AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2006-08-16, 10:04   Link #1
majin_vegeta

Chad

Am I the only person tired of seeing Ichigo look at Chad as if he is completely useless. I mean I know he doesn't have shinigami powers, but he does have some power. I don't know, but does anyone else think it would be cool if Chad started learning hodou?
Old 2006-08-16, 11:09   Link #2
hdx514
馬甲

the cast can't all level up like the protagonist and the bad guys so of course since we're this late into bleach, a lot of people have become useless in battles. nonetheless, you can't always judge the importance of a character based on his/her fighting prowess, then again that doesn't apply to chad. so that's why in the manga he's been @#$%^&* oops, almost forgot that WMD is watching
hdx514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 12:10   Link #3
ShadowClone
Genin Featherweight

Send a message via ICQ to ShadowClone Send a message via Yahoo to ShadowClone
Who knows? Maybe KT is building him up to be something. We were left "hanging" when Urahara was describing Chad's power as similar to...

...and that's all we know so far!
ShadowClone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 12:25   Link #4
majin_vegeta

Well, i have read the manga and I know they never really said what happened to him. But, I mean come on, look at who he was doing his stuff with. Uruhara didn't seem like he really cared to much.
Old 2006-08-22, 18:43   Link #5
Kamiru

Send a message via MSN to Kamiru
Hmm...I don't think he's entirely useless. As Shadow said, Kubo's one smart cookie and he doesn't do anything without having a reason to - and Chad having his power's awoken like Orihime just can't be more than a coincidence to give him more manga space!
Kamiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 18:55   Link #6
yuchan

I'm definitely tired of Chad being useless. If he hadn't been in the SS, it wouldn't have changed a thing, seeing as he was alone and didn't beat up any Vice Captains or Captains. Orihime saved Ishida and becames friends with the 11th division so even she was more useful. I love chad and want him to kick more ass. Don't screw up like you did last time kubo!
yuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 19:01   Link #7
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Yeah, Chad needs some serious spotlight time which should hopefully happen during the upcoming chaps.

Though I have to admit that it's going to be hard to do something for him that's different from other weapon arm characters like Kazuma from Scryed and Allen from D.Gray-man.
Old 2006-08-23, 15:22   Link #8
Rich
AnimeSuki's Hentai-sama

Send a message via ICQ to Rich Send a message via MSN to Rich
Chad will eventually be a significant character or why would he be in bleach? like one of the main characters....? ^ ^

Also known as a03
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-23, 19:54   Link #9
fizzmaister
The Tall One

Chad happens to be a big almost. He almost beat the flower captain and he almost beat old fart bounto. However, he managed to amaze flowe captain with his strength, he actually said something about how bad it would have been had Chad hit. Also, the only reason he didn't beat gramps bounto is because he didn't want to hurt Uruyu or whatever she's called.
Old 2006-08-23, 20:10   Link #10
rman0099
On my nut

I like Chad as a character, but I think they need to expand his powers. Why should he be limited to just his right arm? I think eventually he will (or should) be able to spread/awaken his "armor" on his other arm and even the rest of his body to increase speed, defense, and power!!
Homer: Batman's a scientist?!
rman0099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-24, 02:21   Link #11
NaNash|

Speculations(pure speculation):

I always thought that Chad's power is similar with the Hollows.
Old 2006-08-24, 15:15   Link #12
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzmaister
Chad happens to be a big almost. He almost beat the flower captain and he almost beat old fart bounto. However, he managed to amaze flowe captain with his strength, he actually said something about how bad it would have been had Chad hit. Also, the only reason he didn't beat gramps bounto is because he didn't want to hurt Uruyu or whatever she's called.
Actually, no. With the flower captain, as you refer to him, he only commented really in a fashion of that in surprise or that this attack could have hurt him; not outloud completely defeat him. That would be like saying that an infighter almost won a boxing match with an outboxer that wouldn't simply just be knocked with just one punch. On this old fart, I have a feeling that you are refering to a filler, which I haven't watched since I don't watch the Bleach anime much at all.
Old 2006-08-25, 18:37   Link #13
Maladjusted

Yep it's part of the anime only bount arc.
Maladjusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-25, 18:51   Link #14
Seska

Sorry, if i dont read all posts here.

Spoiler:

Mfg,
Seska
Seska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-25, 19:13   Link #15
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maladjusted
Yep it's part of the anime only bount arc.
Thought so.
Old 2006-08-27, 10:21   Link #16
Kurapica

Chad needs speed. He's got power (enough to make a Captain wary). I hope he has improved in that area. He should at least be around Ichigo's speedlevel when he first gained Shinigami powers and subsequently trained with Urahara.
Kurapica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-27, 11:07   Link #17
Nuu
Teh Sauce

Ok as i see it even if Chad was training with Urahara for help it wont really matter to how strong he gets on earth for some reason i get this feeling that he is gunna have a massive power up once they get to Hueco Mundo because i believe that is his powers are more hollowesk than anyone else except Ichigo with the mask on who i believe will be able to use it for more then 11 sec once hes there
Old 2006-08-27, 18:54   Link #18
fizzmaister
The Tall One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuu
Ok as i see it even if Chad was training with Urahara for help it wont really matter to how strong he gets on earth for some reason i get this feeling that he is gunna have a massive power up once they get to Hueco Mundo because i believe that is his powers are more hollowesk than anyone else except Ichigo with the mask on who i believe will be able to use it for more then 11 sec once hes there
actually Ichigo doesn't use the mask for those short periods of time, that is how long it takes for him to overpower HIchigo and take control of his body. He will most likely have a harder time overpowering HIchigo in Hueco Mundo because he will have more hollow power.

In short, I agree with you, but for different reasons.
Old 2006-09-03, 14:51   Link #19
Spawnblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by majin_vegeta
Am I the only person tired of seeing Ichigo look at Chad as if he is completely useless. I mean I know he doesn't have shinigami powers, but he does have some power. I don't know, but does anyone else think it would be cool if Chad started learning hodou?
I don't ever recall Ichigo looking at Chad as if he was useless, at least not in the manga storyline, or pre-bount arc.

Ichigo said something along the lines of: "If there's anyone I'd trust my life to, it would be him."

And he saw Chad as the most powerful and dependable in the group. Just as Chad sees Ichigo as someone he can rely on.

If you're taking your information from the Bount-arc, I suggest you refocus your source.
Spawnblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-03, 22:39   Link #20
blueinkalchemist
The Blue Ink Alchemist

Send a message via Yahoo to blueinkalchemist
Spoiler:

"The pen is the tongue of the mind." ~ Horace
blueinkalchemist is offline   Reply With Quote