AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Negima

Notices

View Poll Results: Negima Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 3 8.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 30.56%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 36.11%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 16.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 5.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.78%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-11-21, 18:54   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: U.K. Hampshire
Negima Episode 8 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Negima, Episode 8!

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for raws.
  • Try to keep spoilers from the Manga out of the anime thread.
    If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the Manga, either PM them or use clearly marked Spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.

Spoiler Tag Example
[spoiler=title]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler]
...becomes...
Spoiler for title:
xris is offline  
Old 2006-11-22, 13:40   Link #2
TnAdct1
Honya-kun
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Clinton, Maryland
Spoiler:


Anyways, it appears that Nodoka is the other girl that shines in this episode, as most of the episode is set at Library Island, and there's a series of eyecatches featuring the characters that appear in this episode sporting the glasses that she wears in cosplay form (I've taken it that meganekko Nodoka is a huge hit).
__________________
TnAdct1 is offline  
Old 2006-11-22, 14:37   Link #3
Burning Man
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
Spoiler:


Anyways, it appears that Nodoka is the other girl that shines in this episode, as most of the episode is set at Library Island, and there's a series of eyecatches featuring the characters that appear in this episode sporting the glasses that she wears in cosplay form (I've taken it that meganekko Nodoka is a huge hit).
Disagree with that i do so much. Glasses Nodoka look ugly.
Burning Man is offline  
Old 2006-11-22, 15:52   Link #4
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
I prefer Nodoka without glasses as well... but apparently the slobbering fanboys in Akihibara speak otherwise (assuming they're using survey checks.

Watched the raw of ep 8 ....
It is fascinating in that it looks like we may get most of the bits we want to see animated in this series but told in topsy-turvy ways (Setsuna’s special features, a trip to the library, Nodoka goodness, Sayo’s situation and maybe back story later, etc).
I have this vision of a huge whiteboard in the studio with every story segment ever done in Negima tacked to it with magnets and they’re combining them depending on the brainstorm silliness of the week.

My assessment that the overall them of the show is "Negima omake silly" appears to be holding up mostly...

We get bits of Kaede and Setsuna in addition to Nodoka and the twins this time.

If you don't mind me asking, burning man, what *is* your primary language?
Vexx is offline  
Old 2006-11-22, 15:55   Link #5
Scorpio3.14
Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Man View Post
Disagree with that i do so much. Glasses Nodoka look ugly.
Do you even watch the episodes? You've voted a 1 on pretty much every episode so far as soon as the Raws come out. I have a hard time believing that someone who hates every episode so much would bother both downloading and watching each Raw as soon as they come out...

Anyways, I thought it was another good episode. Nothing spectacular, but definitely funny and entertaining Glad to see they are picking up the storyline again as well as focus on some new characters. Although...

Spoiler:
Scorpio3.14 is offline  
Old 2006-11-22, 16:11   Link #6
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
well im the pactio with the twins were expected...but i loved the way the writers did it...it was full of atmosphere and the BGM was exellent for it...yep i think it was planned all along too and its just a matter of time till the whole class joins negi in his room for the secret talk

lots of randoms scenes and for me to even try to summerize would be crazy
the extreme face expressions was creepy but it reminded me of good old Pani Poni Dash

no baka rangers this time but something else thats equally funny ^_^

btw anyone notice a new scene in the OP? damit i can see what number it is T_T
Spoiler:
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline  
Old 2006-11-22, 16:29   Link #7
Cai Calamigarde
Memento mori...
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Istanbul
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
well im the pactio with the twins were expected...but i loved the way the writers did it...it was full of atmosphere and the BGM was exellent for it...yep i think it was planned all along too and its just a matter of time till the whole class joins negi in his room for the secret talk

lots of randoms scenes and for me to even try to summerize would be crazy
the extreme face expressions was creepy but it reminded me of good old Pani Poni Dash

no baka rangers this time but something else thats equally funny ^_^

btw anyone notice a new scene in the OP? damit i can see what number it is T_T
Spoiler:
noo, it was there from the 2nd eps, i mean skirt whatever... i dont find it funny though
__________________
If you'd stab a knife into my shadow, you'd see my warm blood dripping.

Faint pieces of light, I grasp, subversively, in spite of the pain rushing...
Cai Calamigarde is offline  
Old 2006-11-22, 16:42   Link #8
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
The skirt has been there a few episodes.. its more of an "ah ha, gotcha!!" to see who's paying attention.

Scorpio3.14 : religious zealotry comes in many forms
Vexx is offline  
Old 2006-11-22, 16:56   Link #9
TnAdct1
Honya-kun
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Clinton, Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio3.14 View Post
Anyways, I thought it was another good episode. Nothing spectacular, but definitely funny and entertaining Glad to see they are picking up the storyline again as well as focus on some new characters. Although...

Spoiler:
Spoiler for possible manga spoilers:
__________________
TnAdct1 is offline  
Old 2006-11-22, 17:02   Link #10
Burning Man
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Vexx: Mexico. Spanish I speak. Learn english i not too well. i stupid. :-P English hard!

Scorpio3.14: Watch i do to find bad places. Glasses Nodoka one of them.

Deathkillz: Look at shadow of girl. Nodoka it look to be.
Burning Man is offline  
Old 2006-11-22, 17:17   Link #11
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
The skirt has been there a few episodes.. its more of an "ah ha, gotcha!!" to see who's paying attention.
oh damit...i blame myself for blinking too much

nodoka with glasses look really cute imo...but it could just be a glasses fetish of mine
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline  
Old 2006-11-22, 17:34   Link #12
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Man View Post
Vexx: Mexico. Spanish I speak. Learn english i not too well. i stupid. :-P English hard!

Scorpio3.14: Watch i do to find bad places. Glasses Nodoka one of them.

Deathkillz: Look at shadow of girl. Nodoka it look to be.
Just curious.. sometimes your grammar has more of an asian feel to it and sometimes more of a Latin-derived grammar sense (of which Spanish is a descendent like German, French, and parts of English). Keep practicing though .... I know just enough spanish to work my through a mexican grocery store and order food in a restaurant (we have a large Hispanic community in our area). I picked up some German back in high school and am currently learning Japanese.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nodoka is the one losing her skirt --- she has the maximum embarrassment response and the cartoon Law of 'Has to Happen' says that it should be her
Vexx is offline  
Old 2006-11-22, 18:03   Link #13
Scorpio3.14
Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Man View Post
Scorpio3.14: Watch i do to find bad places. Glasses Nodoka one of them.
So you watch something you hate so you can find more things you don't like about it??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if Nodoka is the one losing her skirt --- she has the maximum embarrassment response and the cartoon Law of 'Has to Happen' says that it should be her
I'm actually thinking its Chisame. Mainly because in episode #5, around the 11:26 mark her skirt falls down in a very similar way that reminded me of the OP. Just seemed to similar to be a coincidence to me Then again maybe I'm reading to much into it lol
Scorpio3.14 is offline  
Old 2006-11-22, 18:40   Link #14
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
Could be... I have not a shred of evidence to back up my claim
They don't number the girls in that sequence do they?
Vexx is offline  
Old 2006-11-22, 20:58   Link #15
djmaca
My Girl ↓
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Update: Ortigas, Pasig, Phillippines
Age: 26
I wonder how he felt kissing them both. As if it's normal for him to kiss all those girls!

Last edited by djmaca; 2006-11-22 at 20:59. Reason: ...something went wrong in my post....
djmaca is offline  
Old 2006-11-23, 00:03   Link #16
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Atlanta, USA / Seoul, Korea
Loved the Library Island, it somehow reminded me of "Die Stadt der Traümenden Bücher, " by Walter Moers. Talk about taking books to the extreme - book waterfalls, book pools, even
Spoiler:

But I didn't really care for the pactio. It felt a bit rushed, cheapened even.
dahl_moon is offline  
Old 2006-11-23, 07:57   Link #17
Cai Calamigarde
Memento mori...
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Istanbul
Age: 25
ending< singers changed again,
who now, does someone know?
__________________
If you'd stab a knife into my shadow, you'd see my warm blood dripping.

Faint pieces of light, I grasp, subversively, in spite of the pain rushing...
Cai Calamigarde is offline  
Old 2006-11-23, 10:16   Link #18
garra113
CaramellDansen!!!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Hey is it just me or did anyone notice the OP for the song Sparkling1000% got a lot faster all of a sudden?
garra113 is offline  
Old 2006-11-23, 18:59   Link #19
djmaca
My Girl ↓
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Update: Ortigas, Pasig, Phillippines
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by garra113 View Post
Hey is it just me or did anyone notice the OP for the song Sparkling1000% got a lot faster all of a sudden?
Hmm... so you too huh?

Yes I felt it did go a bit faster too. Like 1.8 seconds faster... Until the RAWs are out I can't be sure of it.
djmaca is offline  
Old 2006-11-24, 18:34   Link #20
USCPharmacist
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Just watch the sub, very interesting episode. Although this Negi is really the pimp, I can't believe he just say ok to the twin, maybe once he tasted maiden's lips, he can't stop hahahhaha, the real Negi in the manga will most likely not answer yes.
USCPharmacist is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:47.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.