AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-03-23, 15:40   Link #21
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Gotta Love I'v

I think i like I've's girls is because majority of them have great voiced and plus there style of music is to my likeing. I just dont stick to one style of music i like almost everything. I will say that KOTOKO is my fav her music just touches me and also makes me want to dance. I havent listen to a lot of Lia but i do like her voice and i agree her OP single for Air was great so i think i might listen to more of her. The techno/trance i love as well. Beign somewhat of a raver i go clubbing frequently to see my favorite DJ's and im lucky since i live so close to Washington D.C. there is always an abudent of DJ's coming to town. so thats why i like both styles. Also if anyone has an recommnedations please tell me im always looking for new music. maybe some I'VE singers i havent heard of yet.
__________________

Last edited by Sinestra; 2006-03-24 at 18:19.
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-22, 06:23   Link #22
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Send a message via ICQ to zalas
For anyone interested... it's been recently reported that both SHIHO and MOMO have "graduated" from I've. MOMO will be taking part in her own music group, POR (http://www.por-music.com/) and SHIHO will be taking part in her brother's creation, STARAVID (http://staravid.com/). C.G Mix, normally known for his instrumental work on the I've songs, is also coming out with his very own album (http://www.neowing.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=GNCA-1094).
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-26, 04:23   Link #23
Hiruma_ya_ha
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Carson, California
1.I mostly listen to rap and Hip hop

2. The reason is that i've grown up with people who listen to it so I've pretty much been listening to it since i was a toddler


3. I'm a real big fan f Lil Wayne's music
__________________
Hiruma_ya_ha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-04, 04:43   Link #24
shiro83
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Loves the music style. My favorite is Velocity of Sound by Momo.
shiro83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-01, 16:46   Link #25
Akito
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
I've Sound

I thought that I´ve deserved a thread because of the many songs and artists that them have, and now that I´ve is doing some anime OPs and EDs _I think that popularity is gonna increase. (I hope so! )
Gradually I am more and more fan of them, with a unique musical style.
I have listened to I´ve girls compilation vol until #5, the more I listen to, the more that I like it

I also like to copy by ear some I´ve songs and arrange them in my keyboard.

Anyone here likes I´ve sound?
Akito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-01, 18:26   Link #26
SpiritedSen
Anime Geek
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
I love J-Pop, and really cute, bouncy, punky music! My fave bands are Plus-Tech Squeeze, Mad Capsule Markets, and New Found Glory. Also, I really like bluegrass, really great singing voices!
__________________
In the name of the wind and the water within thee...Unbind her.

Sig made by mpw3d
SpiritedSen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-01, 21:23   Link #27
outlaw97
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
I like I've BECAUSE they have that trancey/electronica sound to them, although their slower pieces are pretty good as well. Though I find that I can't listen to them for extended periods of time - the songs tend to blend together for me after about 2 hours.

For vocals, Lia is probably my top choice, followed closely by Momo, Mami Kawada, and Kotoko. Which is an odd ordering, because the further you go down the list, the more songs I actually listen from said artist. Tori no Uta still blows me away to this day.

Besides the trance aspects, I love how certain songs nail a particular mood down so well. For instance, if I'm feeling moody and dark, I'll fire up Momo's Drowning. Or if I'm programming, Lia's Disentegration will be on my playlist. The only subgenre of I've I rarely listen to are the super-cutsey ones (usually for H-game OPs), where the vocalists sound like chipmunks.

Glad to hear that Momo is moving to do her own stuff, I'll be looking forward to it. Though we hear of people graduating I've, has anyone heard of NEW talent coming in? I hope so, because I use I've Sound to combat my friends who are Morning Musume fanatics.

*pictures massive battle between I've and MM*
outlaw97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-02, 03:33   Link #28
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw97
Besides the trance aspects, I love how certain songs nail a particular mood down so well. For instance, if I'm feeling moody and dark, I'll fire up Momo's Drowning. Or if I'm programming, Lia's Disentegration will be on my playlist. The only subgenre of I've I rarely listen to are the super-cutsey ones (usually for H-game OPs), where the vocalists sound like chipmunks.
Well, those songs are actually for the cutesy/comedic games. The more serious/dark H-games have the cooler sounding songs, in my opinion. However, the corresponding H-games are also rather disturbing, mostly featuring rape, etc.
Quote:
Glad to hear that Momo is moving to do her own stuff, I'll be looking forward to it. Though we hear of people graduating I've, has anyone heard of NEW talent coming in? I hope so, because I use I've Sound to combat my friends who are Morning Musume fanatics.

*pictures massive battle between I've and MM*
Reina is the most recently added I've utahime.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-19, 09:20   Link #29
Maxmilian
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Age: 27
Send a message via ICQ to Maxmilian
Quote:
Originally Posted by microlith
1. What genre I've music do you like?

I've girls have been mostly what I listen to from them. Not a big fan of trance.

2. What was the main reason you became a fan of I've music?

Onegai Teacher and KANON. Their sound is excellent and they do a wonderful job composing the songs. Can't really say a whole lot more.

3. Is there any particular artist you like?

Too many of them.

KOTOKO is good, but I really like a lot of the songs by the other girls more. As you say, Lia is awesome especially with disintegration and -SHIFT-世代の向こう. Songs with multiple girls doing the vocals are fun too ("You're my Treasure" with KOTOKO, Y. AKI, and RIMMIKA)

While I was in Japan I managed to find Regret, Verge, Outflow, and Disintegration used (which is REALLY FRIGGING HARD) but I never did find their 4th or 6th CDs.

A good site for I've Girls fans: http://www.ivesound.jp
You mentioned here the song ,,You´re my treasure,, from KOTOKO. Do you know where I could download this song? I searched the whole internet and couldn´t find it. Please if anybody knows where I can get it let me know.
Maxmilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-19, 13:38   Link #30
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxmilian
You mentioned here the song ,,You´re my treasure,, from KOTOKO. Do you know where I could download this song? I searched the whole internet and couldn´t find it. Please if anybody knows where I can get it let me know.
You can get a sample short version from the erogame maker's site:
http://www.phoenix-c.or.jp/bluegale/...p3/spotl_s.mp3
If you want the full version, you'll have to buy the CD. Asking for illegal MP3s is not allowed on this forum.
__________________
~Yoda is waiting in the air~ | HAVEN | encubed: visual novel translation news site
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-19, 15:37   Link #31
Flame-X
Anti-fan
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Earth
It all started with Onegai Teacher. I liked the OP song by KOTOKO then I heard about this I've Girls thing and she was part of it. Bought lots of CDs especially the compilation albums. Probably my fav songs from them so far is Asu E No Namida by Kawada Mami and Kaze No Tadori Tsuku Basho by Ayana. Soft techno and trance is my type of music. ^^
__________________
Flame-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-20, 17:40   Link #32
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Age: 27
1. I seem to enjoy I've Girls tracks the most out of all of I've music. I really enjoy their blend of electronica, rock and pop. I am very attracted to what I like to call "J-dance" (like Eurodance is to Europe).


2. Main reason I like I've? Well like I mentioned above, I really enjoy that mix of electronica, rock and pop. Back in 1999 until 2004 I used to be VERY into Trance, House, Ambient/Chillout. That area of music was my main source of music. I still enjoy Electronica, but not nearly as much as before. It seems Asian Pop has taken over as my main interest. So this is like the best of both worlds, Jpop with some Electronica.

3. There are a few artists that stand out. I won't include KOTOKO since she's a given, but from the lesser known I've Girls, I really enjoy:

Mami Kawada or MAMI: She's got a lot of great tracks, and she seems to focus on upbeat electro songs, which is right up my alley. I think my first Mami Kawada track was Tiny Days, which was featured on some Onegai Teacher Sound Collection. But I really got into her when I heard Asu e no Namida, the ED for Onegai Twins. A lot of Mami's lyrics seem to be written by KOTOKO. I think she gets mistaken as KOTOKO sometimes, from what I see.

MELL: MELL's only gotten recent "mainstream" exposure due to her Black Lagoon OP red fraction, which I actually wasn't all that fond of >_>. That song was a case of too much rock/hard electronica. She has a great voice, and she sings pretty well in English. I'm a fan of her slow ballads. Listen to Permit (Permit and Permit ~Yurushi no Tou~), and Hello Goodbye to see what I mean.

Eiko Shimamiya or EIKO: She's just so versatile. She can do the upbeat trancey tunes, she can do the downtempo style, the acoustic ballads. Actually I think EIKO was microlith's favourite I've Girl. She also recently did an anime OP, that was for Higurashi no Naka Koro ni.

Lia: Aah Lia. Of course the very first track I heard was Tori no Uta, but of course I looked for other material right away. Lia is diverse like Eiko.

FISH TONE (Atsuhiko Nakatsubo): The first FISH TONE track for me happened to be Lia - Birthday Song, Requiem (Fish Tone Remix). And I fell in love right there.

I can't forget about Kazuya Takase, who is one of the main music producers for I've.
__________________
Timeless Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-12, 17:33   Link #33
Number XIII Roxas
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
1. What genre I've music do you like?
I just dont like the ballads.... They´re........boring....(please dont kill me O.O). I really love the trance and ive girls XDD.

2. What was the main reason you became a fan of I've music?
Its different from "normal" music, they use weird-cool sounds and the girls have amazing voices.

3. Is there any particular artist you like?
KOTOKO XDDDDDarticularly agony and Re-Sublimity XDDD; Mami: Hishoku no sora ,i looove it; C.G mix: he's not a girl....but his music is powerfully sticky and his vocals are really good, ive only heard 2 though, his PV Version up is really cool (can he really play 6 synthesizers at the same time?); MELL :she has agressivelly cool songs like Red Fraction and Spiral; and EIKO: she has some really.....hmm....interesting? XDD trancey songs like higurashi no naku koroni
Number XIII Roxas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-18, 19:12   Link #34
Gaia
ROW! ROW! FIGHT DA POWAH!
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Germany
Age: 29
---1. What genre I've music do you like?

Trance is sweet. All sub genres are okay, as long, as they're well done and a bit catchy, like most of KOTOKOs tracks.
Why? hmm... I grew up with eurodance, that's probably the reason.

---2. What was the main reason you became a fan of I've music?

I didn't even knew, that it was I've music. It was like...

Listened...
KOTOKO - Great artist!
Listened... Not my taste...
... Listened... Not my taste
Listened... Not my taste...
Listened... Kawada Mami? Sweet!
Listened... Not my taste...
... Listened... Not my taste
Listened... Lia? <3

And in the end, there was a massive lol-effect.

---3. Is there any particular artist you like?

Already mentioned above. KOTOKO, Kawada Mami and Lia. While watching Higurashi, I became interested in Shimamiya Eiko. I got the OP single and once I got some time and interest, I try to get a list of her works.

Aesir
Gaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-18, 20:25   Link #35
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Gensokyo
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500 Send a message via Skype™ to USB500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas View Post
1. What genre I've music do you like? (For example, there's the I've girls (utahime), I've trance, etc) Is there any particular reason you like those genres?
2. What was the main reason you became a fan of I've music?
3. Is there any particular artist you like? (Please do not list 10 artists ^^; Either listing a few or stating you have no real preference would be fine)
1. Since I've music genres are mostly technos, I tend to listen to their techno-beat songs. However, I've utahime is the genre I listen to the most.
2. I think it was because of Onegai! Teacher? I had the chance to listen to Shooting Stars (KOTOKO) and I was like "hmm.... a techno song that is different. I better check it out." However, that song was the only I've song I knew (and that was about it) I downloaded Guilty Gear XX#R combo movies. Only then I noticed some of the videos used I've songs (and the CM with Mell's song Last In Blue is among the best).
3. Fave? I think I like all of them, but my personal top lists are KOTOKO, Kawada Mami, Shimamiya Eiko and Lia.

/me hearts KOTOKO & Lia the most <3
__________________
USB500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-01, 15:53   Link #36
Onizuka90
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
1.- I listen to both genres, and i really like both, from trance i like HARD STUFF music, Fish Tone and NueroSocietia and G.M.S, I liked Growling Mad Scientist before I've and when i found they made some I'VE remixes i got them and really liked them. Utahimes i really like every girl, or at last there is one song i really like from every girl. I like this genres because for example, the trance i like it mainly because almost all these late years i listened to this genre because a friend made me addict to this genre, i find it interesting and different from regular trance and utahimes, i really didn't like it that much, until i hear KnM Kotoko's songs.
2.- Becuse of Kotoko, i first heard Shooting Star and Second flight from the please! series and i totally liked her voice and the music.
3.- As i said before, i lke almost every girl that was and that is in I'VE, but i like the most Kotoko, from her i really like her trance stuff, and some slow songs, i like I Deal Forest, all her anime related songs, Abyss, etc. Eiko i found her voice really beautiful, and if liked Kotoko's , i totally fell in love with Eiko's voice, i like Ouji yo-tuki no urakara( beautiful!!), a lot from her albums, likee Ulysses, Higurashi, and the ones where she makes chorus like wing my way and greedy , also i like Healing Leaf songs( Mami & Eiko), Lia, i love and will love forever Tori no uta, also like light colors and disintegration,MELL, almost all her songs, and from boys i like Tsutsumi inosuke's stuff, as well as c.g mix i like detect, version up and preserve.
What i have learned from I'VE is that sometimes you start listening to a song, and you think 'Oh , this sounds boring, i'd better listen to something else' but sometimes you hear the same 'boring' song, and you listen to all of it and you find that you really like it, or some parts of the song.

Last edited by Onizuka90; 2006-11-01 at 16:22.
Onizuka90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-14, 01:28   Link #37
Papaya
Sup
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Atlanta
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
I adore I'VE.

The first I'VE song was Last Regrets (X'Mas version) by Eiko. I instantly fell in love, and spent days searching out the other versions of Last Regrets. Then one day I saw the Kanon series available for download. It quickly became my favorite, despite that I'm normally a fan of serious war-centered anime.

Since then I've been a big fan of I'VE.
I dislike Kotoko.
My favorite is Mako.
I also love Lia and Ayana.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-31, 19:26   Link #38
Same_Shark
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Hellhole, Louisiana
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaya View Post
I adore I'VE.

The first I'VE song was Last Regrets (X'Mas version) by Eiko. I instantly fell in love, and spent days searching out the other versions of Last Regrets. Then one day I saw the Kanon series available for download. It quickly became my favorite, despite that I'm normally a fan of serious war-centered anime.

Since then I've been a big fan of I'VE.
I dislike Kotoko.
My favorite is Mako.
I also love Lia and Ayana.
Out of those women you listed, Kotoko is the only still with I've.
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-19, 02:39   Link #39
XtraRyce
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Shimamiya Eiko takes the cake

i like almost everything that she did in I've



but probably, the best i have heard so far is Snow -Album Mix-
__________________
XtraRyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 22:01   Link #40
Ledgem
Love Yourself
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Northeast USA
Age: 28
I've Sound: any news?

This is the closest thing we have to an I've Sound thread, and as much as it pains me to revive it, I'll bring it back to ask if anyone has any news on the group's members.
__________________
Ledgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:19.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.