AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2006-11-11, 05:26   Link #1
Bella Kiss

D/L won't start

Ok, I've had BT before, and it's always worked fine, but recently I upgraded from Windows ME to XP and lost the program. I also got a Firewall program (Norton Anti-Virus) that has been the root of a lot of my downloading problems as of late.

I re-downloaded BT recently, but when I try to download a file, my connection doesn't start. Next to "Time elapsed" it just says "Starting up..."

At first I thought it was just going a little slow but after 30 minutes or so it still has that message. I'm not sure what the problem is, I've turned off the Auto-Protect option on my anti-virus software and I don't know what else to do. I'm not much of a computer smart person so any help would be appreciated greatly!
Bella Kiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-11, 07:31   Link #2
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix Send a message via Skype™ to demonix
Well I'm not to sure but I thought I'd better ask a few questions which may hold the answer to your problem.

1. Have you given the client permission to go past your firewall to connect to the internet
2. Are you connected to a router and if so have you forwarded your ports
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-11, 15:37   Link #3
Bella Kiss

1. How do I give clients permission to go past my firewall? Aside from turning off Auto-Protect, I have no idea how it works @__@
2. I don't think i'm connected to a router...
Old 2006-11-11, 15:49   Link #4
Nidas

I have Norton as well, and I can categorically say it is almost certainly Norton's fault (this coming from a bitter Norton user lol). Try:

1. Norton Internet Security > Status and Settings > Personal Firewall > Configure. A window should pop up.
2. On the new window, click the Programs tab. Now find your torrent client (you may have to run a program scan first or add it manually). Change its settings to Permit All. Then click OK.

Depending on your torrent client, that might solve the problem. Norton seems to flat out hate some clients (like BitTornado) so that might also be the problem. I use uTorrent with Norton and it doesn't have any problems
Nidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-11, 20:21   Link #5
Bella Kiss

Thank you Nidas I was running Norton Anti-Virus 2005 and I upgraded to the 2006 version (which has seemingly helped- the d/l has at least started) If I have any other problems I'll try that, and I feel your pain! I definately fall under the category of bitter Norton users

Thanks again for the help!