AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-11-01, 02:55   Link #201
Cal-Reflector

Old 2006-11-02, 15:19   Link #202
Twelvth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
the thing i dont get is wht is koushi protrayed as being soo manly? even though hes weak as hell the scene in the bath where iroha visualizes koushi naked was soo dam funny! he even had a tatoo saying "MAN" on his back XDXD
I don't think the point is that he's so strong and powerfull manly, more that he is very much... MALE. And at that moment she's feeling very much FEMALE.

I'm really getting tired of everyone calling him a weak pansy though, because he isn't. The problem is he's very much a regular guy surrounded by situations and people that AREN'T. There are actually hints throughout the series that he is fairly physically capable, simply the fact that he was able to dodge the bears claws on his own for one, he simply refuses to train and has an aversion to violence. (one that he does seem to be getting over with time though.)
Twelvth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-02, 15:45   Link #203
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twelvth View Post
I'm really getting tired of everyone calling him a weak pansy though, because he isn't. The problem is he's very much a regular guy surrounded by situations and people that AREN'T. There are actually hints throughout the series that he is fairly physically capable, simply the fact that he was able to dodge the bears claws on his own for one, he simply refuses to train and has an aversion to violence. (one that he does seem to be getting over with time though.)

Right, Koushi is like a normal human surrounded by super-human freaks (who all assume he is super-human like they are, or just don't recognize the difference very well)

His father at least seems to think his only problem is that he doesnt train.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-02, 15:58   Link #204
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
yea i can say that he does have potential (and the genes) to become a super human but he doesnt do anything about it...hes too scared to fight mainly due to what happened to him before with the bully incident...thats why he relies on the law which isnt helping him much
physically he is capable but mentally hes a scardy cat...at the moment...but it would be good to see him protecting momoko once in a while

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-02, 16:17   Link #205
Ptolemi
Banned

Point taken is he is weak. He is weak compared to the other martial artists.

He is like the Batman in the Justice League. He is cool, but weak... well actually Batman was the shit and was pretty badass... on the other hand he hasn't shown anything YET besides dodging the bear claws...

he better have hidden powers or train and whoop ass or something i want a romantic show where the main male character isn't weak. I am tired of the guys being protected by the girls all the time when the romance anime has any type of super power thrown into it.

Anyways good anime.
Ptolemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-02, 17:26   Link #206
LCeh

You should read/watch History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi, that will give you romance + strong main male lead.

As for this show, I really digged the comedy in episode 4, and I especially liked Iroha. Can't wait to see more Iroha x Koushi moments.
LCeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-02, 17:38   Link #207
NeoSam

I as a "weak" male otaku would like to see more shounen/seinen manga adapted to anime that has weak males as the protagonists who are surrounded with super powerful fanservicy lolis.
Old 2006-11-02, 18:19   Link #208
monir
cho~ kakkoii

May I also add with fervor that I, too, want to see more super powerful loli fanservicey kind of show and weak hero as long as the hero isn't shorter than the heroine! If the hero develops some sort of super power in the course of the show, then I won't have anymore problem with the hero's being chibier than the heroine.

Bring it on!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-02, 19:55   Link #209
eggplant
Eggplant

Spoiler for Episode 5:

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-02, 21:12   Link #210
Ptolemi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
May I also add with fervor that I, too, want to see more super powerful loli fanservicey kind of show and weak hero as long as the hero isn't shorter than the heroine! If the hero develops some sort of super power in the course of the show, then I won't have anymore problem with the hero's being chibier than the heroine.

Bring it on!
Every single romance with super-powers has weak males.
Ptolemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-03, 02:20   Link #211
Twelvth

Which is way too many...

But you know, I wouldn't even necessarily call Koushi weak mentally... true, he started out a mental pansy, but he's toughened up on that end a bit. If he wasn't so set against learning martial arts he may get somewhere.

Problem is, by this point it would take him a while to get strong enough to be any use.

Don't see why he can't be both a prosecutor AND a martial artist...
Old 2006-11-03, 02:32   Link #212
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twelvth View Post
Don't see why he can't be both a prosecutor AND a martial artist...
Do you know how many hours a day a law student has to study in order to graduate? Do you know how many hours a day a top martial artist has to train? Let's just say that the total is getting uncomfortably close to impossible if he also wants to eat and sleep.

It might not be possible for him to fulfill both destinies.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-03, 02:36   Link #213
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Do you know how many hours a day a law student has to study in order to graduate? Do you know how many hours a day a top martial artist has to train? Let's just say that the total is getting uncomfortably close to impossible if he also wants to eat and sleep.

It might not be possible for him to fulfill both destinies.
That's almost certainly the intent of the author.
The "I can train on the weekend" mentality can work, but only if his aspirations didn't require his full attention.
Old 2006-11-03, 07:39   Link #214
Twelvth

He doesn't even HAVE any desires on one end.

But yes, having both looked into law school and practiced some martial arts in my time, I am well aware. Thus also my comment that even if he DID start training it would be way too late to do any good at all.

However, He's already shown ample knowledge of the law, and there would really be no reason for him to not pursue martial arts even casually. Some would likely be better than none.

Not that I'm not fine as it is, it's amusing and he'd easily be able to take care of himself if superpowered people weren't tryint to slaughter him and such, I'm just saying.
Old 2006-11-03, 08:18   Link #215
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Is this a dojo? Nice to meet you, I'm a new converted of Sumomomomomo....... fan !

Yoroshiku Onegaishimazu. ^_^;;
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-03, 10:08   Link #216
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post
I as a "weak" male otaku would like to see more shounen/seinen manga adapted to anime that has weak males as the protagonists who are surrounded with super powerful fanservicy lolis.
To me at least I always assume the Loli characters are super powerful by default, because it usually turns out that way anyway.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-03, 12:25   Link #217
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
and again ep 5 surpass my capacity to laugh my lught out
Spoiler:

@ secca...welcome to the mad world of sumomomo momomo!

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-03, 14:06   Link #218
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Yep. EP5:

Spoiler:

Some thoughts to would-be protectors of Koushi-dono:

Spoiler:
Old 2006-11-03, 14:09   Link #219
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Exclamation One more bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant View Post
Spoiler for Episode 5:
Yeah, that may have been a continuity issue. Why does she feel
the necessity to wear that on the weekends? It's not working.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-11-03, 14:38   Link #220
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant View Post
Spoiler for Episode 5:
Was there another funnier episode than episode 5?

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptolemi
Every single romance with super-powers has weak males.
But those shows compensate for the lack of strength in those male leads by giving ridiculous amount of strength to the female leads, and by equipping some of them with super-loli power. What more can an anime-fan want?

Seriously though, there are more than enough shows that have weak, stereotypical female. In fact, this show generates a lot of its comedy by displaying some of those steretypes, i.e. when Momoko's father tells her, "You are a girl, so you can't master our clan's ultimate technique. Momoko, you will marry the strongest man and produce the strongest babies to preserve our clan."

Do you see that even when the female is as strong as Momoko, she is stil being told that she isn't good enough because she is a girl. Girls are just baby making machine, that's according to Momoko's father (I won't ever say that. ) Really, just enjoy the shows as they are since even the crappiest of them have something good.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, romance, seinen