AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: So what should take place?
Keep advancing the Gundams, don't scale-back at all... 42 20.90%
For the love of God scale-back these unstoppable, unrealistic suits... 86 42.79%
Just keep it more or less the same...no drastic changes eitherway... 36 17.91%
wingdarkness, does this really even matter dude? 37 18.41%
Voters: 201. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-11-09, 12:52   Link #501
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Yeah, never could stand them. Why do you think we bring them up so much?
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-09, 13:16   Link #502
tritoch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Yeah, never could stand them. Why do you think we bring them up so much?
Trying to rationalize our opinions about Gundam in a sensible realistic matter I guess.
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-09, 15:38   Link #503
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Remember folks: Every time someone brings up physics in an anime, god kills a catgirl! Think of the catgirls! =P
True as that is, it's worth discussing >.>
Old 2006-11-09, 19:08   Link #504
anselfir
Style ber Alles

A show like this seeks to create an image, an impression. On the visual side of things, the creators of the show can only create pixels, which create an impression on the viewer by being meaningful. The actual definition of meaningful and its extent aside, there exist some viewers who want to associate the pixels/images to objects that resemble those found in real life, or those found in a memory/understanding of the real world. Suppose this situation: Assuming these people are the majority, the anime creators want their creation to behave in a manner that would appeal to the aforementioned viewers' sense of realism. But they only do this in order to convey to these viewers the desired impressions.

This is a rationalization of the creators' motive, but I believe they will put the picture they see, interpreted/framed by their own sense of realism, before them as "the work," since it is much more difficult and less fluid/rapid to conceive what others see or feel. Since these are images and pixels, their shape and form are tied to reality only by the hands of their creator. There is no gravity to guide the movement of a MS as it arches across space, unlike games with physics engines, for example.

For the viewers who want to understand teh pixels and images as "something" rather than simply pixels and images, particularly for those who want to see them as objects found in the real world, objects that can be understood(after all the viewer views an anime on a tv, or on a computer, located in teh real world, and the action of watching an anime is a real world action, so it is to be expected that some of them might want to engage in this particular speculation).
Old 2006-11-09, 20:05   Link #505
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Remember folks: Every time someone brings up physics in an anime, god kills a catgirl! Think of the catgirls! =P
I do! Uncontrolled catgirl population growth would bring about an ecological disaster! Everybody should do more to counter this threat. I do my part by killing as many catgirls as possible.
Won't someone please think of the children!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anselfir View Post
For the viewers who want to understand teh pixels and images as "something" rather than simply pixels and images, particularly for those who want to see them as objects found in the real world, objects that can be understood(after all the viewer views an anime on a tv, or on a computer, located in teh real world, and the action of watching an anime is a real world action, so it is to be expected that some of them might want to engage in this particular speculation).
This is much the same reason why we make the effort to understand the characters as people rather than simple pictures on a screen. The why of it isn't particularly important, but it's not impossible to think of onscreen events as if they are accurate representations of actual events (sort of like the suspension of disbelief). Applying physics to these events can make the process more interesting for those of us who indulge in it. It's sort of the reason why we even bother to discuss the shows at all. Alternatively, the goal is just to kill more catgirls.
Old 2006-11-09, 20:48   Link #506
kiramuro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Seriously, if you want it to be balanced and believable while maintaining the same standards for grunts and heroes, there's really only one choice.

Keep the grunts to the grunts, and keep the heroes to the heroes.

It's that simple.

The Gundam/High-spec MS piloting pilots have the priveledge of fighting merely among themselves.

Eg. Kira will not kill more than 10 grunts in the whole 50 episodes. He'll instead be facing the boss class enemies ONLY for most parts. (( 98% of the time. ))

And the grunties to the grunties.

No more than 10 good/bad grunts will get killed by the heroes/bosses. The grunts will be too busy fighting their level of opponents, the aces will be busy fighting their own.
I like this idea better than anything else. Kira shouldn't be allowed to pick on n00bs. I actually think the mobile suits is underpowered. I expect to see 80 ton machines running on fusion reactors to have enough destructive capability to flatten small cities. I also think the whole neutron jammer business is silly.
kiramuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-09, 21:10   Link #507
tritoch

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
I do! Uncontrolled catgirl population growth would bring about an ecological disaster! Everybody should do more to counter this threat. I do my part by killing as many catgirls as possible.
Won't someone please think of the children!

This is much the same reason why we make the effort to understand the characters as people rather than simple pictures on a screen. The why of it isn't particularly important, but it's not impossible to think of onscreen events as if they are accurate representations of actual events (sort of like the suspension of disbelief). Applying physics to these events can make the process more interesting for those of us who indulge in it. It's sort of the reason why we even bother to discuss the shows at all. Alternatively, the goal is just to kill more catgirls.

This post made my day.. again! =p
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-09, 21:59   Link #508
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

No no, evertime we talk about physics in anime, Goddess Walkure Brunhilde und Gunnr und Skuld und Freya give me a cat girl. Why do you think I brought up the same subject over and over again?

- Tak (Obviously, I am secretly creating a harem in my backyard)

There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.

Get strong like ROCK! Not weak like Barack! Putincize now!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-09, 22:06   Link #509
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
^Here here...Now that's what I'm talking about (Minus the demise of kittens ofcourse xD)...