth magic is, the fifth point of the Pentagon?
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-27, 11:02   Link #285
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu
I'm really trying to figure out just what's up with this guy's power.
Dont over-think it yet.
Episode 4 was not in line with the way the novel's went, so I can understand how it might be confusing.

If anyone really wants to spoil themselves as to what saito's powers are, I guess I could post it.
But its one of the interesting things to find out by watching the show, so I'd suggest sitting back and enjoying it.

But: Dont try to overanalyze it, there is really no there there. The anime producers meddling with the plot makes it a whole lot harder to figure out whats going on that it needs to be. Heck, maybe theyve even changed the story completely.

Once they explain it you'll see that they are really not that complicated.

one thing I will say about a change they made in ep 1:
Spoiler:
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-27, 16:41   Link #286
yellowkaiq
~Chrno + Rosette~

Send a message via AIM to yellowkaiq
The first episode hooked me, and the following were hilarious. Definite resemblance to Shana, but I think it's still nice.

I liked Shakugan no Shana very much, though it was only after the first few episodes.

Youtube.com/timelesstroll - Check me out!
yellowkaiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-27, 20:51   Link #287
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO Send a message via Skype™ to Onizuka-GTO
So ,seito isn't the frist thing to be summon to this world, but it's so typical that the other thing was a ero-hon. lol.

Episode 05 looks good.

Shame the raws pop out so slowly, but i guess it can't be helped.

Mind you im starting to enjoy the Sadistic Mistress scenes, whip that dog! who's your mama?!?!

Maybe I'm a closet SDBM?

Old 2006-07-27, 22:49   Link #288
Shirobane
Haruhiism Worshipper

I'm enjoying the fact that Saito knows he's playing with fire and does it anyways. Makes for the whipping that much more hilarious
Shirobane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-27, 22:59   Link #289
Decel

Hmm, ep 4 seems a lot more tame than the previous one. Kind of anti-climactic. I hope they return to novel-based eps.
Old 2006-07-27, 23:00   Link #290
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama
Tsundere's here there and everywhere. Run for the hills in 2006, the year of angry anime girls who beat men with sticks.
Actually 2006 is the year of Yuri

Simoun
Strawberry panic
The Third
Old 2006-07-27, 23:59   Link #291
uruchai
"You'll be blessed!"

contrary to my initial impression, ep 4 was actually not BAD. and since I have not read the novel, I have no basis for comparison. so, I actually enjoyed it. some scenes made me smile and made me go "aww, that's sweet!". plus, the animation was quite consistent.

the episode was all about Saito's character (and I thought it was about Siesta...); and I must say that I'm liking his character more and more. I actually applaud him for being able to resist Kirche's advances

and regarding Kirche, it was quite sweet of her to bring her leftovers for Saito, even if it's just seduction, flirting and simply annoying the hell outta Louise. I'm slowly warming up to her character.
uruchai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-28, 10:48   Link #292
Sasha

So does anybody know if they are still following the novel or not?
Sasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-28, 11:26   Link #293
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

We will get to know that once ep 5 is aired. Supposedly it WILL follow the novels.

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-28, 13:41   Link #294
Kisuke06
I see...

Episode 4 was nice, I think Saito and Siesta makes a good couple.

Next episode looks very good.
Old 2006-07-28, 14:38   Link #295
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Is it me or is Tabitha showing slight affections for Saito when she watched him riding the horse and leaving.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-28, 16:26   Link #296
Sasha

Would a novel reader care to PM me/or write in a spoiler tag in this thread if some of the minor characters (Guiche, Tabitha, Montmorency) will play a larger roll in the anime later on?

Edit: I just realised something. Is Episode 6 a filler as well? Since the title is something about a thief.

And in Episode 4, at the beginning they were talking about a thief as well....

Last edited by Sasha; 2006-07-28 at 21:10.
Sasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-29, 00:18   Link #297
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Just started watching this show. Does she have to kiss the familiar? Thank god it was a boy, isn't it? What if she summon something weird like a jellyfish? ^^
Old 2006-07-29, 04:07   Link #298
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Episode 4 is sweet. Siesta just became my favourite girl in this series (well, there aren't much to choose from between Zero Louise and SuperBust). That mustache guy is just sick, and sadly it does happen, buying women to satisfy their own treacheous desires. Saito, even though they are just acquintances is very considerate to risk himself to save her. Siesta might misunderstood something here though... but earth to Saito, there is absolutely nothing bad about Siesta. Damn, she is probably the sweestest girl he has met. Go for it!

Saito and Siesta makes a very cute couple, probably the best match in the series.
Old 2006-07-29, 07:05   Link #299
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO Send a message via Skype™ to Onizuka-GTO
superbust wins for me. @)

Mind you the sad thing is that the minute saito gives in, she'll lose interest.
Old 2006-07-29, 07:18   Link #300
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Okay.. there's seriously no more need for Siesta to be even more like god damn Yoshida.. >_>

Anyway, episode 04 was lots of fun, just what i'm loving about this series - though i'm hope we get to see more of Saito kicking arse soon.

Tags
adventure, comedy, ecchi, fantasy, j.c. staff, magic, romance, shounen, tsundere