AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-07-20, 10:30   Link #281
Frontier

Diablo, let poor Ramiris go. She can barely maintain enough self-respect as a Demon Lord as is. Not even Veldora, who she makes it out as though she defeated in one blow, takes her seriously. And then she faints before she can (presumably) tell them about Clayman's plan and Walpurgis .

Well, the cover-up isn't all that inaccurate as to what happened, it's just downplaying how much Rimuru did and making Veldora more involved, but as a whole it's not completely denying everything that happened. And at least Rimuru acknowledges that some of what he did was a "sin" .

Is Youm ready to be king? Who knows. All that matters is that Rimuru trusts him and that he has to impress the woman he loves, and poor Mjurran has their entire relationship put out there and she's left blushing adorably about it .

Seems like it's a tough job being Fuze and running Blumund's intelligence and negotiating with otherworld powers, but the king knows what he's doing...also he didn't faint in this episode, so that's a perk .

Eren is so tired of her dad constantly questioning everything, but it's Rimuru's simplicity in motivations that finally wins Elalude over and gains them another new ally .

Gobta is put to sleep by all the politics, but at least he can still clap when necessary. How diligent of him .

Rimuru thinks it's as simple as fighting Clayman, and Clayman's rushing to cause a near genocide to become more powerful, but it seems like Clayman might be a pawn in a larger game being played by those above him...especially with Kazaream and Yuuki in play. Who is the real mastermind here ?

Don't forget about Milim, who is somehow still serving Clayman, even if he should be wary about how hard she is to control. Also, a nice shot of her backside and butt .

Well, it's probably not what Mjurran would've wanted, but some people are taking her supposed death personally even if it's just because they saw her as a nice and useful tool. Can't wait until Clayman finds out she's still alive though .
Old 2021-07-20, 12:09   Link #282
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Ramiris appeared for a few minutes then slept the entire episode away, it was as if the writers suddenly remembered that she was in the first OP and were olbigated to make her appear in any episode
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-20, 17:57   Link #283
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I don't mind three entire episodes of just meetings, but at least try to make them interesting instead of having everybody be on the same page. This is getting boring. Give me back Slime Diaries!
Old 2021-07-20, 19:26   Link #284
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I don't mind three entire episodes of just meetings, but at least try to make them interesting instead of having everybody be on the same page. This is getting boring. Give me back Slime Diaries!
Such a relaxing case of politics .
Old 2021-07-20, 20:56   Link #285
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well both Gobuta and Veldora wasnt paying attention to all that talking but at less Rimuru flexing his power a little bit
Old 2021-07-20, 23:43   Link #286
AnimeFan188

OK, what's that ragged-looking mannequin entity at the top of the picture near Veldora?

https://images2.imgbox.com/c7/07/egoOM92L_o.png

Also visible in this picture:

https://images2.imgbox.com/32/8c/38jMuTPo_o.png

====================

EDIT ---> Never mind, I found out:

https://tensura.fandom.com/wiki/Beretta

Last edited by AnimeFan188; 2021-07-20 at 23:57.
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-21, 08:22   Link #287
Tuor

^ That's probably Beretta. A chaos doll made by Rimuru after he destroyed Ramiris's previous guardian. Which, as noted, means he's always around her.

Edit: I need to learn to read other people's edits. :P
Tuor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-22, 10:59   Link #288
Xiyon

Feel kinda bad for Ramiris. She just kinda disappeared for the whole episode.

Gobta sleeping pretty much sums up how I felt for the past 3 episodes. I get important matters are being discussed and world-building is happening, but I just wanna see Team Tempest finally blast thru Clayman and his machinations.
Xiyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-25, 15:12   Link #289
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
I consigned myself quite a while ago to the fact that this show was just someone wanting to play Civilization on super easy. None of the actual politics or threats has any real tension. So I try not to think to much about it. The show almost had me when it killed off all those Tempest citizens Shion included, but nope, it was just a way to set up Rimiru having a "necessary" reason for massacring 20K people and evolving into a demon lord without having to feel to guilty about it. And he gets to set up a puppet government in Falmouth now, the only Kingdom that's so far been antagonistic towards them.
Old 2021-07-25, 16:01   Link #290
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
I consigned myself quite a while ago to the fact that this show was just someone wanting to play Civilization on super easy. None of the actual politics or threats has any real tension. So I try not to think to much about it. The show almost had me when it killed off all those Tempest citizens Shion included, but nope, it was just a way to set up Rimiru having a "necessary" reason for massacring 20K people and evolving into a demon lord without having to feel to guilty about it. And he gets to set up a puppet government in Falmouth now, the only Kingdom that's so far been antagonistic towards them.
It always amounts to Sasuga Rimuru-sama .
Old 2021-07-25, 18:03   Link #291
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
I was honestly quite baffled the others supported his plan of provoking a civil war (which means civilian casualties this time) and setting up a puppet king.
Old 2021-07-25, 19:32   Link #292
Frontier

Quote:
I was honestly quite baffled the others supported his plan of provoking a civil war (which means civilian casualties this time) and setting up a puppet king.
Everyone's really chill about the cover-up of the people he had to kill to be a Demon Lord, and Rimuru is pretty chill about it too, so I guess it's not that surprising to me. I guess as long as it doesn't bother them...
Old 2021-07-25, 22:02   Link #293
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Everyone's really chill about the cover-up of the people he had to kill to be a Demon Lord, and Rimuru is pretty chill about it too, so I guess it's not that surprising to me. I guess as long as it doesn't bother them...
All these visotrs were about to join the battle. They already anticipated casualties. Then, they learned the war was over already. Rimuru decided an eye for an eye. After becoming maou, he had a slim chance to revive Shion, and the great sage was successful.

It is better for them not to do anything, such as cover up, since Rimuru already aware Yuki is behind the conflicts. Rimuru cannot avoid conflicts. He is a bit disappointed that he will fight Hinata, since her face is his type. Diablo volunteers to fight Hinata in his place, but Rimuru declines.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-27, 10:31   Link #294
Frontier

I totally forgot Ayako Kawasumi was in this show as the golem Rimuru gave Ramiris .

So Ramiris has now joined Veldora as a manga otaku, getting really into romance manga and talking like she's a "great detective" and randomly mentioning her grandma. I guess we can call her a pixie Demon Lord of culture now .

Ramiris finally tells Rimuru about Walpurgis and the gathering of the Demon Lords to decide what to do about Tempest, although now that Rimuru is a Demon Lord himself, maybe he can just crash the party? Although one way or another, he'll take Clayman out .

When Rimuru has the ability to get away with it, why wouldn't he bathe with the beauties instead of the burly men? Although I guess he can get some more politicking done .

Everyone looked great in those kimono's! Especially Veldora with the dragon print .

Ramiris enjoys being doted on by the Dryads and decides to stay in Tempest. If Treyni has enough time to run a bar, she can probably spend some time with Ramiris .

What happened during that interrogation? Did Shion use her food as some kind of eldritch abomination to get them to talk? Why were Youm and Mjurran so bashful about it when it looked so horrifying .

Poor Diablo getting written off to Youm's team to fulfill the Falmuth occupation. He just got there and he's already set to leave. Although I guess now Shion doesn't have to worry about someone competent stealing her role as secretary when she can't even get the names right of the people she was interrogating .

So Clayman is playing to ravage the refugees left in Eurzania to become a true Demon Lord...even though Raphael indicates that plan won't even work. What a crock, and it gives Rimuru even more reason to stop him .
Old 2021-07-27, 11:16   Link #295
andy

Quote:

This sort of stuff happen all the time in our world and in history .
It's a good deal for them , since they can control a country and there a lot of benefits with that .
Civil deaths in another country is mostly a small concern when it comes to this stuff for leaders of other countries .
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-27, 13:47   Link #296
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

I really really hope something finally happens next episode, there's only so much diplomatic meetings I can take.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-27, 17:18   Link #297
Magewolf

So Clayman outsmarted them by actually doing something instead of just setting around having meetings? The cheater!
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-27, 18:00   Link #298
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The slimy Slime lied to me! He said the meeting was finally over last week!

At least this one had some funny stuff, namely Mjullan and Youm inadvertently bullying Shion because they were forced to correct the numerous mistakes in her report. She was on the verge of tears at the end, and only cheered up after becoming the only secretary again after Diablo was appointed as Youm's babysitter. She probably thought she was going to get fired
Old 2021-07-27, 21:11   Link #299
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

And even more talking but at less Rimuru knows how to threaten spoilers to get Ramiris to talk
Old 2021-07-27, 21:40   Link #300
Wandering Soul

I guess Clayman got just as tired of the diplomatic meetings as the rest of us and decided to do something to push the plot forward