AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-01-08, 12:54   Link #1
sopel
Rei Ayanami

Send a message via ICQ to sopel Send a message via MSN to sopel
Serial Experiments Lain good?

I dont know how old this anime is but I seen various things (gfx, pics, etc.) of it over the net over the years. [KAA] has it for download but its almost 3gigs, is it worth the download???

Responses are greatly appreciated
Old 2004-01-08, 12:56   Link #2
Tritium
doaho...

i hated it... it was way too complicated for me and isn't lain licensed?!
Old 2004-01-08, 13:01   Link #3
sopel
Rei Ayanami

Send a message via ICQ to sopel Send a message via MSN to sopel
O crap it is licensed I just checked it out on Amazon, its licensed by Pioneer, 4 piece dvd set. Ok let me restate my question^^, is it worth buying it on Dvd *cough*cough*
Old 2004-01-08, 13:23   Link #4
u&t

The good stuff (interesting story and characters, nice character designs and quite original animation allover plus a heavy philosophical/religious undertone) balance out the bad stuff (slow pacing and sometimes confusing story).

Overall I would say it's ok. If you're the kind of person that gives extra points for originality its a good show. If you easily get bored Lain is not a good investment.
Old 2004-01-08, 13:46   Link #5
Lambda

Not sure I trust myself to answer that one in a fair manner. OK, it's probably best to describe it. Lain is an anime with a story which is extremely complex and open to interpretation, a patient style utilising a somewhat abstract set of images and sounds deployed for maximum psychological effect, and a strong focus on its central character. It doesn't have any action or humour. If that sounds the least bit appealing to you, then it's a must-see, because it does all that brilliantly.
Closed Thread