Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-06-19, 20:09   Link #761
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURI123456 View Post
So when she kills them she doesn't even feel guilty so nothing stops her from kills innocent humans if she wants to get EXP from humans.
She doesn't though.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-21, 13:06   Link #762
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

What a pointless episode. I kept waiting to see Kumoko and the Demon Lord in the second half, but all we saw were those ridiculous children having a fight. The human side of this story has never been all that appealing, but having to watch an entire episode devoted to them was painful.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-22, 09:37   Link #763
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Hate the human arcs, its like watching the random background fodder for 3 episodes only in this case it feels like half the series.
Old 2021-06-22, 15:47   Link #764
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Hate the human arcs, its like watching the random background fodder for 3 episodes only in this case it feels like half the series.
The real problem (apart from the horrible lack of characterization of the non-spiders)is that we have no reason to give a damn about who wins. The elves are assholes, the demons inflicted Hugo on us again and seem to be assholes as well, and team hero are like nails on a blackboard. So you are just left wanting them all to die as fast as possible.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-23, 00:32   Link #765
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
To add to this, the story is told completely out of chronological order, which is really detrimental to one's understanding of the story and characters. I really wish they hadn't done that.

I know how the story goes so I'm not confused, but if I hadn't read the source material I'd be utterly lost. I have no idea why the production team decided to air the show in this manner. It's really weird.

I'll watch literally anything with Aoi Yuuki in it, though. So don't mind me. I'm just a simp.
Old 2021-06-24, 07:13   Link #766
kari-no-sugata II

Message on the official website today:
https://kumo-anime.com/news.html#news-210624-1

Quote:
6月25日(金)より順次放送・配信を予定しておりました第24話ですが、
制作進行上の都合により放送延期となりました。
お楽しみ下さっている皆様にはお待たせしてしまう形となりますが、
改めて放送枠を調整し、お届けできるようにいたします。
Essentially, broadcast of ep 24 has been delayed due to production issues.

No reason given why. Could be COVID related could be something else.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-24, 08:11   Link #767
Marina2

I think we all know the true reason....

On the bright side, they will have time to make it looks good.
Old 2021-06-24, 18:01   Link #768
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
To add to this, the story is told completely out of chronological order, which is really detrimental to one's understanding of the story and characters. I really wish they hadn't done that.

I know how the story goes so I'm not confused, but if I hadn't read the source material I'd be utterly lost. I have no idea why the production team decided to air the show in this manner. It's really weird.

I'll watch literally anything with Aoi Yuuki in it, though. So don't mind me. I'm just a simp.
They are airing it this way because that's the way the author wrote it and presented it. Not knowing what is going on is the point. The author is a huge troll. They deliberately made it so everyone thought the demon lord was Kumoko right up until she shows up to squash the spider. There are also a few other trolls that have been hinted but I doubt will be reveled this season. Anime viewers actually got more information as we get to see what's in Taboo alot sooner than how the novel handled it. Much of the series is a "how we got here" to the events unfolding in these flashforward episodes. and in typical fashion for the author take your expectations and use them against you.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-28, 22:18   Link #769
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
The job she's done with this series is on the level of Robin Williams in Aladdin. Unfortunately, Kumoko's absence in the recent episodes has just shown how much she's been carrying everything.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-28, 23:50   Link #770
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
The job she's done with this series is on the level of Robin Williams in Aladdin. Unfortunately, Kumoko's absence in the recent episodes has just shown how much she's been carrying everything.
Kumoko is funny because she makes non-stop chitchatting and a series of funny anime references It makes me think maybe she is deviated the thought process of Wakaba. Wakaba does not get alone, or tried to get alone with her classmates. So, she developed the communication disorder(コミュ障). She stutters and speaks few words. Nevertheless, it will not hinder her achievement. A certain Japanese music composer is not an eloquent speaker, but his music is still great. A certain self driving car executive is not an eloquent speaker, but his product still sells well. When it comes to the communication disorder, Kuro(the black armor guy) and Shiro(Albino Wakaba?) are not eloquent speakers. They don't talk much, and they appear unfriendly, but it might not be their intention.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-29, 04:55   Link #771
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
The real problem (apart from the horrible lack of characterization of the non-spiders)is that we have no reason to give a damn about who wins. The elves are assholes, the demons inflicted Hugo on us again and seem to be assholes as well, and team hero are like nails on a blackboard. So you are just left wanting them all to die as fast as possible.
continuous episodes of generic-isekai-male-with-a-harem-and-his-dramas really made the show stale stale for me at this point.

episode 23:

the only thing that amused me is the elves seem to have crappy looking mobile suits.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-01, 00:24   Link #772
EroKing

NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-21 at 06:32.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-01, 08:06   Link #773
Tohsaka
Magus

The final episode will air this Saturday, July 3rd.
https://twitter.com/kumoko_anime/sta...23570908762117
Tohsaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-01, 12:14   Link #774
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
i wonder what happened to those that tried to take the picture against her will, they probably got jinx eyed...
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-01, 13:14   Link #775
Marina2

'So I'm a Spider, So What?' CG Assistant Addresses Production Issues Around Delayed Finale
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/int...finale/.174653
Old 2021-07-01, 20:26   Link #776
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
i wonder what happened to those that tried to take the picture against her will, they probably got jinx eyed...
If you have played enough ero games, you would know it is a generic scence before action on bed takes place. She appears to be, or tries to behave as, a gentle lady when standing on her legs.

Spoiler:
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-02, 00:52   Link #777
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post
If you have played enough ero games, you would know it is a generic scence before action on bed takes place. She appears to be, or tries to behave as, a gentle lady when standing on her legs.

Spoiler:
i cant say ive played any of those games. mostly playing games like Soulcaibur 2-4 in the past, Initial D 2-4, maximum tune 3-5, Unreal Tournament 1999, 2004. currently is mostly arcade games but i do have the console game on xbox 360 and a PC version of UT 1999. ero games werent part of my resume.

she is a bit hyper and scatter brained with her internal monologue and quiet and cold outwardly. i cant wait to see more spider scenes beating up her enemies .
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-02, 05:36   Link #778
kari-no-sugata II

Episode 24 preview

Spoiler for episode 24 preview:
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-02, 12:39   Link #779
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post

Spoiler:
Jokes on her partner then, spiders eat the males.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-03, 09:36   Link #780
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Ugh! In terms of animation, fight choreography, pacing and the overall narrative execution, this is probably the worst episode of this show yet.

The human side of the plot was actually really interesting but they have been mishandling it for the last three episodes or so since the war with the elf village broke out. Like I said before, the fight during the entirety of the war is a hodge-podge of bad CGI & poor choreography. Even the pacing & narrative started to get messy when the war started. I don't understand how & why they dropped the ball so hard after such a good plot point where Shun & co finally met other reincarnations in the elf village. Was the source also this messy when it reached this point in the story?

Of course, the bad stuff is not limited to just the human parts. In this episode, the fight between Kumoko & Potimas is so janky to the point where I bursted out laughing. The reveal that Potimas has a Terminator body only added hilarity to the entire sequence but not in a good way. It was the ridiculous mix of Kumoko's personality within Ariel that actually entertained me more in this episode than Kumoko herself. Although, I did chuckle when Kumoko did the Minky Momo's body twirl reference when she got her humanoid upper-body. All the classic anime references from Kumoko just never ends .

I wonder why the animators chose to do the “Kumoko vs. Potimas” fight using some handdrawn animation when the Terminator-timas could've been better-realized as CGI. I mean, they get A for effort since drawing Kumoko battling using a humanoid upper-body on top of the arachnid lower-body is a pretty gutsy decision, so I'll give them that. Still, the result left a lot to be desired.

Now that most of the mystery of what Kumoko is doing during the future time of the human characters has been answered, I wonder if we’re still gonna follow two different time periods or not going forward.