AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-09-07, 09:13   Link #61
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Har har to the dumbfuck who rated me for a post that was over a month old.

I wonder if the death threats like back in the day will start up again because the "die-hards" won't like what they're doing with it. :/
__________________
「では、人間は、何故、戦うのか?
戦うことに存在意義があるのかもしれない。
戦っている人間には充実感がある。
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And itís also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-07, 10:25   Link #62
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 23
EDIT// Wrong post.
Quajafrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-07, 21:09   Link #63
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Ithaca, NY, USA // Taichung, Taiwan
Age: 28
Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
You know what this reminds me of? Tomino Yoshiyuki and Zeta Gundam.
As we all know, when Tomino made Zeta 20 years ago, he was very depressed depressed.
So in the ending of the Zeta Gundam
Spoiler:


But 20 years later, when he remade Zeta Gundam into movie trilogy,
Spoiler:



I hope there's something similar in the works here.
The reason why I never liked Eva that much was the ending annoyed me too much.
I hope these new movies will be something like Angelic Days, or even RE-TAKE
W-General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-07, 23:03   Link #64
SuperAsuradaGundam
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Philadelphia, Pa
Send a message via AIM to SuperAsuradaGundam
I have no freakin idea what the heck would be happening in this movie quadrilogy.

BTW, ANN has some more info about the movies from the mag article:

Movie 1: Prequal
Movie 2: Mid series
Movie 3: Sequal
Movie 4: Final

In terms of the tv series
__________________
In life, there are those who take things too seriously and bust on everything and those who just relax and enjoy it for what it is.
SuperAsuradaGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-08, 00:47   Link #65
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by W-General
You know what this reminds me of? Tomino Yoshiyuki and Zeta Gundam.
As we all know, when Tomino made Zeta 20 years ago, he was very depressed depressed.
So in the ending of the Zeta Gundam
Spoiler:


But 20 years later, when he remade Zeta Gundam into movie trilogy,
Spoiler:



I hope there's something similar in the works here.
The reason why I never liked Eva that much was the ending annoyed me too much.
I hope these new movies will be something like Angelic Days, or even RE-TAKE
- The approach will be different than what Tomino-san did with the Gundam Z New Translation films, there will apparantly be a large amount of new material.
Quajafrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-08, 01:26   Link #66
arias
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
I'm intrigued.

I will be waiting to see what Anno and co. can dish out... I just just just just realized that the character designer for EVA also did the characters for Chrono Cross. Now that is extremely suprising, because the art styles are so different. I would never have guessed.

Excited. Waiting for this.
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-08, 07:55   Link #67
wao
OK.
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The Fields of High Attus
Age: 25
I thought the character designer of Chrono Cross was Nobuteru Yuki (Escaflowne, Paradise Kiss), not Yoshiyuki Sadamoto (FLCL, Nadia, Tokikake)?
__________________
Thanks for the fish
wao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-08, 08:57   Link #68
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Merines
Wow, I guess I was completely wrong. After 10 years, I wonder if Anno's still got it? I just hope Gainax has figured out how to budget their money so the animation quality doesn't go down the tubes in the end.
Just a piece of ancient history; Anno didn't over spent, Gainax got their budget cut mid series from sponsors as punishment for not informing the censors about the off-screen sound-only sex scene.

I am surprised at how many people who still didn't know this fact... Japanese censors of anime became twitchy ever since, and yet so few people seem to be aware of it.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-08, 11:01   Link #69
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Ithaca, NY, USA // Taichung, Taiwan
Age: 28
Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
I understand that the approach is different, as in, the Zeta movie was a compilation with new updated arts and a few modified parts, where-as the New Eva movies will be totally new, something un-seen before, with all new footage and story etc., i.e. not End of Eva (I hope)

Last edited by W-General; 2006-09-08 at 11:25.
W-General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-08, 12:44   Link #70
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
Sadomoto-Sama is the overlooked genius of EVA. The man is a God - one of the best ever at what he does.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-08, 12:45   Link #71
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Way to overlook the supporting writers there skippy.
__________________
「では、人間は、何故、戦うのか?
戦うことに存在意義があるのかもしれない。
戦っている人間には充実感がある。
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And itís also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-08, 12:55   Link #72
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
Who's overlooking anybody? I'm merely pointing out that Sadomoto was indispensible to EVA's success, as much as Anno. And coming from a self-professed EVA-hater, your comment sounds even more pointless...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-08, 13:49   Link #73
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: San Francisco, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
Just a piece of ancient history; Anno didn't over spent, Gainax got their budget cut mid series from sponsors as punishment for not informing the censors about the off-screen sound-only sex scene.
Do you mean this?
Spoiler for strange things:
I would have been shocked myself, but I was too busy laughing.
__________________
Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-08, 13:59   Link #74
arias
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
I thought the character designer of Chrono Cross was Nobuteru Yuki (Escaflowne, Paradise Kiss), not Yoshiyuki Sadamoto (FLCL, Nadia, Tokikake)?
I have no idea; I only saw his resume through Animenewsnetwork.com


Did they get it wrong? : p
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-08, 14:03   Link #75
arias
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
Just a piece of ancient history; Anno didn't over spent, Gainax got their budget cut mid series from sponsors as punishment for not informing the censors about the off-screen sound-only sex scene.

I am surprised at how many people who still didn't know this fact... Japanese censors of anime became twitchy ever since, and yet so few people seem to be aware of it.
Wow.. I wasn't aware of that.

Actually, if you watch really closely, there's another sex scene.. I think. I'm pretty sure I'm remembering this right. This is right before the scene where Kato carries Misato on his back.. there's a scene showing a train passing by on top and a tunnel-like thing underneath.

Turn up the volume. They're having sex underneath it.
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-08, 17:27   Link #76
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
ICv2 says that the movies are a "remake"..."more comprehensible to the ordinary viewers.".
__________________
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-08, 19:12   Link #77
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by arias
Wow.. I wasn't aware of that.

Actually, if you watch really closely, there's another sex scene.. I think. I'm pretty sure I'm remembering this right. This is right before the scene where Kato carries Misato on his back.. there's a scene showing a train passing by on top and a tunnel-like thing underneath.

Turn up the volume. They're having sex underneath it.
Nope. Misato was just vomiting from drinking so much.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-08, 19:13   Link #78
arias
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
Nope. Misato was just vomiting from drinking so much.
Really? I guess I must be watching too much deviant porn... ; )

Thanks for the correction though.
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-08, 19:23   Link #79
the.Merines
Seeker of Power
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: ΔHidden Forbidden Holy Ground
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion
ICv2 says that the movies are a "remake"..."more comprehensible to the ordinary viewers.".
At this point, with the small amount of information we have available, I tend to agree with this. I think they will concentrate more on the human relationships rather than mixing it about 1/2 with the battles (a la RahXephon, which in most cases the fights were short and relatively minor plot points). Though I am worried about them "dumbing" it down to make it more universally appealing.

They did say prequel, mid-series, ending, and sequel movies, right? I'm most interested to learn more about who Ikari Yui was... I mean, she's pretty much a mystery. And the sequel of course, depending on which ending they choose.
__________________
I am bound to pay the debt I owe.
the.Merines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-08, 20:00   Link #80
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Merines
At this point, with the small amount of information we have available, I tend to agree with this. I think they will concentrate more on the human relationships rather than mixing it about 1/2 with the battles (a la RahXephon, which in most cases the fights were short and relatively minor plot points). Though I am worried about them "dumbing" it down to make it more universally appealing.

They did say prequel, mid-series, ending, and sequel movies, right? I'm most interested to learn more about who Ikari Yui was... I mean, she's pretty much a mystery. And the sequel of course, depending on which ending they choose.
Don't Eva already have a sequel?

His and Her Circumstance.

The mother look exactly like how a older Asuka would look. The father could use some work but He could Shinji.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
movie, remake

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.