AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-08-10, 23:42   Link #1
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

PC & PS2 - Looking for some titles.

So, I've drug myself back here into the Suki cage for yet another question for 'ye almighty gamers. You would know best, surely, right? Well, I've found myself in the middle of a boredom patch. A boredom patch that has been doctor prescribed as IN MAJOR NEED OF GAMING. Problem is, I've fallen out of that rut and no longer have knowledge in that specific area. Here's where you come into play.

WHAT HAVE I BEEN MISSING?

All I have is PS2, which I'm pretty happy with - but all you nextgen folk are probably on the 360 bandwagon. And as much as I want to play Dead Rising, I don't feel like forking out 350$.

Yeah. Okay. I need suggestions. I'm going shopping tomorrow and have been looking for some games. The new ones and pre-orders aren't really my thing with their 60$ price-tags... but, rentals are always an option. I'm gearing toward Used games, or older, unwanted, low priced games.

Fitting in that with my general lack of interest in most games, makes it pretty impossible to find anything. Suggestions were the only answer.

My taste is pretty... well, I can't say different, or standard. I'm not into sports games, or tactic games.

The games I enjoy are anything in the Final Fantasy series. Devil May Cry 3. Silent Hill 3. I hated 4. Harvest Moon, ps1's back to nature. The PS2 one was apparently terrible, and I avoided it.

I've been wanted to grab FF12 and Ceberes, but the price-tags and lack of availibility for 2342359523 months makes that impossible. I've also been interested in grabbing Resident Evil 4, but haven't played any of the others.

If I do grab it, will it makes sense? Will I find it too difficult?

And I also have a DDR mat, and DDR gamage is needed for it to work. Since it didn't work with a Stepmania adapter. Boo, Madcats! Are there any cheap versions out there? Boom Boom Dollar, Mr. Wonderful, and Butterfly are the songs I like the most. Any game feature all of these?

Thanks for the responses.
Old 2006-08-10, 23:58   Link #2
Kirouni

Star Ocean 'Till the End of time. I lover the story line, and it's long enough to keep you playing for a while. 2 disks long.

Jak II and Jak 3, quite a bit weaker than Devil May Cry, but I thought they were awesome platformers that can give you a pretty good laugh. And if you decide to, it's also like a very low scale version of GTA all in one.

That's all I can think of at the moment, hope it helps
Old 2006-08-11, 07:51   Link #3
EdenB
Overlord

Grandia (the original): Actually for PS1, but it'll work on a PS2 unless you've modified it. Good storyline, good characters, really old graphics though but still better than Grandia II and III. It's a 2-disc RPG.

Kingdom Hearts (PS2) if you've not played it yet. Despite all the Disney characters it's yet another really good RPG. Kingdom Hearts 2 is also out.

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines (PC) A fairly cheap and old PC game, but it's pretty interesting and decent graphics. It's an 18 here in the UK due to violence and sex references. You get to build up the character yourself by choosing where stats go and what skills to level. You also get to choose from loads of Vampire types and whether you're male or female in game. Lots of hidden quests and choosing what to say and do.
Old 2006-08-11, 09:53   Link #4
mit7059

well if you want to play a MMORPG and want to fail all your classes you should look into the ever popular World of Warcraft. If you feel like a first person shooter I would go with Counter Strike: Source, you can get it for like $20 and its my favorite game. Great graphics ang gameplay. Oh and im going out to buy Dead Rising today.

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
Old 2006-08-11, 14:16   Link #5
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

PS2 games
DMC1 or 3
RE4(I would recmmond Cube Version)
ZOE2
FFX/X2
Tales of Spymhonia
Beyond Good and Evil

PC
Obivlion
Guild Wars
Half Life 2
Old 2006-08-21, 21:53   Link #6
Bandersnatch
Gantz Survivor

Send a message via AIM to Bandersnatch
Grab RE4, since you've been through the Silent Hills you should have no problems with it. You don't need to know anything about the series to enjoy it. If your looking for a game as freaky as the Silent Hills then Resident Evil 4 is definately not it though. I can't believe they even refer to it as survival horror still. As an action adventure game its really good .

Other cheaper games
Xenosaga
Star Ocean Till the End of Time
Burnout 3 Takedown
Metal Gear Solid 3

Shun me, for I am frumious!
Closed Thread