AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-28, 00:39   Link #1
Kohno

generic suggestion thread

I havn't watched anything other then Muteki Kanban Musume after Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu ended for some reason. I guess I just gave up after watching something that awesome . Although recently I've felt kinda...cold, and twitchy; seems like I need anime afterall. Can anyone suggest any of the more current anime? I have no specific genre of anime that I like however I've enjoyed:

FMA
Suzumiya Haruhi
Fate/stay night
KGNE
Chrno Crusade

..and some others I can't be bothered to remember at the minute.

Thanks in advance.

-Kohno
Old 2006-09-28, 01:07   Link #2
ThoHell

Here's a short 13 episode one that really got my interest, Futakoi Alternative. It started out pretty fast pace but then kinda gets slow, emoish, then fast. Well it's just one of those anime that made me wonder WTF am I watching this? BUT I THINK IT WAS GOOD SO MAYBE CHECK IT OUT!!
Oh no, my signature was 550 pixles wide and 474 KB. That's too big and it has been deleted by a forum mod, guess I didn't read the Forum Rules. If only I had paid attention I wouldn't have to deal with this irritation now.
Old 2006-09-28, 03:26   Link #3
skurai

Lets see, u got a lot to look forward to, Start with

One Piece
Bleach
Naruto
Rorouni Kenshin
Samurai Champloo
Berserk

The First 5 above are even better than or equal to FMA imo..All 6 are masterpieces anyways
Old 2006-09-28, 07:48   Link #4
jayj713

Hunter x Hunter
Great Teacher onizuka
Scrapped Princess
Mai Hime
Full Metal Panic 1/2/Fumoffu
Old 2006-09-28, 08:06   Link #5
LynRee
-

I second the Berserk Scrapped Princess and Samurai Champloo recommendations. For something more recent, try Utawarerumono. Lots of action and battles, some comedy, some romance, a pretty good show IMO.
Old 2006-09-28, 13:48   Link #6
MamoruUsagi

Soem good manga

Fushigi Yugi is a great manga series. it is 18 volumes long and has lots of romance between the main couple. The anime only goes up to volume 13, so read all 18 volumes of the manga.

Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou is a series everyone can enjoy.

Marmalade Boy, 76 episodes and 8 volumes is great.

Kare First Love is a good manga series, it's different from Kare Kano.

Mars is a serious manga series.

Peach Girl is a realistic manga series. Their are 18 volumes. Volume 1-8 are sold as Peach Girl 1-8, volumes 9-18 are sold as Peach Girl Change of Heart 1-10. Make sure you get the right volumes, you might accidentally buy the wrong ones. The manga is great, the aniem waters everything down, changing sex references to kissing.

Stellvia Of The Universe is a good series.
Old 2006-09-30, 11:32   Link #7
miaka

ouran high school host club - romance comedy
innocent venus - sci-fi action
black blood brother - vampire anime
Otogi Jushi Akazukin - action adventure magic and cuteness
zero no tsukaima - school magic action
demonbane tv - mecha action
coyote ragtime show - action
Old 2006-09-30, 22:24   Link #8
Kohno

Ah thanks for the suggestions, any of the more recent ones I should watch?
Old 2006-09-30, 23:22   Link #9
fto
Anime Forever

Erementar Gerad/Elemental Gelade is pretty much a shounen version of fate/stay night. i mean like a girl suddenly pops in front of him, but in this case she becomes a weopon. The story are different but its still very good.. recomended.

something not as sad like KGNE but still with serious romance type is lamune.... i liked it a lot.

also as some of the guys above said. Utawarerumono... so sad yet so good.. i loved it. so far the best anime ive seen. Also see FMP

Shakugan No Shana also is like again in a way similar to Fate/Stay night.. good anime

MAR is a good one if you like action. shounen like FMA

something similar to Suzumiya... AGAIN in a way similar would be NHK ni youkoso.... i havent seen but recomended

Tsubasa Chronicle if you like adventurous anime like FMA.. has action in it too.
Closed Thread