AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Higurashi

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-10-14, 12:37   Link #201
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Belgium, Brussels
Age: 28
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Quote:
Originally Posted by imac2much View Post
After playing daybreak more I'm starting to get the hang of it. I see what people mean when they say to keep a charged shot ready most of the time just in case you miss with a melee attack. However, I'm still confused as to what the different "hypermodes" do... I understand the default one makes it so that you don't get knocked back as much or something? Is that all it does? And I'm not sure what the 2nd hypermode does, other than the fact that I think I activate it by pressing special.
[note : i'm sorry for the late answer, i discovered this topic only recently ~~]
after severals tests, i can assume that friendship works as a huge focusing damage state. i was witnessing keiichi's charged shot huger/faster/stronger and being yellow, under this mode when the cursor was double layed and flashing
=> basically, the second hypermode "friendship" enchanced your damage if your target is the same of your partner.

so, if i'm not mistaken, it can described to this :

First hypermode Oyashiro
-the gauge is filling while being damaged
-hypermode is activated automatically
-hypermode prevents the character being knocked back. (first hit only, not linked consecutive strikes)

Second hypermode Friendship
-the gauge is filling while damaging
-hypermode is activated by pressing on "special"
-hypermode enchances shots (charge/refill speed), enchance shots while attacking partner's target.

the main problem with friendship is that the bar is filling pretty slowly with melee character (well, not really easy with keiichi anyway, but was kinda easy with mion) because of the "damage dealed only".

also, i get the feeling that the granted extra damage depend on which attack you are performing (i didn' feel a lot of difference while meleeing with keiichi under friendship mania; and i saw no difference with mion [edit] after some aditionnal tests, the friendship hypermode affect keiichi's charged shot (lv1) and mion basic shots. affect only shots)
in overall, the friendship hypermode is really tricky, since you must switch to the same partner target.
without the first green order "focus", it is really a pain with the computer~~

but i need some details about it, since i'm using the trial version only ~~.

back on the thread, my questions about daybreak :
1) does the oyashiro hypermode do something else along the flashy state and the knockback resilience (not a complete immunity, saddly)? (extra damage? increased speed?)

2) general options :
http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/8...ptions1pr5.jpg
what do the first 3 options do? [answer found : 1) tone shading enabled/disabled. 2) shadows enabled/disabled. 3) texture level normal/low)
a) i don't know if it is my dll or something else, but i must turn the second option to right (off?) just like in the above screenshot, otherwise, the background in battle is... flipping like crazy. see the screenshots below
- http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/4...razybg1gk8.jpg
- http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/1...razybg2po4.jpg
- http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/9...razybg3rh3.jpg

the characters roam fine, but the BG go so insane that it's impossible to know if a wall is in front of me or not, etc.


c) the first option simply make the weapons disappear, and the character under hypermode (you still recognize the humanoid forms from the silly purple/blue aura)


3) battle setting :
a) http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/2...ptions2dp8.jpg
i have my idea of the highlight option, but i still need confirmation :
does this option increase the HP bar? (i noticed that the damage taken by the characters are halved, or simply, the damage doesn't change but the numerical value in the HP bars are increased) (answer : defense is set by the %)

b) http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/2...ptions3lg0.jpg
for this option, however, i have absolutely no clue about what it does (although i tested a lot, i don't feel any difference between 50% and 200%) (answer : charging speed of the hypermod bar)

4) commercial version
a) how does the multiplayer mode work? only in LAN/net, or you can split the screens?
b) are the graphics different between commercial and trial versions? (according the screenshots shown on twilight frontier, it would be that)


sorry for the huge amount of questions, i have a "near to none" japanese knowledge, so it was pretty hard to find informations about daybreak ~~ (thanks to sushi-Y, the main gameplay is well explained)

Last edited by Klashikari; 2006-10-15 at 11:14. Reason: corrections
Klashikari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 10:49   Link #202
imac2much
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
A couple quick things: oyashiro mode only gives you 'super armor' for one hit, repeated hits will still knock you back. It also gives you a minor defense bonus, and for some characters grants extra attacks with the special button. (Rena, Keiichi, a few others)

Friendship mode speeds up the charge or cooldown of ranged attacks. When locked on the same target as your partner, your ranged attacks improve also.

You can do multiplayer with split screens, but also you can connect to another IP for online play... however it's poorly programmed and lags pretty bad for anyone other than the host.
imac2much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 11:09   Link #203
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Belgium, Brussels
Age: 28
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
thanks for the details

by the way, i found a pretty interesting wiki about the game, which explain almost everything (it also has moves chart, but currently only for shion [knife] ) with screenshots

http://ikusat.mac.org/higu/index.php/Main_Page

this helps a lot ^^
Klashikari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-21, 18:04   Link #204
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostBlue View Post
For people that can't read the diary entry. Ryukishi 07 is thinking of his next story. However, it's still in development. The title will probably similar, something like _____ naku koro ni to differentiate it from Higurashi yet keep the bond to the group. As for the setting... since the last story took place at a remote mountain village, this next story will be at a remote island!!! ...or maybe not. When Seagulls Cry doesn't sound fitting
Just to update:
http://07th-expansion.net/Cgi/clip/clip.cgi

It looks like this guy's serious, they actually went to the Izu Islands to get the materials for this new "Umineko no Naku Koro ni" (is the na going to be blue this time? ).

Hmm, now that I think about it, the island setting can really make for some interesting situations. Not to mention it'll be a nice change of breath from the stuffiness of urban stories.

But do something about that title, Ryukishi-san.
__________________
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-21, 18:11   Link #205
Supergrunch
Tegenaria gigantea
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Near London
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to Supergrunch
Am I right in saying that the next game 07th expansion brings out will be a professional release? I remember reading that somewhere.
__________________
Supergrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-21, 21:30   Link #206
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrunch View Post
Am I right in saying that the next game 07th expansion brings out will be a professional release? I remember reading that somewhere.
If 07th Expansion (Ryukishi07-san's doujin circle name) can get a proper staff, maybe.

It depends on where Ryukishi-san wants to go, really. I'm sure he has enough support and power to turn 07th Expansion into a commerical company if he wanted to, but without a proper staff (a proper genga artist (character art), graphical artist (he can't use edited photographs as backgrounds forever ), colorist, and (at least one) dedicated programmer + maybe music composer), he's not going to be able to make games that look any better than Higurashi (which isn't very good looking, by market standards ^^; ).

So, if he's satisified with where he's at right now, there's no need for 07th Expansion to go commercial. Likewise, if he chooses to go commerical, he will have to put together a standalone staff (because a lot of things you do in doujin, such as using outside resources, becomes restricted when you go commercial).

Judging from the recent trip to Izu islands, it looks like he's still trying to do things by himself (+ his current "family staff" ). Maybe somewhere in the middle, he'll realize that he can't do everything on his own anymore and recruit a proper staff? Let's hope so.
__________________
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-03, 16:12   Link #207
Keiichi no Hibi
THIS. IS WHO I AM.
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to Keiichi no Hibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinless Idiot View Post
Spoiler for space:
I have a question. Do you mean by "doujin game" that someone else is making it or... what?
Keiichi no Hibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-03, 16:30   Link #208
kj1980
kaii~...kana? kana?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y View Post
If 07th Expansion (Ryukishi07-san's doujin circle name) can get a proper staff, maybe.

It depends on where Ryukishi-san wants to go, really. I'm sure he has enough support and power to turn 07th Expansion into a commerical company if he wanted to, but without a proper staff (a proper genga artist (character art), graphical artist (he can't use edited photographs as backgrounds forever ), colorist, and (at least one) dedicated programmer + maybe music composer), he's not going to be able to make games that look any better than Higurashi (which isn't very good looking, by market standards ^^; ).

So, if he's satisified with where he's at right now, there's no need for 07th Expansion to go commercial. Likewise, if he chooses to go commerical, he will have to put together a standalone staff (because a lot of things you do in doujin, such as using outside resources, becomes restricted when you go commercial).

Judging from the recent trip to Izu islands, it looks like he's still trying to do things by himself (+ his current "family staff" ). Maybe somewhere in the middle, he'll realize that he can't do everything on his own anymore and recruit a proper staff? Let's hope so.

But for some people, it's Ryukishi's drawings that make Higurashi so moe~. It is blasphemy to hire genga artists to replace Ryu-chan's...UNIQUE drawings! wwwww
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-03, 17:31   Link #209
Supergrunch
Tegenaria gigantea
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Near London
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to Supergrunch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980 View Post
But for some people, it's Ryukishi's drawings that make Higurashi so moe~. It is blasphemy to hire genga artists to replace Ryu-chan's...UNIQUE drawings! wwwww
With fat hands.
__________________
Supergrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-03, 21:01   Link #210
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980 View Post
But for some people, it's Ryukishi's drawings that make Higurashi so moe~. It is blasphemy to hire genga artists to replace Ryu-chan's...UNIQUE drawings! wwwww
It's not that I don't like his drawings (like I said, Rika's "nipa~☆" can never be replicated by other artists), but you gotta admit, it's pretty much impossible for someone to be a scenario writer and a genga artist at the same time for a commercial game. It would take years to make, if he doesn't die of exhaustion somewhere in between first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiichi no Hibi View Post
I have a question. Do you mean by "doujin game" that someone else is making it or... what?
"Heisei ni Higurashi wa Naku" was supposed to be a doujin secondary creation based on the original game. Secondary creation means a doujin product (game, doujinshi, etc.) created based on an existing series (in this case, Higurashi, which is doujin itself).

It was meant to be a doujin novel copying the original Higurashi style (in terms of artstyle and presentation), with a brand new story taking place in present time featuring the decendents of the main characters from the original game.

Unfortunately, the project ran into a pile of controversy from the fans (mainly for the copying of the original game, and for "making a doujin novel of a doujin novel". All of this felt like they were hijacking a personal creation and adding their own ending to it), so after a storm of complaints and flames, it was shut down.
__________________
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-20, 18:09   Link #211
Supergrunch
Tegenaria gigantea
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Near London
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to Supergrunch
At the beginning of the images thread, Sushi-Y said that there was a CG in Tsumihoroboshi-hen...

Can anyone tell me which chapter it's in, or post it?
__________________
Supergrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-25, 18:17   Link #212
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: France - Metz
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/2...66070,0,0.html
Could you tell me who is this new Character?
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-25, 18:52   Link #213
tobiast88
No patience for fools
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Paris, France
Kimiyoshi Natsumi!! I had no clue they would include her!
She's the protagonist in Onisarashi-hen, a manga exclusive chapter that recounts her and her family's life after the Great Gas Disaster. Wow... I really want this game, but my japanese is too rudimentary for anything at the moment...
tobiast88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-29, 12:07   Link #214
Supergrunch
Tegenaria gigantea
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Near London
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to Supergrunch
22nd of February is now officially confirmed as the release date for Matsuri!
__________________
Supergrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-29, 13:48   Link #215
Takemaru
Helpfull Chibi
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Finland.... though i want back to Asia ~_~
Age: 22
Send a message via MSN to Takemaru Send a message via Yahoo to Takemaru
Question Hello All

I am new in this Higurashi game, since i watched anime, i am now interested in this game. Can someone give me some advise how to start playing this kind of game?
I would be very happy if you guys help me

P.S Can't wait for new Higurashi no Naku Koro ni 2nd Series ^^ Hehe
__________________
Takemaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-29, 14:22   Link #216
Supergrunch
Tegenaria gigantea
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Near London
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to Supergrunch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takemaru View Post
I am new in this Higurashi game, since i watched anime, i am now interested in this game. Can someone give me some advise how to start playing this kind of game?
I would be very happy if you guys help me

P.S Can't wait for new Higurashi no Naku Koro ni 2nd Series ^^ Hehe
Do you feel confident to decipher/read something entirely in Japanese? If so, then go ahead and buy the orginal sound novels... it's definitely worth it, though for me, very slow going.

If not, you can always read the English patches for Minagoroshi (assuming you've seen all the anime already).
__________________
Supergrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-29, 20:57   Link #217
Varion
殲滅天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
How far did you get with that, anyway? Finished Onikakushi yet? I might start working on doing that myself. Glad Matsuri FINALLY has a release date though. It's taken them long enough, though hopefully the wait will have been worthwhile.

And yeah, basically it's a case of whether you can read Japanese or not. If you can't, you're extremely limited and will just have to follow the Minagoroshi patches or get to work learning the language. They're not very expensive and all you do is click and read text basically. If you've got a Paypal account (or can get one) you can get all of them from Paletweb. Question Chapters, Answer Chapters, Epilogue Disc.
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-29, 23:49   Link #218
Takemaru
Helpfull Chibi
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Finland.... though i want back to Asia ~_~
Age: 22
Send a message via MSN to Takemaru Send a message via Yahoo to Takemaru
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrunch View Post
Do you feel confident to decipher/read something entirely in Japanese? If so, then go ahead and buy the orginal sound novels... it's definitely worth it, though for me, very slow going.

If not, you can always read the English patches for Minagoroshi (assuming you've seen all the anime already).
It's not problem to translate Japanese. heh But i would like to try this Minagoroshi first (Because there is English patch right?) I want to see what kind game it is So where i can buy or download this Minagoroshi version?
__________________
Takemaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 01:50   Link #219
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takemaru View Post
It's not problem to translate Japanese. heh But i would like to try this Minagoroshi first (Because there is English patch right?) I want to see what kind game it is So where i can buy or download this Minagoroshi version?
If you want to experience the game first, you can also just download the trial version (the complete Onikakushi-hen) from 07th expansion's website:
http://07th-expansion.net/Soft/Taiken.htm

As for Minagoroshi-hen, it's included in the final "Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai" (answer chapters from Valdra's link above) disk released during C71. On that disk you will also get Meakashi-hen (5th chapter), Tsumihoroboshi-hen (6th chapter), and Matsuribayashi-hen (8th and final chapter).

The question chapters (Onikakushi-hen, Watanagashi-hen, Tatarigoroshi-hen, and Himatsubushi-hen) are also included in a single "Higurashi no Naku Koro ni" disk (question chapters from link above).

Rei (epilogue disk from above) is a "Side Story" of sorts that you should only read after having finished all 8 chapters from the main game first.

You can also get the game from Himeya. Just search for "Higurashi".
__________________
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 10:09   Link #220
Takemaru
Helpfull Chibi
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Finland.... though i want back to Asia ~_~
Age: 22
Send a message via MSN to Takemaru Send a message via Yahoo to Takemaru
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y View Post
If you want to experience the game first, you can also just download the trial version (the complete Onikakushi-hen) from 07th expansion's website:
http://07th-expansion.net/Soft/Taiken.htm

As for Minagoroshi-hen, it's included in the final "Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai" (answer chapters from Valdra's link above) disk released during C71. On that disk you will also get Meakashi-hen (5th chapter), Tsumihoroboshi-hen (6th chapter), and Matsuribayashi-hen (8th and final chapter).

The question chapters (Onikakushi-hen, Watanagashi-hen, Tatarigoroshi-hen, and Himatsubushi-hen) are also included in a single "Higurashi no Naku Koro ni" disk (question chapters from link above).

Rei (epilogue disk from above) is a "Side Story" of sorts that you should only read after having finished all 8 chapters from the main game first.

You can also get the game from Himeya. Just search for "Higurashi".
I will try Trial Version thanks! So If i buy Minagoroshi there is some translate note in it or what you guys mean by patch? (Download from internet?) And Valdra's message's "Question Chapters, Answer Chapters, Epilogue Disc".Is this a game or a help book? Please explain me, i know i am quite stupid but onegai!= please
I got an PayPal account so i can buy anytime i want.
__________________
Takemaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.