AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-30, 19:10   Link #1
Poemi-chan
Puni Puni Kobayashi

Question cute/funny or amazing action/drama, please??

I got examples! Cute/Funny - Ojamajo Doremi, Azumanga Daioh, Digi Charat, Full Moon wo Sagashite. Amazing action/drama (perhaps some comedy?) - X/1999, Tsubasa Chronicle, Naruto, Kenshin (Please no strange action/romances like "Saishuu Heiki Kanojo" or boring, pointless animes like "To Heart" where nothing really ends up happening - er, am I picky? I'd like to think not. No need to answer that. )
Old 2006-09-30, 19:37   Link #2
jayj713

Cute/Funny:
School Rumble
Ouran High School Host Club

Action/Drama:
Full Metal Panic!
Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid
Scrapped Princess

i think that fits right?
Old 2006-09-30, 20:01   Link #3
MamoruUsagi

There's a couple mangas you would love.

Marmalade Boy is 76 episodes, 8 volumes, it's a really good series.

Ultra Cute is also cute.

Happy Hustle High is a manga you will really like. There's romance, there's action, there's humor, there's drama. The couple get together early on and are boyfriend and girlfriend and dating during the series. It's really cute.

Kare First Love is a drama manga. The couple get together early on in the series.

Kare Kano, a different series from Kare First Love is also cool.

Fushigi Yuugi is a great romance manga. The Fushigi Yugi manga is 18 volumes. The anime only goes up to volume 13. The manga is logner, 18 volumes and is really good and romantic. The couple are boyfriend and girlfriend and dating during the series and get married. There's action, romance and it's really good.

Mars is a drama manga that deals with serious issues, the couple is dating for a long time during the series.

High School Debut is what you're looking for.

The Devil Does Exist is a realistic romance series.

Peach Girl is a realistic manga. The manga is 18 volumes. Volumes 1-8 are sold as Peach Girl 1-8. Volumes 9-18 are sold as Peach Girl Change of Heart 1-10. You may accidentally get the wrong volumes. Makre sure you get the right volumes. The manga is a lot better than the anime, the anime waters everything down, chanegs sex references to kissing.

Bokura ga Ita is a series you'll enjoy.

Ayashi no Ceres (Manga) The manga is good. The anime takes out so much of the storyline. The anime takes out some of volume 1, some of volume 2, some of volume 3, all of volume 6, all of volume 7, a lot of volume 8, almost all of volume 9, almost all of volume 10, a lot of volume 11, etc. The manga is really good. Their are many tasteful sex scenes.

Love Attack is cute and fun.

Paradise Kiss is great.

Last edited by MamoruUsagi; 2008-09-06 at 21:53.
Old 2006-09-30, 20:51   Link #4
fto
Anime Forever

well cant say much of cute/funny but ill give u a list of action/drama

-utawarerumono --- no need to say anything... the best anime ive seen so far. just finished. A little bloody but such a damn good story. 100% MUST SEE

-Scrapped Princess---well very good, i liked. fantasy story and its not SO strange like the example you gave.

-solty Rei--- well since this is a android anime, unlike saishu heiki, this one is much better, but isnt strange so much. very good anime

-fate/stay night--- packed with action, and romance type thing at near end.... very good anime

-Macross 7--- cool music mecha anime... seems boring at first, but get very good later..

-Madlax--- good anime if you want ladies to be main character...

-sousei no aquarion--- ok ill say the truth, this anime is "strange".. its a mecha anime... Sometimes seems freaky, sometimes good,sometimes bad, but i liked it... but to you, yes this is strange ,,,,, probably

-kaze no yojimbo--- dont think much people know this anime, but i personally liked it a lot...a pretty series anime overall but good.

-inukami---perhaps the only anime cute/funny that you didnt say that i know.... So hilarious but good. anime finished but subbing is still ongoing.

-vandread---the only anime that covers so much genre. action, romance,mecha,space,scifi,etc.. it is a mecha anime overall... BUT this does have a very good story with it and i just loved it... you want action/romance.. this is it.

-UFO princess Valkyrie--- actually another cute/sort of funny anime... overall a romance anime but does have action in it.. has lots of episode and may seem strange but its good.

-Zero no tsukaima---fantasy/ action/romance. just finished but i loved it...

-Maburaho--- thinking of cute girls.... this anime has it... its funny and does seem strange since it has to do with magic but i liked it a lot

-Magikano--- maybe a little more strange than maburaho since its also a magic anime... but fits action/romance/drama

-Erementar Gerade/Elemental Gelade--- a shounen anime but packed with action and drama..... very good and i loved it.

-Gunparade March---a action and romance anime... mainly mecha but its good overall..... dont worry about ep 1... no romance in it, but next is good

-Tenchi universe and all other tenchi anime--- it has action/ mainly space ships but i loved it. has romance in it too. and has areas that are drama.. cant say that its entirly drama.

-Kenran butoh Sai--- dont think many knows this anime, its mecha, BUT this time, UNDERWATER mecha battles.... Very good story with romance and drama.. very funny at times too... recommended.

-Zegapain--- as again mecha in this strange world... This anime is strange and dificult to understand unless you see entire series... packed with action and drama though

-Read or die the TV--- well aint gonna say much since i saw it a while back but very good with action and drama

-Juuni Kokuki--- action packed with drama, a more war type action but still very good.... sorry if wrong since i saw this sometime back agian. but it is good. trust me

WEll most of the things i recomended is with mecha since action/drama category really fits with mecha but well not sure if u hate or like mecha anime.
BUT most of these are different from gundam or that so enjoy.
Old 2006-09-30, 20:53   Link #5
fto
Anime Forever

AH sorry for double post but

i know u did say no strange anime which some are..... but if you liked anime like tsubasa chronicle most should be fine.
Old 2006-09-30, 21:42   Link #6
Poemi-chan
Puni Puni Kobayashi

I guess by strange I meant....stuff with girls that are big airheads and do stupid things because of their airheadedness and it's not even funny, just sad. And not too mushy, like Fuushigi Yuugi and the constant "Tamahome!" from Miaka. *shudders*
Old 2006-09-30, 21:55   Link #7
MamoruUsagi

Fushigi Yuugi was a great manga. The manga was a lot better than the anime. Even if you weren't a fan of the anime, you should read the manga. The manga is a lot better. I really liked Tamahome in the manga, he was a really great character.
Old 2006-09-30, 23:06   Link #8
fto
Anime Forever

well if its airhead... vandread might be one, BUT still dont think that would ruin this anime, it is a very good anime with a good story. definetly worth watching
Old 2006-10-01, 14:21   Link #9
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

Pita Ten, Mahoraba, Pita Ten, Mahoraba, Pita Ten, Mahoraba, Pita Ten, Mahoraba,
Pita Ten, Mahoraba, Pita Ten, Mahoraba, Pita Ten, Mahoraba,