AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2004-12-13, 09:41   Link #181
powellk

What next ???

Hello,

I have just followed the thread above from Sin, that fantastic.

But, it would appear that I have had one Plugin Uploaded, it all seems a tad slow. I'm on 512k.

I can't see where I would go if I need to upload software from a peer. Is there some kind of search facility.

Sorry, I previously used Kazaa, where everything was done for you. Not use tp looking. Help.

PS i'm a newbie, forgive the silly questions

cheers
powellk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-17, 09:42   Link #182
naft11

Azureus and Norton

Hi guys - I started using Azureus recently and it's been really slow even with large seeds >1000 and it's been killing my internet connection. Also Norton keeps popping up with remote system attempting to access my computer. This happens even when Azereus is not running. Am I not supposed to be using a firewall with Azureus? Can someone please help me out? Thanks
naft11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-17, 11:40   Link #183
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Originally Posted by naft11
Hi guys - I started using Azureus recently and it's been really slow even with large seeds >1000 and it's been killing my internet connection. Also Norton keeps popping up with remote system attempting to access my computer. This happens even when Azereus is not running. Am I not supposed to be using a firewall with Azureus? Can someone please help me out? Thanks
What is the health of the torrent(s)? State the color of the smiley(s).

Are you using a router?
If yes, do you know how to access the configuration window?

What is your maximum upload capacity and where (if) did you cap it?
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. That did not happen in this case because _Sin_ is so boring that he never even had a signature to remove anyway. So why is this text here? To attract attention of course - isn't that what a signature is for?
You can still find my Azureus Download Guide here

By all means, make sure to read this.
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-22, 20:18   Link #184
KoopaTroopa

Anyone else having a long load time for Azureus when is doing the azplugin updater during the splash screen? Takes forever for Azureus to load since I updated it.
KoopaTroopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-23, 07:38   Link #185
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoopaTroopa
Anyone else having a long load time for Azureus when is doing the azplugin updater during the splash screen? Takes forever for Azureus to load since I updated it.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...5&postcount=31
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. That did not happen in this case because _Sin_ is so boring that he never even had a signature to remove anyway. So why is this text here? To attract attention of course - isn't that what a signature is for?
You can still find my Azureus Download Guide here

By all means, make sure to read this.
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-27, 11:15   Link #186
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
So, our friend _Sin_ doesnt seem to be around anymore, but I suppose it will be ok to ask here, well Azureus is crashing my computer!! TT_TT, you know, the bsod, which is kind of rare on XP, the error is something about IRQ or something, I cant remember exactly, Ill try to get the whole message, but I was wondering if I was the only one with the problem.

Description: I get a blue screen some random time after I start azureus, it can be a couple of minutes, it can be hours. I tried many, many scenarios, with many different programs opened and only when Azureus is opened and working is when the computer crashes. No other time.

PC:
Pentium IV 2.6 Mhz,
Ati 9600
HD 60 GB, free space: less that 2 GB ( I need to clean my poor computer )
ram 512 Mb
windows xp

I think thats all, thanks for your time ^_^
mantidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-27, 16:33   Link #187
ChainLegacy
廉頗

I don't know what your problem is, but reinstalling the program might help (though you've probably already tried that). There might also be a plugin causing the problem, so if you have any maybe you should uninstall them.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-01, 18:46   Link #188
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
thank you for the excellent write-up. I will be switching to Azureus because of this post
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-02, 23:11   Link #189
sophismata
いいえ

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantidor
So, our friend _Sin_ doesnt seem to be around anymore, but I suppose it will be ok to ask here, well Azureus is crashing my computer!! TT_TT, you know, the bsod, which is kind of rare on XP, the error is something about IRQ or something, I cant remember exactly, Ill try to get the whole message, but I was wondering if I was the only one with the problem.
If reinstalling Azureus doesn't work, you may want to consider another client. Unless it's a well-known bug, the difficulties invlolved in debugging it are huge; it may not even by Azereus that's causing it, just seem like Azereus is causing it.

You'd (or someone'd) need to look at code, drivers, running programs, etc...

That said, I can suggest the following, simpler solutions:

Make sure your version of Azereus is the latest one, and works with your Operating System.

Make sure that your version of Java is the latest one, and works with your Operating System.

Delete, then reinstall Azereus.

Delete, then reinstall Java, then reinstall Azereus.

Delete, then resintall Windows, Java, then Azerues.

Obviously, back your system up before attempting that last one, but you may be better off switch to another client if the first four suggestions are all negative.
sophismata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-27, 21:12   Link #190
msv_123

I got a some questions, sorry if this has been posted above, as i'm new to all torrents. If your on a dial up connection, connected constantly at 46.6kbs, what is the ideal configuration for uploading and downloading? I want to download as much as i can, and upload as little as possible (i'm on dialup, if i had i better connection this would not be the case), but i also want to make sure i don't get kicked off a torrent connection (tracker), so i want to upload the most efficient ratio, which will give me greater download capacity.

The reason i ask this, is because i have used the new original bit torrent, and downloading is pretty slow, i'm only getting 1-2kbs when connected, and i always am able to upload, even when i set the uploads to the minimum rate.

Lastly, what should i set my user proficiency to? Because i don't want to really limit my options, but i'm new. Thanks.

Last edited by msv_123; 2006-04-27 at 23:04.
msv_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-27, 23:33   Link #191
Sofu
Cheeky Cat

Having never used bittorrent on dialup, myself, I'm going to give you what I would consider the starting point. I urge you to play with the numbers to see what works best for you. (Note that bittorrent clients usually show speed in kilobytes per second while your available bandwidth is usually measured in kilobits per second. Your 46.6Kb/s connection is equivilant to just under 6KB/s. Don't expect more than 4KB/s.)

Set upload max speed to 2 or 3. When not doing anything else online, you might be able to get away with 4 or 5 if you're lucky. (Somebody remind me if dialup is asynchronus. That'll make a big difference.) You should only ever have one torrent active. I doubt you need to connect to more than 10 peers. Allow 2 upload slots. You should probably also turn off the DDB (it's under plugins) since that uses bandwidth, too.

As for user proficiency, unless you're just overwhelmed with all the options, I'd say start with intermediate. IMO, one of the primary reasons for using Azureus is all the options. If you're not going to use them, you should probably start with a simpler client. Besides, to change some of the settings I've mentioned, you'll need to be in intermediate mode, anyway.

Oh, and unless you use ratio enforced trackers, don't worry about your ratio too much, though of course you should still upload as much as you can. The minimum Azureus will allow before you can set it to automatically stop seeding is 1:2. You can manually stop it sooner, but I think 1:2 isn't asking too much of anyone.
Sofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-28, 00:05   Link #192
msv_123

I have a few torrents that are not complete, that i want to transfer to azureus, is there a way where i can resume downloading the same file to azureus, without losing the data of the incomplete file?
msv_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-28, 02:01   Link #193
Sofu
Cheeky Cat

The Azureus wiki's got you covered. How to resume.
Sofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-13, 01:47   Link #194
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

What's an Azureus Magnet Link?
Old 2006-06-13, 01:59   Link #195
Sylf
翻訳家わなびぃ
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Sylf Send a message via Yahoo to Sylf
Magnet links : http://animesuki.rut.org/doc.php/help/magnet.html
Sylf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-17, 17:53   Link #196
horsdhaleine
i miss japan!

azureus is wonderful! i'm using the japanese version even though i cannot understand it but it still works perfectly well!!! thanks for the detailed instruction...
horsdhaleine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 09:01   Link #197
guess

Does Azureus have function to shut down the computer automatically when download is done?
Old 2006-11-24, 09:45   Link #198
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
i want to ask
do we must d/l the plugin (like java)??? because i don't d/l that

btw wherever we d/l the torrent can work right????
kira-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-11, 17:19   Link #199
WTFOG

java is a sort of driver for the program. it isnt a plugin, it is a dependency of it. So download it or else i think you cant use azureus

gl
WTFOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-12, 03:27   Link #200
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

It will defenetly not run it withought Java.
---------------------------------------------
Java is a virtual environment.. sorta.
Basicly anything you make in Java will run flawlesly for Windows, Linux, Macs... Not saing you can't technicly run windows apps on linux or Macs, but Java is a more legitimate and sure way for compatibility.

At guest...
Check out the plug-ins.. I'm not sure if there is one.. but there should be.

Tags
outdated guide, wiki candidate