AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Higurashi

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-10-22, 08:50   Link #21
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Belgium, Brussels
Age: 28
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
1) yes, she wanted to prove her grandfather's genius. he was completely ridiculised. see the piece i linked above, especially this part :
Spoiler for saving space:


she is greatly devoted to her grandfather, and want him to be proud of her, despite he is dead.
as a big crazy "nurse", she carried his final wish : become a god.

rather being sucessful in any "positive humanity way", she somewhat want to avenge Dr Takano, along fulfilling his wish.

not only they (government) will have to admit her research, but also the "deserved" respect to Dr Takano. (this is her motive, nothing else. what happen to hinamizawa is her least worry, except the whole carnage)

she doesn't believe in oyashiro sama at all. granted, she use the local myth in her advantage in fact. the "god" mention is somewhat to prove that late takano and herself are superior (theory wise)

2) this is not clear for the moment. the factual "organizations" are :
-the 3 main houses (Sonozaki - Furude - Kimiyoshi)
-irie institute (part of the government cover)
-yamainu (takano henchmen, part of the goverment reinforcement)

(since i didn't play the games, the following information isn't accurate at all, be careful)
yamainu are trained henchman from the government, allocated to help takano crew to fulfill their research and investigations.
they are the geen/blue/grey men who were roaming around. (example : those who captured keiichi in onikakushi hen)
Klashikari is online now  
Old 2006-10-22, 10:54   Link #22
Regel
Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
1)

Quote:
she doesn't believe in oyashiro sama at all
Sure. But she do know about "queen" virus influence.

I agree with David Johnston:

Quote:
Takano believed that the adoration that Rika gets from being the center of that invisible communications web the infectees seem to have would got to her once she watanagashi'd Rika.
2) Ok, but what is the SDF?

3)
Quote:
rather being sucessful in any "positive humanity way", she somewhat want to avenge Dr Takano, along fulfilling his wish.

not only they (government) will have to admit her research, but also the "deserved" respect to Dr Takano. (this is her motive, nothing else. what happen to hinamizawa is her least worry, except the whole carnage)
So, you mean she killed Rika not for getting the "queen" virus, but only for proving her granddad's theory (so, it was a kind of experiment)? And "becomming god" is only an allegory?
Regel is offline  
Old 2006-10-22, 11:38   Link #23
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Belgium, Brussels
Age: 28
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
this is somewhat a major spoiler, but this thread is here for that :

this is correct.

like i said, takano's main purpose is to glorify her grandfather and herself.
she just doesn't give any damn thing about the hinamizawa syndrome, the people or her faction. at all.

several facts prove it :
1) she is really excited about any sign of congratulation from her superiors (i.e her "second" grandpa, Koizumi : Routine Audit (Piece #19) )

2) she prepared the dreadful disaster plan.

3) if you pay attention to the role of the group, irie, tomitake and takano have the duty to determine what is really the hinamizawa syndrome and how to cure it.

so here is the question : how can they let the "queen" die like that? how can a random culprit kill rika, while the governement trained soldiers are supposed to protect her? in fact, aren't they the real culprit as mentionned several times? you know what i meant :p

4) dispite takano's comedy, tomitake discovered her real intentions, that's why he gets killed.

her whole mental state is kinda screwed, but she has a strong will (if you read the minagoroshi prologue, you will understand what i said with the "rules X, Y, Z" ).

in fact, i suspect that takano brought the whole "queen theory" to irie and the others to justify any "big mess if furude rika is killed". i'm pretty sure the queen theory is messed up just because of watanagashi-hen.

i'm just wondering one thing : the TIPS aren't mentionning anything about a huge mess / killing frenzy around hinamizawa in watanagashi-hen / meakashi-hen dispite rika's death. and as i could read with irie theory, "all the infected populace will yield into the terminal stages within 48 hours of the main carrier's death."
this proves that the "queen theory" is kinda a big excuse, since there wasn't any mass L5 state after watanagashi and meakashi hen (this event couldn't be ignored as a TIPS if it has really happened, like the disaster was described to have happened after tsumihoroboshi-hen))

my guess : wouldn't be possible that takano couldn't activate her emergency plan in Watanagashi/meakashi because she couldn't find rika under the 48 hours? (if they aren't able to put the village under a possible mental disorder under the 48 hours, there is no "valid excuse" for takano, so no disaster :p)
if she can't find rika (or her corpse) within the 48 hours, this will make the queen theory null and void.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2006-10-22 at 12:37.
Klashikari is online now  
Old 2006-10-22, 13:23   Link #24
Regel
Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
As this is spoiler thread...

Quote:
3) if you pay attention to the role of the group, irie, tomitake and takano have the duty to determine what is really the hinamizawa syndrome and how to cure it.

so here is the question : how can they let the "queen" die like that? how can a random culprit kill rika, while the governement trained soldiers are supposed to protect her? in fact, aren't they the real culprit as mentionned several times?
IMHO."They" aren't but "she" is. There are 3 agents in Hinamizawa: Takano, Tomotake, Irie. And green guys who obey Takano. Government sent them to investigate the syndrom. But Takano has her own aims. Not only to glorify herself and her granddad but also to become a "god". She kills Tomitake and Irie. Now nobody can control her. And then she watanagashi Rika.

Quote:
in fact, i suspect that takano brought the whole "queen theory" to irie and the others to justify any "big mess if furude rika is killed".
But it's not her theory but her grandfather's. And it seems she trust all his conclusions.

Quote:
i'm just wondering one thing : the TIPS aren't mentionning anything about a huge mess / killing frenzy around hinamizawa in watanagashi-hen / meakashi-hen dispite rika's death. and as i could read with irie theory, "all the infected populace will yield into the terminal stages within 48 hours of the main carrier's death."
this proves that the "queen theory" is kinda a big excuse, since there wasn't any mass L5 state after watanagashi and meakashi hen (this event couldn't be ignored as a TIPS if it has really happened, like the disaster was described to have happened after tsumihoroboshi-hen))
Yes, we do know there was no Great Hinamizawa Disaster in Watanagashi-hen / Meakashi-hen.

Quote:
wouldn't be possible that takano couldn't activate her emergency plan in Watanagashi/meakashi because she couldn't find rika under the 48 hours?
But they had found her on the next day (and as she was killed at night that was even lass than in 24 hours).
Regel is offline  
Old 2006-10-22, 13:55   Link #25
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Belgium, Brussels
Age: 28
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regel View Post
IMHO."They" aren't but "she" is. There are 3 agents in Hinamizawa: Takano, Tomotake, Irie. And green guys who obey Takano. Government sent them to investigate the syndrom. But Takano has her own aims. Not only to glorify herself and her granddad but also to become a "god". She kills Tomitake and Irie. Now nobody can control her. And then she watanagashi Rika.
yup, that's the answer. (the question was made on pruprose, indeed). when i was talking about "they", i was referring to "soldiers" in fact (there is absolutely no way that tomitake and irie would agree to kill rika for that sinister plan)

but, we should notice that theses guys (yamainu?) where under irie's command for keiichi's case in onikakushi-hen (that's why i guess that the 3 of them were working together, with some covered institution and an elite military force, the yamainu)
takano must have taken the control when she killed tomitake and faked her own death (she is most likely unskilled to do this alone. she needed some help to plan her death like this)

also, sounds like she killed irie only when he discovered something (as far i can remember, irie died only at tataragoroshi-hen, with a fake suicide)


Quote:
But it's not her theory but her grandfather's. And it seems she trust all his conclusions.
yup i messed this part. this is where her "madness" lies


Quote:
But they had found her on the next day (and as she was killed at night that was even lass than in 24 hours).
i was completely forgetting about the whole "rescue part" on watanagashi and meakashi, my bad -_-

that said, there should be something which prevent her to perform some "L5 village disorder" excuse in theses scenario. i can only see the "watanagashi-ed" factor, otherwise, i wonder what.
Klashikari is online now  
Old 2006-10-22, 15:57   Link #26
David Johnston
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regel View Post
1)



Sure. But she do know about "queen" virus influence.
Assuming there is any such queen virus...which I doubt. Although observationally, infectees can communicate nonverbally and the viroid will take over their cognitive facilities when they perceive a threat to the host or the community leading to the "taken by oni" phenomenon, there's no real evidence that the villagers love Rika because she's host to a particularly privileged strain of the viroid, instead of because she's Rika, which is surely enough reason to love her. And Takano's totally oblivious to the reality of Rika's spiritually privileged position in the village, that she is actually in communication with and is protected, however poorly, by a genuine spiritual entity, so her theories have a gigantic, totally-unaccounted-for variable in them.

Of course when interpreting Takano's actions, it doesn't matter whether she's right or just barking mad. Takano thinks there's a queen strain, and will act based on that idea.

As for why watanagashi, well she did bring up the subject of vivisecting one of the villagers to study the organism to the doctor. He wasn't especially welcoming. Watanagashi is vivisection. So she takes Tomitake in to look at the watanagashi tools, lets him make his report and then kills him. The villagers will be blamed by the government, who will fake her death to protect her from them. That eliminates both Tomitake and Oishi who won't suspect a dead woman. Then when she vivisects Rika in a way traditional to the village...well the government will just get more confirmation that the village is in a state of meltdown and needs to be eliminated.

Last edited by David Johnston; 2006-10-22 at 16:12.
David Johnston is offline  
Old 2006-10-23, 00:15   Link #27
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Belgium, Brussels
Age: 28
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
back to my theory, i watched the episode 7-8 again, and it seems there is a possibility that several days have passed before the police could find the corpses.

first, 1 whole day has passed after rika death : in fact, the next day rika died, keiichi had the little chat with ooishi (who discovered that "shion" was missing and it was impossible to "shion" to talk with the village chief, except if she was the culprit), and had the final discussion with "shion" on the phone (the story shows he got the talk at night)

then, it seems that keiichi spent at least 1 whole day to recover + to pack up his stuff (he told to rena that he was moving away, and everything was ready according the packages).
this means that more than 24-48 hours have passed (rika died 2 days before, at night). so, you can add 24 hours again after the shion stab assault at the same day (if keiichi spent really 1 whole day for the previous event).

this would mean that more than 48 have passed
  • Day 0 : Rika is killed
  • Day 1 : Keiichi talks with Ooishi, and discovered that "shion" was missing, and "shion" couldn't be able to confess to the village chief, except if she talks to him AFTER he was missing. at night, he received "shion" phone call.
  • Day 2 : keiichi and rena disovered the "soy sauce" circular, which lead them to sonozaki household. Then they are contacted by ooishi. Keiichi accepts to be the "bait". Keiichi and Rena confront Mion. Keiichi is about to be tortured but is rescued by rena and the police, while "mion" escaped.
  • Day 2/3 or X: After the rescue, during the same afternoon (i doubt it) or the next day morning/after noon, Keiichi told to rena that he will be moving away. at night, Keiichi has been stabbed by oni "Mion"
  • Day Y (at least, day 3) : Ooishi tell to Keiichi that Mion was in the well in the day they barged in, and shion died during the same night while he was attacked by "mion".
note that, i also don't really think keiichi is a "superhuman", recovering from the stab like this within few hours. (considering the fact that it should take some time to be discovered by anyone, taken to the hospital, then talk to the police, THEN some talk with ooshi.)


so, whatever if keiichi took 1 day to recover from the sonozaki incident, it is clear that more than 2 days have passed from rika's death, which prevents takano to activate her disaster plan, since the queen theory has been demolished by the time limit.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2006-10-23 at 15:02.
Klashikari is online now  
Old 2006-10-24, 02:40   Link #28
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caiobrz View Post
(I'm not even going to ask how Rika manages to survive at Matsuribashihen since I doubt someone will actually reply, but if there is a kind soul out there that can ease my anciety on this title please do, even if it's on PM, because I'm dying to know how she manages to survive and other questions but nobody that played the game seams to be willing to answer, and hell I'm not going to buy the game and take 2 years to learn Japanese ... by than I will already have scratched my neck to death in antecipation ><
It's a miracle.

...It's true though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caiobrz View Post
What makes me mad about Higurashi is not the game, the manga nor the anime, but how people who know the answers for all of these questions will play "we know it, you don't" and don't help at all.
I'm sorry it appeared that way to you. I don't know about kj or the others, but personally, I don't really know how to answer some of the questions myself. It may look like a simple question to you, but it certainly isn't simple to answer them. Some of them took whole chapters to explain and reveal, and to just say "______ happened" probably wouldn't mean much.

In any case, your question about Satoshi WILL be answered in the Matsuribayashi puzzle pieces thread (we're only at the 2nd year victims here, the pieces will cover all the way until current time (June 1983)). The problem is, as you probably noticed, these are really long entries. kj is tired right now, and I certainly don't have time to work on them everyday.

I will admit though, that the pieces are really nothing more than just "the truth behind the history of everything". Without Minagoroshi/Matsuribayashi-hen's scenario, there won't be any real "solutions" concerning Rika and her friends' effort to fight against the fate of June 1983.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caiobrz View Post
Finally, we clearly see that Rika knew about everything on the secret research and even though she is young, after living so many times her life over and over it would be about time she realised who killed her. I mean, excluding the suicide and Shion torture scenarios, she knows she is going to be killed on that given day, it takes only a couple of "resets" to realise who you can trust and who you can't, and than a couple more resets to come up with a trap to prevent your death. Over 100 rebirths is really an exageration IMHO.

In my 3rd or 4th rebirth I would already go straigth to Oishi and go all "Nostradamus" to him, by summer 1983 he would believe me and set his team to tag Rika 24-7 ¬¬ if it failed, than you can add Oishi to suspects list and try the same with other characters until the trap worked. 15~20 resets tops to get to happy ending solution. =p
Well... everytime Rika resets, memories of the few hours leading up to her death is erased, so she never remembers who killed her, and whether her efforts had any effect or not. There's also the issue of the "mental wear" that happens whenever her hopes were betrayed.

In any case, it's a lot more complicated than that. I can only hope the guys over at the translation project can manage to complete their work. After all, Matsuribayashi-hen had so many exciting scenes (Shion/Kasai team in a firefight with their AK-47, for example ), it'll be a waste for fans like you guys to miss out on them.
__________________
Sushi-Y is offline  
Old 2006-10-24, 02:48   Link #29
kj1980
kaii~...kana? kana?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caiobrz View Post
What makes me mad about Higurashi is not the game, the manga nor the anime, but how people who know the answers for all of these questions will play "we know it, you don't" and don't help at all.
Or, I could just say screw it, I'm deleting everything. One more whine like this, I will purge everything into oblivion. Be grateful for what you have - if it weren't for us, you guys will be stuck scratching your heads in saying "why the heck are the kids alive again in Ep. 5?"

If you must know, there is a reason why we can't say it...because the game itself is so fucking hard to explain without writing a ten page essay for your answers!!! And why the heck should we have to write ten pages of explanation when we have to do the pieces thread? If writing ten pages just to satisfy one, we might as well write ten pages of useful info for all, which'll explain the stuff anyway.

If you are dying to know, the English patch is out. Play the game.

Last edited by kj1980; 2006-10-24 at 03:06.
kj1980 is offline  
Old 2006-10-24, 10:48   Link #30
imac2much
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Geez, Caiobrz, are you really this immature? Kj1980, Sushi-Y, and LostBlue have spent over 100 hours (probably much more) helping people on this board... translating TIPs, posting in episode threads, Q&A threads, etc. Considering all this, how exactly are they "not the least interested in helping people solve the puzzles of Higurashi"?

With your posts, it's pretty easy to deduce that you either 1) didn't do your research and are just throwing false accusations, or 2) have all the aforementioned evidence but are just too ignorant and selfish to realize the hypocrisy and ungratefulness of your words. If it's the latter, most likely, replying to you directly is pointless, if you truly are this ignorant.

In that case, I ask kj1980, Sushi-Y and LostBlue to ignore this ingrate. Please don't let his words and actions speak for everyone else, or ruin it for everyone else. I'm sure everyone else who browse these forums realize the work you guys are doing and are grateful. Just ignore, mod, or delete these whining posts please.
imac2much is offline  
Old 2006-10-24, 12:26   Link #31
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Belgium, Brussels
Age: 28
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
err... i will put my answer about the "argument" in spoiler, saving some space and brain ~~
Spoiler for my answer for Caiobrz, skip it if you want to stay on the thread:


anyway, discrepancies? which one? (i guess it's not solid enough, i wonder)
Klashikari is online now  
Old 2006-10-24, 12:30   Link #32
imac2much
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caiobrz View Post
If you had read the post that KJ deleted, I actually thanked for their work on the pieces and tips, and added that even with them fully translated some questions would still not be fully visible without a clear answer for someone who experienced the game.
If you thank someone in one place, then call them a 14 year old person who does has no intention to help people in another... it doesn't make it "okay." In case you have selective memory, I'll quote your own words:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caiobrz
What makes me mad about Higurashi is not the game, the manga nor the anime, but how people who know the answers for all of these questions will play "we know it, you don't" and don't help at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caiobrz
How old are you, 14?

You are not the least interested in helping people solve the puzzles of Higurashi, you just want to feel superior because you know it. Guess what sherlock, here are lots of other people who played the game, as much as you people like to cover and hide the information to keep the feeling you are superior, in time that it will be all in vain.
So what that you thanked them somewhere? If I told you I thank you for posting, then flame you for being an ingrate (which I did), are you going to forget about what I said about you, and just sit dumb and happy that I thanked you, regardless of whatever else I said? Don't be silly. You thanked them and used them while it was of your own benefit, but then when you didn't get exactly what you wanted, you started flinging names and act ungrateful.

Quote:
I never said a word about being ingrate about the whole translation, you are jumping to dumb conclusions yourself.
Actually, you did. Read your quotes above... you accuse them of being "not the least interested in helping people solve the puzzles of Higurashi"... you obviously don't appreciate the work they've done up until now if you can make such an accusation.

Quote:
Besides the lack of consideration that there are people who CANNOT play the game is amazing. Easy for you to say "buy the game and put the patch", well, I can't, why? my problem. I'm not rich you know. Lest let not forget we are at a fansub-piracy BT forum
Piracy will never be 'justified', no matter how rich or poor you are. Sure, it will still exist, but it never makes it alright. If you did enough research, you'd realize that a translation for both Minagoroshi and Matsuribayashi are in the works (and some patches already released), which is why kj and company don't spoil everything. The leaders of the t/l projects actually asked them not to spoil everything for people who want the proper experience of playing the game.

Don't try to use the excuse of "I'm just poor, please feel sorry for me, hand everything to me." This is a forum for dicussing matters related to Higurashi, not a piracy-bittorrent forum. Are many items of note acquired through torrents or piracy? Probably, but that doesn't make it justified. Besides, I don't even understand how this excuse is pertinent, since being poor doesn't prevent you from playing the game and patch. Sounds like you're just whining again.

Keep posting if you want, you're just making yourself look all the more foolish.
imac2much is offline  
Old 2006-10-24, 13:44   Link #33
aliensporebomb
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: mpls, mn, usa, urth
Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb Send a message via Skype™ to aliensporebomb
The other issue is that some people don't have the proper equipment to
play the game but that is neither here nor there - cost aside there are
some minimum hardware requirements for any game these days.

That being said: I've found out more about what I don't know about
this story just by reading these threads than anything else. It's too
bad that people can't be patient and wait. I suspect the people nice
enough to key in all of that data have lives and other things to do
besides keying in text all day? So I give my thanks to those who take
the time to do it.

And I get the idea that the 7th Expension team has been working on
this for at least a decade, the depth in this story is almost absurd for
what is ultimately an animated cartoon.

Prediction: once it catches on in the U.S. it will be licensed and
everyone will know about it. It just needs that "catch". I suspect
it will be absurdly popular too. I feel like we're members of a weird
little club who know about it before that tidal wave of interest.

But getting back to the idea that:

Spoiler:


One other thing:
Spoiler:
__________________

Last edited by aliensporebomb; 2006-10-26 at 11:40.
aliensporebomb is offline  
Old 2006-10-24, 13:48   Link #34
kj1980
kaii~...kana? kana?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regel View Post
1)2) Ok, but what is the SDF?
The SDF is an abbreviation of the Japan Self Defense Force

Due to the way the Constitution was written after WWII, Japan is not allowed to have any military forces persay. On the other hand, the US did not want to totally demilitarize Japan for the sake of nearby Communist influences (China, North Korea, and the Soviet Union). Hence, Japan "re-militarized" itself with "self-defense forces." Despite being a "self-defense force" its government expenditures (usually around 1% of the budget) makes it the sixth largest and most modern "military" force after the US, China, Russia, UK and France.

Although the SDF have been recently deployed to helping UN peacekeeping missions, their primary objective is to help out Japanese civilians during disasters (earthquakes, terrorism, etc. etc.) as well as defending ourselves from a nuclear threat called North Korea.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Caiobrz View Post
@Regel: SDF is the Janapese Federal Police (FBI + CIA)
No. The closest thing to a Japanese federal police is the NPA. The Police system of Japan, which outlines that the police is one big bureaucracy unlike the US where each police department is spearheaded by the city government. Besides, the SDF and the Police are notorious for disliking each other when it comes to terms of jurisdiction and control.

Considering the SDF's primary objectives in defending the homeland and providing disaster relief, the closest would actually be the US National Guard.

Last edited by kj1980; 2006-10-24 at 14:07.
kj1980 is offline  
Old 2006-10-24, 13:50   Link #35
aliensporebomb
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: mpls, mn, usa, urth
Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb Send a message via Skype™ to aliensporebomb
Exclamation I disagree with that assessment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caiobrz View Post
@Regel: SDF is the Janapese Federal Police (FBI + CIA)

@Klashikari: As I said I agree with your theory.

About the discrepancies, I don't actually remember what I posted =p

But I still stick to the fact that 100+ resets is far too many, Rika would have solved her problem long ago. 15~20 resets would problably be enough specially since she knew all about the hidden research facility and stuff.
I disagree. Rika may have come up with a method to combat what
happened but think about it:

She's a child, a young girl. She has her friends, but she has little or
no money, she has little in the way of resources and doesn't have the
physical brute strength needed to combat what is happening in that
town.

Takano has essentially infinite resources compared to Rika - she has
money, people (adults) and the assistance of the military (brute force,
weaponry, vehicles) and some of these people are not at all bothered
by using dirty deeds and tactics.

Plus, you don't know how little she retains after each reset - and where
each reset occurs. Does she get a days warning to prepare? 10 days?
a month? Six months? A year? Does she start all over again from birth?
You see?

Another issue that comes to mind:
If a young girl between 8-10 years old in your neighborhood started
going on about secret government conspiracies and/or her invisible
friend and curses, would you pat her on the head and say "that's
nice, now go play with your friends" or would you believe her?

See?
__________________
aliensporebomb is offline  
Old 2006-10-24, 13:51   Link #36
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Belgium, Brussels
Age: 28
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
err.. my mind is kinda twisted with all this stuff... nevermind.

back to the thread : in fact, you just said "discrepancies", nothing more.

but to your statement :
we absolutely don't know how many reset rika did.
also, keep in mind that the first resets were done for YEARS. (as stated with himatsubushi hen)
that said, there is not only this issue, don't forget that each world are DIFFERENT.
even if watanagashi and meakashi are kinda similar, they are NOT the same with another character point of view (some details prove it).

which mean that rika doesn't probably have a plan for every scenario.

in minagoroshi-hen, you would understand it quite easely with the 3 rules : X, Y Z.
with them, you can understand how rika is trapped, and need EVERYONE will to break that silly fate.

unfortunately, the whole minagoroshi prologue is required to explain the whole rule fact.
this explains in fact the "unvaidable" events, the random factors, and the avoidable scenes.

as for the "hidden" facility, i don't think this is the case, even when ire and takano analyzed her body.
in fact, she would only know that there is a "hinamizawa syndrom", and she "could have something to do with it".
Klashikari is online now  
Old 2006-10-24, 14:13   Link #37
Caiobrz
Frantic Waller
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brazil
Age: 36
Quote:
Uh, no. The closest thing to a Japanese federal police is the NPA. You should read the Police system of Japan, which outlines that the police is one big bureaucracy unlike the US where each police department is spearheaded by the city government. Besides, the SDF and the Police are notorious for disliking each other when it comes to terms of jurisdiction and control.
Sorry, I just said what I read at the fansub.

Quote:
Takano has essentially infinite resources compared to Rika - she has
money, people (adults) and the assistance of the military (brute force,
weaponry, vehicles) and some of these people are not at all bothered
by using dirty deeds and tactics.

Plus, you don't know how little she retains after each reset - and where
each reset occurs. Does she get a days warning to prepare? 10 days?
a month? Six months? A year? Does she start all over again from birth?
You see?

Another issue that comes to mind:
If a young girl between 8-10 years old in your neighborhood started
going on about secret government conspiracies and/or her invisible
friend and curses, would you pat her on the head and say "that's
nice, now go play with your friends" or would you believe her?
Yes, but I don't think that all that resources that Takano have can beat the fact that Rika has knowledge and infinite chances to change her life and Takano DOES NOT KNOW that ... so, what's the use of all those resources if she doesn't know Rika is reseting her life?

As I remember reading from KJ Q&A, and from the first clue on putting pieces together, she reset more than 100 times, and she goes back a few years and than this time reduces as Hanyu powers are getting weaker. Also, all she need to know is that she is going to get killed on summer 1983's Watanagashi's festival day, this is enough to start thinking about a trap.

I agree about the thing about "go play with your friends", but that's why I said she would need to talk to Oishi or whatever very early, so even at start they dismiss her as a child, when things start happening as she foretold, they would start giving her some credit don't you think? I mean, she foretold all the deaths, in detail, to Akasaka. He only learned too late that she was right. If she said that to Oishi instead of Akasaka, he would believe her by 1983 IMHO

Quote:
in minagoroshi-hen, you would understand it quite easely with the 3 rules : X, Y Z.
with them, you can understand how rika is trapped, and need EVERYONE will to break that silly fate.

unfortunately, the whole minagoroshi prologue is required to explain the whole rule fact.
this explains in fact the "unvaidable" events, the random factors, and the avoidable scenes.
er, where can I find this prologue, or I missed it at the tips? I read all of the pages though =/

Quote:
Prediction: once it catches on in the U.S. it will be licensed and
everyone will know about it. It just needs that "catch". I suspect
it will be absurdly popular too. I feel like we're members of a weird
little club who know about it before that tidal wave of interest.
Can't wait dude =p

I wonder if the DVD tips will be enough to help.

BTW as I see it, there is plenty of content to make a second season. Minagoroshi and Matsuribashihen seams to be really huge, before reading the clues I though "well they can make an OVA or a 12 episode follow up" ... but I think there is enough to make a full 26 episodes. I know studio deen is not that resourcefull, but HnNKn was such a huge sucess that they might consider doing it, after all ... profit XD

Last edited by Caiobrz; 2006-10-24 at 14:16. Reason: (added second season comments)
Caiobrz is offline  
Old 2006-10-24, 14:19   Link #38
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Belgium, Brussels
Age: 28
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
that's why i said "unfortunately", since i used the patch for the game ~~ (i should have edited my post, err sorry)
i'll try to get the prologue in text or summary it a bit.

anyway, the 3 rules told by frederica bernkastel are :

Rule X : someone will be mad and probably commit atrocities
Rule Y : nameless entity is after Tomitake and Takano, they are always dead. i will be killed as well, except some exceptions (rules X interfered)
Rule Z : the whole sonozaki issue is simply fear from a organized bluff

to be short, the Rule Z is feeding the paranoia of Rule X.
Rule Y has something to do with Rule X, and can be interfered by Rule X.

Frederica thinks that if you cannot break the 3 rules altogether, the fate won't be stopped. (even if you prevent rule X to happen, rule Z will feed it, and it will replay again. also, rule Z is covering Rule X : everyone think that sonozaki family is behind the bizarre events around hinamizawa)

(if anyone think i was interpreting it wrong, correct me ^^" )
Klashikari is online now  
Old 2006-10-24, 14:26   Link #39
MarthX
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Age: 29
The entire Minagoroshi prologue taken from the patch.

Hopefully it'll encourage more people to play the game. It's a good example how detailed it is.
MarthX is offline  
Old 2006-10-24, 14:36   Link #40
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Belgium, Brussels
Age: 28
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
huhu, sounds like i read carefullY the prologue, though i was a bit crude and vague XD.

anyway, about the season comment, like i said in the episode 26 thread, it won't happen i think.
the main reason of this is because it would require a whole prime season, the ova won't be enough (12-13 is a season in fact).
that said, as we could see, it would be better if deen make a whole 26 season, or it will be awfully butchered.

but the biggest concern about it : this kind of project is big enough to announce it.
and unfortunately, nothing for a second HNNKN season has been announced so far.

they do have the material, but we can't really say if the serie made a sufficient sucess to go on :/
Klashikari is online now  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:26.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.