AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2003-11-08, 05:33   Link #1
Empress_Raven
Inactive Member

Question Problem Connecting

Whenever I go to a site and try to download a file, it doesn't work. I have already read the helps and FAQs posted in these forums and on the other pages provided, and they have not been any help.
At the site http://www.animesuki.com/ I first downloaded bttorrent-3.3, and installed it. No problems on that front. Then I searched for a file that I wanted to download. I got to the point where I arrived at the different sites Anime-Kraze Keep & ANBU Ishin & Solar Popgo and then clicked on a file link. When I do this directly, sometimes nothing happens. When my browser goes through and I save the first part of the file. That works sometimes, and I can do that.
My real problem is occurring when I go into the folder where the first part is and try to finish downloading. It acts like it will, but then in the area of time to completion it wont show a connection. Then I get the error reading Problem Connecting to Tracker HTTP Error-1:
Then the download just stops, and nothing else happens.
I am using a system with a Windows XP setup, and a LAN line internet connection with internet explorer.
Can u tell me what I am doing wrong, or what I can do to fix the problem?
I will be appreciative of all the help that anyone can give me.
Empress_Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-08, 06:19   Link #2
Rama
seen Beautiful Life yet?

So you can download a file to the point of ~99% and then the download stops?
Did you look if the file had enough seeds? If so is there enough space left on your
hard disk?
Rama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-08, 07:09   Link #3
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Sounds like you haven't even started the download yet, which may be a problem with your setup. Maybe a firewall or suchlike.

Things to try. Please read the thread made by Flash_Squirrel first
BitTorrent Step-By-Step

Using that as a guide, report back here where things go wrong (tell us at what step and any errors, currently I would say it stops between step 2 and 3).
Also, it would help if you gave the URL of the actual torrent you are trying.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-08, 07:49   Link #4
Rama
seen Beautiful Life yet?

Now I understand, thanks xris
The download doesn't actually start, the program only prepares it.
After that it wants to connect to the network but fails..
If you're using BitTorrent behind a network (which is probably firewalled)
you need a special setup to download.
Rama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-08, 09:21   Link #5
Flash_Squirrel
F&C Fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to Flash_Squirrel Send a message via AIM to Flash_Squirrel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress_Raven
[...]and then clicked on a file link. When I do this directly, sometimes nothing happens.[...]
My real problem is occurring when I go into the folder where the first part is and try to finish downloading. <-- ((With this I think she(he?) mean that she(he?) downloaded only the torrent file (.torrent) and she(he?) is trying to complete the download with BT with just the .torrent))
[...]Problem Connecting to Tracker HTTP Error-1:
[...]
First, install the EXP bittorrent client 3.2.1b by Eike, since the Bt 3.3 is still a little buggy (imho)
Try to test different files, since Scarywater is having connection issues at the moment. The animesuki's torrents works good with this kind of test.
The Problem Connecting to Tracker (10060? 10061?) is a common error with BT, and it means that the tracker cant be loaded because of some connection issues (inexistent tracker, removed tracker, slow site, IP banned from a site, blocked site, inexistent site, the site is actually down, etc..)
As I said, try the torrents in the animesuki torrent page for a test, and phone your ISP for informations about your connection status.