AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-09, 17:21   Link #1
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Someone posted a Moonphase link at the AnimeonDVD forums:

http://d.hatena.ne.jp/moonphase/20061109

He said something that a second season is coming next fall. Can anyone confirm that?
Old 2006-11-09, 17:33   Link #2
LCeh

I can't read Japanese, but I can read most kanji since I am chinese, and I am not sure if there is anything Haruhi related in that link.
Old 2006-11-09, 17:52   Link #3
darkchibi07

What about this part?

Quote:
>ハルヒ第二期がどんどん遠ざかっていくなあ・・・orz

ハルヒ第二期は、再来年予定だったのが、スケジュール前倒しになって、来年秋で確定だそうですよ。ちなみに 、ゼロの使い魔第二期も来年秋スタートで調整中らしい。

追記. 大きく取り上げたわけではないのに、ハルヒ二期の噂に対する反応が大きすぎて驚く。ちなみに情報元は、前に 新劇場版エヴァの速報を寄せてくれたのと同じ方からのタレコミです。
Old 2006-11-09, 17:57   Link #4
LCeh

Oh yes, you are right, he did mention about Haruhi. ハルヒ is Haruhi's first name. I am not entirely sure if it is about next season during next fall though, but I think it did mention about a CONFIRMATION next fall, and I think that means we will know by next fall when the second season will come, but I am not sure.

It also mentions about Zero no Tsukaima second season next fall, but unfortunately I can't make out the details.

Sorry I can't be much of a help.
Old 2006-11-09, 18:08   Link #5
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

When the sky falls upon our heads AGAIN.. we will know that the next season of Haruhi is under way.. :)
Old 2006-11-09, 19:06   Link #6
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

That's correct, according to cyan-san, the same source who announced the new Evangelion movie (which is confirmed now) said that there will be a second season for Suzumiya Haruhi scheduled for next year (2007) Fall.

Also mentioned in that entry (and this was mentioned in a few other places as well) is a second season of Zero no Tsukaima in the works too (by JC Staff), also scheduled for next year Fall.

Might as well translate that entry:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOON PHASE
Haruhi season two was originally planned for the year after next year, but the schedule was sped up and now it looks like it's confirmed for next year Fall. By the way, it looks like a Zero no Tsukaima season two is also in works for a next year Fall start as well.

PS. I'm surprised at the huge response towards the Haruhi second season rumor, even though I didn't even talk about it all that much. By the way, the source is a wire from the same person who provided me with the announcement of the new Eva movie earlier.

Last edited by Sushi-Y; 2006-11-09 at 19:27.
Old 2006-11-09, 19:13   Link #7
LCeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y View Post
That's correct, according to cyan-san, the same source who announced the new Evangelion movie (which is confirmed now) said that there will be a second season for Suzumiya Haruhi scheduled for next year (2007) Fall.

Also mentioned in that entry (and this was mentioned in a few other places as well) is a second season of Zero no Tsukaima in the works too (by JC Staff), also scheduled for next year Fall.
Oh wow. I can't believe it. I hope his info is true. Thank you so much for the translation Sushi-Y!
Old 2006-11-09, 19:22   Link #8
Woland
Latin Rascal

The sky is falling!

Ok, this is a really good news (what I was eagerly waiting) but it's better to calm down and wait for something official.
Old 2006-11-09, 19:43   Link #9
Noppapana
> Haruhiist <

Send a message via MSN to Noppapana
i cant wait till there is torrent 'Suzumiya Haruhi season2 trailer'
Old 2006-11-09, 21:31   Link #10
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
TMoSH season two AND ZnT season two confirmed to be on the way...wow...

*dances all over the room until his heart explodes*
Old 2006-11-10, 03:47   Link #11
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:

Might as well translate that entry:
*Please make it be true and confirmed by their studio*

If Haruhi is made by KyoAni again, does it mean that Lucky Star gonna be a 13ish episodes anime?
Old 2006-11-13, 00:04   Link #12
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

(Regarding ZnT 2, I thought the anime changed a bunch of stuff, ending the war in an ep that should have lasted far longer. But I don't really know.)

So, if this rumor were true, would that make Haruhi the show KyoAni works on after Kanon and that whatever-it-was series they were doing next?

Hmmm.... Would the rest of Haruhi fit in 26 episodes? Volumes 2 and 4 would make two arcs of 6 eps... Another of the volumes is more short stories, and then there's one more 'story' volume, right? I'm reading the Baka translation...
Old 2006-11-13, 01:58   Link #13
diopter

They probably could fit the rest of SHnY into a 26 episode season, but I doubt it. It is more likely that more money is made in the long run if the series is split up into 2 13-episode runs (franchise will last longer as opposed to 1 full season, just think Full Metal Panic).

KaneDragon: The next anime after Kanon is Lucky Star.

As far as when SHnY will be aired, I do hope it's next Fall season. Makes sense as Kanon will finish at the end of March; 2 months or so for preparation of Lucky Star, and air that during summer; a wait of 2 months to prepare the series to be aired in the Fall season. I can hardly wait for any sort of confirmation from KyoAni .
Old 2006-11-13, 02:26   Link #14
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Can KyoAni be working on Planetarian OVA sometime next year as well?

Let's see how things go. Suzuharu2 certainly is likely, considering how much clout it has gathered.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2006-11-13, 09:14   Link #15
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by diopter View Post
They probably could fit the rest of SHnY into a 26 episode season, but I doubt it. It is more likely that more money is made in the long run if the series is split up into 2 13-episode runs (franchise will last longer as opposed to 1 full season, just think Full Metal Panic).

KaneDragon: The next anime after Kanon is Lucky Star.

As far as when SHnY will be aired, I do hope it's next Fall season. Makes sense as Kanon will finish at the end of March; 2 months or so for preparation of Lucky Star, and air that during summer; a wait of 2 months to prepare the series to be aired in the Fall season. I can hardly wait for any sort of confirmation from KyoAni .
I would think that two 13 episode series seperated by more than a year would generate more DVD sales too. People who couldn't afford to buy a 26 episode series but could a 13 episode series could end up with all 26 episodes, bought a little over a year apart.
Old 2006-11-13, 10:09   Link #16
Woland
Latin Rascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by diopter View Post
Lucky Star (it's confirmed as TV series?) is planned for next spring, so it's just after Kanon conclusion without any pause. If this rumor is confirmed the new season will probably start in the first week of October after a three month stop in the summer.

Thinking about that, it's very likely to have the adaptation of "Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody", "Endless Eight" and "SHnS[houshitsu]"... quite a warped season
Old 2006-11-16, 16:20   Link #17
Kisuke06
I see...

OMG *explosion*

Haruhi AND ZnT second season! AWESOME news!!

I hope it's true.
Old 2006-11-16, 20:50   Link #18
bl4xb0x
AKA Merlow
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to bl4xb0x Send a message via MSN to bl4xb0x Send a message via Yahoo to bl4xb0x
It is a rather long wait, but I think it will be worth it.

I wonder if it will contain content from the Novels past EP 7...?
Old 2006-11-19, 21:18   Link #19
darkchibi07

Quote:
Don't get too excited. Remember the number one rule when it comes to second seasons: "It doesn't exist until the anime production company says it does". In other words, all announcements are merely speculations until they're official.
Since you put in generic terms, that means ANY animation production can get this and not just KyoAni, right? Imagine the second worst-case scenario that KyoAni doesn't get this, and someone else gets it like Madhouse or Gonzo!

Old 2006-11-19, 21:36   Link #20
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

(I don't want to think of that possibility. It does happen, but traditionally it is due to the previous firm producing a sub-par version... a recent example would be Negima.)

Suzumiya Haruhi season 2 set in Disappearance would be my dream come true. Seeing a movie for 1 of the major stories would also be quite cool...

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Closed Thread