AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-09-12, 17:35   Link #1
minuteman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
[manga]Orochimaru and Akatsuki

why dose he wish to take them down?
minuteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-12, 17:42   Link #2
astayanax
Conspiracy Theorist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
He didn't at first. All he wanted at the start was Itachi for some reason, but seeing now that Akatsuki wants him dead he probably figured he might as well take them out.
__________________
Your signature was deleted by a mod because it exceeded the size limit as was requested in our forum rules. Please take a look at it.
astayanax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-12, 17:44   Link #3
minuteman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
why do they want him dead for leaving the group?
minuteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-12, 17:51   Link #4
astayanax
Conspiracy Theorist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
It was never stated although I suspect it has to do with one of these 2 things:

- Orochimaru has the 10th Akatsuki ring and chances are this ring is extremely important to Akatsuki's final goals. I believe each Akatsuki ring is worn on a different finger/thumb.

- Orochimaru knows (or should know) all of Akatsuki secrets, and for whatever reason he may use it against them.
__________________
Your signature was deleted by a mod because it exceeded the size limit as was requested in our forum rules. Please take a look at it.
astayanax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-12, 18:01   Link #5
minuteman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
thank you it has been bothering me.
minuteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-12, 18:01   Link #6
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
ya, the reason why atasuki would want Orochimaru dead are pretty clear, it's only a question of is it for just the ring or also the secrets... i'd imagine it would be only for the ring cause Oro has been gone long enough to pass on all of akatsuki's secrets had he wanted to... even though he hasn't been doing that, akatsuki should see it as highly probably a realize it's kinda pointless to silence him...

However, it the only reason is for the ring, then we ask many questions about Oro... I mean, Oro can't be against Akatsuki just out of self-defence... if that were the case he would just give back the ring and be done with it... kinda gotta ask why Oro kept hold of his ring then... does he have plans for it? does he have a reason to get in akatsuki's way? is he just being a jerk?

good question though, no actual answer that i'm aware of
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-12, 18:30   Link #7
s-class uchiha
Naruto = Painful
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by astayanax
He didn't at first. All he wanted at the start was Itachi for some reason, but seeing now that Akatsuki wants him dead he probably figured he might as well take them out.

I don't think that Orochimaru wanted to join Akatsuki b/c of Itachi (if that's what you're saying). The only thing that was stated was he left Akatsuki b/c of (he most likely failed to get his body) Itachi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerx
ya, the reason why atasuki would want Orochimaru dead are pretty clear, it's only a question of is it for just the ring or also the secrets... i'd imagine it would be only for the ring cause Oro has been gone long enough to pass on all of akatsuki's secrets had he wanted to... even though he hasn't been doing that, akatsuki should see it as highly probably a realize it's kinda pointless to silence him...

However, it the only reason is for the ring, then we ask many questions about Oro... I mean, Oro can't be against Akatsuki just out of self-defence... if that were the case he would just give back the ring and be done with it... kinda gotta ask why Oro kept hold of his ring then... does he have plans for it? does he have a reason to get in akatsuki's way? is he just being a jerk?

good question though, no actual answer that i'm aware of
Yea, I agree not to mention the fact backing out on 9 very powerful and evil dudes is probably not going to go well for you. Reading back the issues where naruto fights Orochimaru on the bridge, Kabuto says that Sasori never liked him and just wanted to kill him hahaha. Prb cuz Oro was like "Dude you did what to your body? Idiot..." and laughing at him.

I like the ring theory and I am inclined to agree, but i wish someone would just come out and say it. Other curious things are

1) Do they care a lot about Orochimaru having the Sharingan? If so, I'm sure Zetsu would've stepped in and killed Sasuke and Naruto? But they seem to not worry about it.

2) How big a threat is Orochimaru to them? And as long as they leave him alone would Oro not care about them either?

3) Is there something Akatsuki can or cannot do w/ Orochimaru?
s-class uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-12, 18:48   Link #8
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by s-class uchiha
1) Do they care a lot about Orochimaru having the Sharingan? If so, I'm sure Zetsu would've stepped in and killed Sasuke and Naruto? But they seem to not worry about it.
I'd imagine they are a bit worried to some extent, afterall, him having the sharigan would make him harder to kill

Why they wouldn't kill sasuke... Well, keep in mind that Itachi didn't kill sasuke himself for a reason... not sure why, i kinda assume that he wants to kill sasuke himself when he's worth killing, that or he wants sasuke to become strong and join him, no one really knows exactly... he probably used some leverage as a member to keep them from targeting sasuke... atleast before Orochimaru took him... and after he was in the hands of Oro, he became as hard to find and kill as Oro...

Quote:
2) How big a threat is Orochimaru to them? And as long as they leave him alone would Oro not care about them either?

3) Is there something Akatsuki can or cannot do w/ Orochimaru?
It's not so much Oro but probably just the ring... if oro's in the way of atasuki's plans then its probably because he has the last ring, the rings of which seem very important to their final plan... i mean, if the rings weren't significant then why would Oro keep his (a momento?) and why can't akatsuki have a tenth member...
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-12, 21:42   Link #9
Ichimaru
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
His the last one to act as he want naruto n co. to take a few out for him first......
Ichimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-12, 21:58   Link #10
s-class uchiha
Naruto = Painful
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx
I'd imagine they are a bit worried to some extent, afterall, him having the sharigan would make him harder to kill

Why they wouldn't kill sasuke... Well, keep in mind that Itachi didn't kill sasuke himself for a reason... not sure why, i kinda assume that he wants to kill sasuke himself when he's worth killing, that or he wants sasuke to become strong and join him, no one really knows exactly... he probably used some leverage as a member to keep them from targeting sasuke... atleast before Orochimaru took him... and after he was in the hands of Oro, he became as hard to find and kill as Oro...
Good point. You could say Zetsu wouldn't care much for Itachi being pissed off at him and Tsukiyoming him every chance he got.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx
It's not so much Oro but probably just the ring... if oro's in the way of atasuki's plans then its probably because he has the last ring, the rings of which seem very important to their final plan... i mean, if the rings weren't significant then why would Oro keep his (a momento?) and why can't akatsuki have a tenth member...
I wonder why Oro wants it so bad? To foil their plans so they don't come kill him? Or to just foil their plans? I wonder what place those rings have... I do remember Tobi playing w/ Sasori's also.
s-class uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-12, 22:24   Link #11
Rachy
Disabled By Request
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: sasuke's lap
Maybe Zetsu was making sure Sasuke got to Oro.

I mean his talk in chapter 314 wasn't exactly screaming loyalty.
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-12, 22:49   Link #12
Sazelyt
F i n
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by minuteman
why do (does) they (he) wish to take him (them) down?
Basically, their goals conflict with each other. How the goals conflict is mostly assumption.

Akatsuki must have wanted Oro dead even before he obtained Sharingan. Possible reasons are the ring Oro carries, Oro knowing a way to stop whatever Akatsuki plans to do at the end (for instance, knowing the vulnerability of the jutsu they are planning to use at the end, or Oro being the key element to use at the end), Oro knowing the real identity of the Akatsuki leader (why not?), Oro also having a certain interest in one of the demons Akatsuki wants to obtain, Oro having at least one of the demons in his possession, etc.

Currently, Oro wants the Akatsuki out of his way mainly because of his promise to Sasuke. Before that, if he had wanted Akatsuki dead, one of the reasons might be because he is wanted dead by Akatsuki, hence more like defending.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-13, 04:43   Link #13
Yellow Flash
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss rave
Maybe Zetsu was making sure Sasuke got to Oro.

I mean his talk in chapter 314 wasn't exactly screaming loyalty.
I disagree. Zetsu has done just as he was told.
Yellow Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-14, 17:48   Link #14
rasedori
akatsuki member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: akatsuki cave
maybe the only reason oro joined the akatsuki was to get a demon and right when he got it he left
rasedori is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:19.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.