AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-09-24, 22:32   Link #21
anselfir
Style Über Alles
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NYC/Chicago
They are just a bunch of catchy phrases that conjure up some imagery of flying or other dramatic events. It is an image song, the point is not to make sense in a "real life" way but to create some feelings. For me the songs make sense even in subs.

In these situations you are supposed to "get it," to go along.
__________________
anselfir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 23:00   Link #22
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Short answer, they do.

Long answer?

A lot of Japanese catch phrases and terms in general do not translate well. Thats a fact.

Well, perhaps we should use an example:

In Guilty Gear XX, one of Cloud Berry Jam's moves roughly translates to, "Up heavens, below heavens, only I claim lordship" etc, which sounds pretty messed up translated, but would have made much sense in its original form. Similiar case applies here...

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2006-09-25 at 00:10.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-25, 20:58   Link #23
.opi
whatever..
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to .opi Send a message via MSN to .opi
Ending theme to stargazer?

hey...ummm sorry if theres already a Q/A thread for gundam, but i havent found one...........i thought there used to be one stickied but that might've been before some hacking thing last yr, i forget.

but anyways, does anyone know the name of the song/artist for the ending song in ep 2 of Stargazer? (could be ending song to ep1 too but i dont have that with me so idk)

thx for ur help.
__________________
.opi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-25, 21:05   Link #24
Shinku
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by .opi
hey...ummm sorry if theres already a Q/A thread for gundam, but i havent found one...........i thought there used to be one stickied but that might've been before some hacking thing last yr, i forget.

but anyways, does anyone know the name of the song/artist for the ending song in ep 2 of Stargazer? (could be ending song to ep1 too but i dont have that with me so idk)

thx for ur help.
THe song is called Hoshi No Tobira by Negishi Satori
Shinku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-25, 21:11   Link #25
.opi
whatever..
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to .opi Send a message via MSN to .opi
thank you!
__________________
.opi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-23, 09:49   Link #26
Eruruu
We'll meet again.
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: In the land of Tusukuru.
Send a message via MSN to Eruruu
Dont mean to revive an old thread, but I think it would be better then making a new thread for it.
I was just wondering, whats the song name of the one Lacus sings in Gundam Seed, she sings it in 8 - 11 a few times, she sings it when shes on TV I think. (Duno if it is an offical song)
__________________
Eruruu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-23, 10:10   Link #27
Meehlimo
Gundam Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to Meehlimo Send a message via MSN to Meehlimo
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamikage View Post
I've got a question as well. Why can't Bandai use Zeta Gundam's opening and ending songs in the in the US? Will they be able to use it in the future or not?
Liceneing issues they tend to make the US versions cost more.
Meehlimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-23, 11:25   Link #28
miaka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eruruu View Post
Dont mean to revive an old thread, but I think it would be better then making a new thread for it.
I was just wondering, whats the song name of the one Lacus sings in Gundam Seed, she sings it in 8 - 11 a few times, she sings it when shes on TV I think. (Duno if it is an offical song)
shizukana yoru ni by rie tanaka (Lacus). Its in first Gundam seed OST.
miaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-23, 19:39   Link #29
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Isla De Monte Dorifto
Send a message via MSN to M_Flores
What was that choir-like song when Kira gets Strike Freedom (not Vestige!), it begins when it shows Strike Freedom's face for the first time, the song is very reminiscent of 'Tobe! Freedom' and its very dramatic. What is it?
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-24, 04:13   Link #30
miaka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Flores View Post
What was that choir-like song when Kira gets Strike Freedom (not Vestige!), it begins when it shows Strike Freedom's face for the first time, the song is very reminiscent of 'Tobe! Freedom' and its very dramatic. What is it?
may i know the exact episode and time frame that your looking for
miaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-24, 05:39   Link #31
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Isla De Monte Dorifto
Send a message via MSN to M_Flores
Quote:
Originally Posted by miaka View Post
may i know the exact episode and time frame that your looking for
Episode 39, Kira of the Sky (or something like that)

I dunno the time frame, but its when Lacus takes Kira into the hangar of the Eternal to see Strike Freedom for the first time. When it shows Strike Freedom's face, there is some sort of dramatic choir song.

Its in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsgNBOUdP68
at the 00:06 when you can hear the song. It's just BGM, and no lyrics.
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-24, 07:49   Link #32
Eruruu
We'll meet again.
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: In the land of Tusukuru.
Send a message via MSN to Eruruu
Quote:
Originally Posted by miaka View Post
shizukana yoru ni by rie tanaka (Lacus). Its in first Gundam seed OST.
Ah thanks, just curious, would there be more songs sung by her (Lacus)?
And I was wondering, what song name is this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liZtoocvTMc&NR (It plays in the background after a few secs)
__________________

Last edited by Eruruu; 2006-10-24 at 10:39.
Eruruu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-24, 11:23   Link #33
miaka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Flores View Post
Episode 39, Kira of the Sky (or something like that)

I dunno the time frame, but its when Lacus takes Kira into the hangar of the Eternal to see Strike Freedom for the first time. When it shows Strike Freedom's face, there is some sort of dramatic choir song.
The song your looking for is "Renewed strength and justice" first track in thrid Gundam seed destiny OST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eruruu View Post
Ah thanks, just curious, would there be more songs sung by her (Lacus)?
And I was wondering, what song name is this?
Other songs by Lacus are field of hope , mizu no akashi and
Spoiler for gundam seed destiny:


The song in the clip is Akatsuki no Kuruma (Wheel of destiny) by Fiction Junction Yuuka. It can be found in "Mobile Gundam SEED SUIT CD vol.4 Miguel Ayman × Nicol Amarfi"
miaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-15, 06:55   Link #34
shade888
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Intro music in GW: Endless duel name?

You know the SNES game Gundam Wing Endless duel.
The intro song is so cool.
I heard a version of it which wasnt SNES sound style but a real song and with a woman singing on the same tune. Its great but I only have half of it then it suddenly stops and theres no name.

Does anyone know how this good version is called? Or who sings it?
shade888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-15, 10:05   Link #35
Kasn
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by shade888 View Post
You know the SNES game Gundam Wing Endless duel.
The intro song is so cool.
I heard a version of it which wasnt SNES sound style but a real song and with a woman singing on the same tune. Its great but I only have half of it then it suddenly stops and theres no name.

Does anyone know how this good version is called? Or who sings it?
I think it's either Two-Mix - Just Communication or Two-Mix - Rhythm Emotion.
I could be wrong so much time passed since I played it.
Ps.Both song are also gundam wing openings so i could make mistake.
Kasn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-15, 10:21   Link #36
shade888
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasn View Post
I think it's either Two-Mix - Just Communication or Two-Mix - Rhythm Emotion.
I could be wrong so much time passed since I played it.
Ps.Both song are also gundam wing openings so i could make mistake.
Yes Rhythm emotion, thx
shade888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-13, 18:27   Link #37
ShingoKun
Hot.. Hot!!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Home
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to ShingoKun Send a message via MSN to ShingoKun
Wondering what that BGM song is called in Gundam Seed (first season) ep 39 around 5minutes and 10 seconds into the episode?
__________________

Kurumu...suteki
ShingoKun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-13, 21:51   Link #38
Infinite Freedom
Bonjour
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
What is the song when Stellar dies??
Infinite Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 13:16   Link #39
sandrum
MS Engineer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Aomori, Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShingoKun View Post
Wondering what that BGM song is called in Gundam Seed (first season) ep 39 around 5minutes and 10 seconds into the episode?
That fight between Freedom/Justice and the 3 CPU's should be Track #4 on the Gundam Seed OST #3 called Kouhou shien ([rear] SUPPORT)
__________________

Last edited by sandrum; 2007-01-16 at 09:20.
sandrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 13:21   Link #40
sandrum
MS Engineer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Aomori, Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Freedom View Post
What is the song when Stellar dies??
I think....Gundam Seed Destiny OST #3, Track 24 Stella the sorrowful - (Kanashimi no Sutera)
__________________
sandrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.