AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Utawarerumono

Notices

Old 2006-09-01, 12:18   Link #141
hitokirigirl
Japanestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
Yup, fully confirmed as a 26-episode show.
Fuck, good stuff are alays short
thanks
Old 2006-09-04, 02:35   Link #142
leaf.
Utawarerumono

The title of Episode 24 is "the guy who go to die"
The title of Episode 25 is "A historical ruin"
The title of Episode 26 is "Utawarerumono"

I just translate them by myself, do not laugh me =口=!
leaf. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 07:09   Link #143
Lost

Thanks leaf., title of episode 26 is interesting. And ominous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaris
- The ending will be so rushed that it will lack any emotional/dramatic comprehension.
Going on the track record of this series so far, I'm thinking this will be most likely.

Last edited by Lost; 2006-09-04 at 07:33.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 07:29   Link #144
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer

I believe they will drop a few things from the storyline in order to cram and process everything from the flashback arc, which is, IMO, the crux of the series' mysteries. However, if they do it so, I think they'll have to pull a Gundam Seed Destiny on us - make the penultimate eps all dialogue then only have the last one action-packed, which would make the contrast so hard it'd be almost painful.

And I'm beginning to agree with Zaris about the final ep. They'd have to drop the epilogue (what happens to every character after the last battle) and end the series on a certain event
Spoiler:
in order to make it in time...
...Unless they decide to increase the last ep's length to 30 mins or suddenly - and painfully - drop news of an OVA on our heads to explain how they're going to circumvent the whole timing issue.

But if they do what I just said above (before the spoiler tag), then I fear we'll end the series on a very sad/bittersweet note (the game does, too, but for other reasons)...or we'll be left hungering after a true conclusion.

And...
...Since the flashback arc shan't be compressed (otherwise we'll understand nothing about the UM universe and Hakuoro's past)...I'm particularly afraid about what shall become of the series' final action parts...which, IMO, should have taken a particular focus from the staff.
Spoiler:

It's like, you know, shooting a movie about WWII but ending it before the true, interesting climax - namely, D-day and the nuclear bombings.

-- Permanently retired from the raw-hunting business --

Last edited by Renegade334; 2006-09-04 at 08:16.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 19:54   Link #145
Zaris
of Porsche

Send a message via AIM to Zaris Send a message via MSN to Zaris Send a message via Yahoo to Zaris
Well, you can find plenty of ways around violent endings. Some of the best movies I've seen don't resolve with killing one another, but mind you, it is the simplest resolution that goes as far back as when man made fire. :O

I wouldn't be surprised if the climax of Utawarerumono occured in either one of the following ways:
Spoiler:

No matter the outcome, I'm sure they'll make it fit...or die trying. :P
Old 2006-09-14, 23:59   Link #146
dxanato

Send a message via ICQ to dxanato Send a message via AIM to dxanato Send a message via Yahoo to dxanato
I was watching again from the start. 2 thing I began to wonder about what race is Benawi and How does Urutori know Karura cause in quite few episode they seem to be pretty friendly toward each other.
Old 2006-09-15, 00:05   Link #147
Flame-X
Anti-fan

Let's hope for the last ep to be an hour long. ^^
Old 2006-09-15, 11:35   Link #148
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaris
Spoiler:
crap having a think about that point and the title of ep 26 "Utawarerumono" or in english "The One Being Sung" (or something remotly similar) is quite possibly that hakuoro will die...its a feeling that makes me think that and seen as the word "sung" is kinda in the past tense hope its not true tho -.-

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 16:43   Link #149
dxanato

Send a message via ICQ to dxanato Send a message via AIM to dxanato Send a message via Yahoo to dxanato
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiac Glycoside
Benawi definitey has non-human ears (they are more like Niwe's).

I am sorry but I am not sure what you mean here.

Last edited by NightWish; 2006-09-16 at 06:02. Reason: Quote mentions fansubs
dxanato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 17:24   Link #150
Furudanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxanato
How does Urutori know Karura cause in quite few episode they seem to be pretty friendly toward each other.
I'll quote something I posted in an earlier episode thread...
Urutorii is a princess from a race of people who serve as diplomats and mediators for the other empires, plus she has been trained as an ambassador and negotiator herself. Given what we learn about Karura in episode 18 - and with more no doubt to be revealed in episode 19 - it is reasonable to assume that Urutorii recognized Karura and knew who she really was.
Since we found out in episode 19 that Karura was originally a princess and also was from a racial group that had almost been wiped out, it makes it even more likely that Urutorii figured out who she was very quickly. It's also quite possible that the two had met before if Urutorii's father had been to Na Tunk while Karura's family still ruled the country.
Now watching: Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka, Allison to Lillia, Clannad - After Story, Daughter of Twenty Faces, Hidamari Sketch x365, Kannagi, Kyouran Kazoku Nikki, Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto ~Natsu no Sora~, Telepathy Girl Ran, To Aru Majutsu no Index, Toradora, Zettai Karen Children
Recently completed: Ghost Hound, Aria: The Origination, Kanokon, Kure-nai, Itazura na Kiss, Special A, Birdy the Mighty Decode, Macross Frontier, Ryouko's Case File, ToLoveRU, Wagaya no Oinari-sama
Furudanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 18:13   Link #151
dxanato

Thank you Furudanuki I guess I didn't take into account Urutorii race and their dealing with other nation. What you say it very logical reason to why they act friendly toward one another.
Old 2006-09-16, 05:32   Link #152
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334
But if they do what I just said above (before the spoiler tag), then I fear we'll end the series on a very sad/bittersweet note (the game does, too, but for other reasons)...or we'll be left hungering after a true conclusion.
I'm starting to think that the reason why they make animes this way is to get people to buy the original game.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-16, 15:56   Link #153
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz
crap having a think about that point and the title of ep 26 "Utawarerumono" or in english "The One Being Sung" (or something remotly similar) is quite possibly that hakuoro will die...its a feeling that makes me think that and seen as the word "sung" is kinda in the past tense hope its not true tho -.-
You're taking the translation of "The One Being Sung" too literally, and that's not even the right translation as the title of the last episode is referring to something else.
Old 2006-09-16, 16:50   Link #154
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
I'm starting to think that the reason why they make animes this way is to get people to buy the original game.
Yeah, but even the game ends with a quite bittersweet tone AND a huge question that's only half-answered. The answer is kinda obvious (with a few, anvil-heavy clues strewn here and there and of course, only one possible explanation to offer) but don't get to see either the confirmation or whatever happens next, which, IMO, should have been an interesting moment. It's like a cliffhanger, but in a way, it's almost as if the game producers said, 'okay, drop the curtain, it's not like you need to see whatever happens next and, anyway, it doesn't matter'.

And, btw, although, yeah, it'd make people curious about the game and go buy it, there's still adult material inside and several themes
Spoiler:
that makes it not suitable for all ages.

-- Permanently retired from the raw-hunting business --
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-18, 16:56   Link #155
SCKnight
Mecha Pilot of the South

Where do I post fanfics?

Umm...Does anyone know where I post Utawarerumono fanfics here?

Also, I have an answer about the tail issue: it depends on the individual. Some men may choose to show it, while others chose not.

Here's another question: will Utawarerumono air on Adult Swim?

Last edited by SCKnight; 2006-09-18 at 19:06.
SCKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-11, 16:05   Link #156
Archuka
A territory most absolute

Hmm, I've tried reading this thread and the Ep 26 discussion thread but I still haven't found answers to a couple questions.

1) The title, Utawarerumono, where does it come from? There was no singing or songs of any significance in the anime.

2) Mutsumi/Kamiyu - Why is Mutsumi within Kamiyu? Why is Mutsumi still alive if she was already alive before the re-sealing of Iceman? What was Kamiyu's water drinking incident about? Is it simply a phase in the lives of the winged females or something (they might have actually explained this in the series but I just can't remember it)?
Archuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-11, 23:44   Link #157
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomX View Post
This response was great XD

I just find it odd that the twins are males ... but they have tails? o__O
Wait, I thought the twins were girls. o_0;; If not, what they did to that one guy was rather...well, f'ed up.

But with all that aside, what puzzled me as a hugely unanswered question is, what exactly happened at the end? The girls were out with that female tiger (gawds, I loved that tiger! I wish I could have hugged that huge kitty. ^_^) and suddenly they see something coming out of the woods and Eruru sees something coming in behind her and suddenly gets uber happy as though that masked guy (sucks that I can't remember his name. Augh!) she was in love with had come to greet her. Anyone have a clue if that's what happened? Or is that just speculation? And is there any talk of a second season? The ending was definately satisfying, but I almost wished for a very happy ending for Eruru. Going around and then having the guy she loved yanked away sucked.
Old 2006-10-12, 07:10   Link #158
roxybudgy
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to roxybudgy Send a message via MSN to roxybudgy Send a message via Yahoo to roxybudgy Send a message via Skype™ to roxybudgy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archuka View Post
1) The title, Utawarerumono, where does it come from? There was no singing or songs of any significance in the anime.
The title refers to Witsuarunemitea, the one who is sung of (in other words, the one who is revered). The Chinese translate the title as "The one being praised".
roxybudgy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-18, 09:56   Link #159
InuyashaFury

I figured I'd post here (have no idea where this would better fit), but does anyone have a clue where to find an audio patch for the PC game (as the PS2 version had audio)?
InuyashaFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-18, 12:23   Link #160
Zaris
of Porsche

Send a message via AIM to Zaris Send a message via MSN to Zaris Send a message via Yahoo to Zaris
I don't think there is such thing that exists for the Utawarerumono PC game...yet. I know that Kanon has an audio patch to its game. But for Utawarerumono? ...Doubtful. I mean, good luck getting Ryoka Yuzuki to V.A. Eruruu in bed, much less the other five women. = o

But hey, who knows?