AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-08-02, 17:04   Link #1
Zdrok

evangelion, no what?

give me somethis as thought provoking as this. or next to it
Old 2006-08-02, 17:16   Link #2
Scorch

A lot of people say RahXephon is a lot like Evangelion, you might like it. I ended up liking it more than Evangelion.

If you want something that's seriously thought provoking, try Serial Experiments Lain. Shamelessly stolen from the back of the first DVD: "There is the world around us, a world of people, tactile sensation, and culture. There is the wired world, inside the computer, of images, personalities, virtual experiences, and a culture all of its own. The day after a classmate commits suicide, Lain, a thirteen year-old girl, discovers how closely the two worlds are linked when she receives an e-mail from the dead girl: "I just abandoned my body. I still live here...""
Old 2006-08-02, 23:12   Link #3
mit7059

In a completely different direction, you may want to try Planet ES, its not as thought provoking or as controversial as Neon Genesis, but it brings up some rather important things that will have to be thought about in the future. It also deals with the motivation behind terrorism, and extremism. And its got some good comedy thrown in along with a great romance aspect, the series does not end they way you would expect from the beginning. You may hate the characters after the first ep or two but give them time, they will not disappoint. They really grow on you. Clearly I enjoyed this more than evangelion as I haven't even finished evangelion but I watched Planet ES in two days.

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
Old 2006-08-03, 10:32   Link #4
miaka

Kino no Tabi - its an action adventure show but licensed
Mushishi - adventure and episodic
xxxHolic - comedy horror that deals with eastern philosophy/teaching and paranormal such as concept of karma, destiny ...etc.
Infinite Ryvius - mecha, sci-fi set in space that deals with survival

Last edited by miaka; 2006-08-03 at 11:26.
Closed Thread