AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-11-25, 02:11   Link #221
sukreih
okusenman!okusenman!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Oh Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddraggy View Post
Hey, sukreih, did Akagi do the same crazy thing with the bowl (ep 26) in the manga?
Yep The important events are all in the manga.(I seriously thought Akagi would pee in that bowl..)The only stuff absent in the manga are the weird paintings and Washizu's Bizarre Imaginations...

btw Tsukayama Masane(Washizu's VA) is so wonderful..'ron!ron! ronron! ron!rooooooooooooooooon~~~~'
sukreih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-25, 20:07   Link #222
Drexon
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Can anyone point me in the direction of some good Akagi wallpapers, I can't seem to find more than... 1. ^^
Drexon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-25, 20:55   Link #223
ddraggy
Abnormality
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexon View Post
Can anyone point me in the direction of some good Akagi wallpapers, I can't seem to find more than... 1. ^^
You found one? Share, please! I've just got a full-body shot I edited from the first ending, where the camera pans up a green Akagi. Haven't done much with it, though.

If anyone wants to make some, well, anything Akagi-related, I'm willing to host, btw.

On a different note, it almost seems that Washizu Mahjong is in real time. Akagi had been in there for about 3 hours, if I remember right. It seemed so much longer for some reason. I sort of thought Akagi would naturally grow back all that blood by the time the game was over.

~ ddraggy
ddraggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-25, 21:33   Link #224
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Looks like someone's an avid fan of Akagi.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-25, 21:42   Link #225
sukreih
okusenman!okusenman!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Oh Canada
they're not wallpapaers(heyyy maybe someone can make one! ),but I found some Akagi realated Merchandise off the web..

Akagi Figure1
Akagi Figure2

Akagi cellphone strap

Akagi good luck charm
detailed images

In the DVD,there is a non steproll(I think they call it nonteproll in Japanese..) version of the OP/ED.Green Akagi looks more sexy indeed without letters floating beside him..

Last edited by sukreih; 2006-11-25 at 21:54.
sukreih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-26, 05:36   Link #226
tonten
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maceart View Post
In Mahjong, (well, Taiwan style is what I know) when two people claim the same tile for a Ron, the one sitting in front (basically, the one who the person winning can call a chi from) is the winner.

So whichever side you're sitting on does matter in Mahjong.
That's not true. In official Taiwan MJ, if 2 or more people call for a win on the same tile, they both will win it.

It's called Yut Pao Lerng Herng or Yut Pao Sam Herng

Head Bump is for Cantonese/HK Mahjong

The only time I can think of Head Bump in Taiwan MJ is when people disregard the official rule and play by house rules instead.


BTW, does anyone know where I can download or purchase the AKAGI Live Action Movie. I seem to can't find it anywhere on the net. I don't think it's called Akagi in English:

http://www.truepariah.net/randominfo.php

(Scroll down to the bottom)
tonten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-26, 06:46   Link #227
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
I thought the ending was great. It wasn't disappointing per se ... we all know what happened.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-26, 07:18   Link #228
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Wow! I LOOKED AT THE SPOILERS IN THE FANSITE ZMOG.

Haha, well ... it's sad.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-26, 10:07   Link #229
ddraggy
Abnormality
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonten View Post
BTW, does anyone know where I can download or purchase the AKAGI Live Action Movie. I seem to can't find it anywhere on the net. I don't think it's called Akagi in English:

http://www.truepariah.net/randominfo.php

(Scroll down to the bottom)
Try searching on http://www.amazon.co.jp/ using the term "アカギ". I believe both movies will come up, plus a bunch of other stuff. Be warned, I heard that the films are not comparable to the anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
Wow! I LOOKED AT THE SPOILERS IN THE FANSITE ZMOG.

Haha, well ... it's sad.
Don't say I didn't warn ya, physics

~ ddraggy
ddraggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-26, 18:49   Link #230
Drexon
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
What spoilers? I wanna know dangit! XD

Oh, and ddraggy: http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/7026/akagity5.jpg
Drexon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-28, 02:54   Link #231
godakame
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Just blasted through the last 4 episodes of Akagi. Holy cow, what an incredible series. Is it normal to love this anime so much, yet not understand even the most fundamental rules of mahjong? "Pon!" In your face old man...something happened, but I know one thing for sure, it was awesome.

And it looks like I have a new wallpaper . It's hard finding akagi pics.
godakame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-29, 18:14   Link #232
Drexon
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Bump. I want to know what the heck happened after the anime.
Drexon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-29, 18:15   Link #233
eris_sama
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cubicle #68
Oooo just finished this. I really liked this series although I got impatient toward the end with the night of mah jong that never ends. There better be a second season! I want to see Washizu totally break down when he finally loses. I love Akagi most when he's not actually playing mah jong but beating up/threatening people.
__________________
eris_sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-29, 23:01   Link #234
ddraggy
Abnormality
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexon View Post
Bump. I want to know what the heck happened after the anime.
Well, you can visit the website in my sig to spoil yourself silly if you want, but I can tell you right off the bat that the Akagi manga is still stuck at the Washizu mansion. However, Akagi is also mentioned in the Ten manga, which jumps ahead about 30 years and that contains massive, massive spoilers.

~ ddraggy
ddraggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-29, 23:53   Link #235
sukreih
okusenman!okusenman!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Oh Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddraggy
Well, you can visit the website in my sig to spoil yourself silly if you want, but I can tell you right off the bat that the Akagi manga is still stuck at the Washizu mansion. However, Akagi is also mentioned in the Ten manga, which jumps ahead about 30 years and that contains massive, massive spoilers.

~ ddraggy
Yes,everyone should wait for Akagi season2 or Ten!
Thing is,if the comic book comes out with a rate of one book per year ,I don't know when Akagi season 2 (or Ten) will be made. I think it'll be after 'Tobaku Mokushiroku Kaiji'(which had been already announced), and I don't even know when THAT will come out. Hopefully,Kaiji will gain more anticipating Akagi fans..
sukreih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 00:20   Link #236
godakame
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by eris_sama View Post
Oooo just finished this. I really liked this series although I got impatient toward the end with the night of mah jong that never ends. There better be a second season! I want to see Washizu totally break down when he finally loses. I love Akagi most when he's not actually playing mah jong but beating up/threatening people.
Or playing Russian roulette -- one of my favorite scenes.


I don't really want to be spolied, but how many volumes does this mansion arc cover? They've been in the mansion for a while, right? I would suspect that Wasizu would die of old age before they finish that match. Comming to a close soon? Nonetheless I do like the overall supernatural feeling you get when watching the series. Not just a game of mahjong, but a battle between good and evil...er maybe it would be more apt to say a battle between evil and a lesser-evil (course I want to say Akagi is the more malevolent one).
godakame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 08:36   Link #237
sukreih
okusenman!okusenman!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Oh Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by godakame View Post
I don't really want to be spolied, but how many volumes does this mansion arc cover? They've been in the mansion for a while, right? I would suspect that Wasizu would die of old age before they finish that match. Comming to a close soon?
Starts from volume 7 and continues on to volume 18. So it's 12 volumes,running for 10 years.wow.. they have finally reached the last round,thing is it seems to go on forever.(like 2 volumes?)Washizu will die of a heart attack if this thing keeps going.Akagi vol.19 is out on Jan.17th.
And from what I read on the Official Guide Book,Akagi anime project has been going on for 7 years.So yeah..

Last edited by sukreih; 2006-11-30 at 08:53.
sukreih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 17:02   Link #238
eris_sama
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cubicle #68
12 volumes?! Did they cover every game from the manga in the anime? I can see enjoying the anime without knowing or caring much about mah jong but it seems you have to be a die hard mah jong fan to read through 12 volumes.
__________________
eris_sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 21:06   Link #239
sukreih
okusenman!okusenman!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Oh Canada
Looking it over,it's 11 volumes. But still very long.
No,and the anime did not cover every game in the manga.One game with Nakai,and a chunk of the dice game is missing.The anime covers up to like page 50 of volume 13.

Well,Akagi IS from a Mahjongg manga magazine plus Fukumoto is a very talented manga-ka,so even though I think 11 volumes are too much,I'm enjoying reading it.But gotta admit it does get boring to some extent..
sukreih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-01, 03:42   Link #240
godakame
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukreih View Post
Starts from volume 7 and continues on to volume 18. So it's 12 volumes,running for 10 years.wow.. they have finally reached the last round,thing is it seems to go on forever.(like 2 volumes?)Washizu will die of a heart attack if this thing keeps going.Akagi vol.19 is out on Jan.17th.
And from what I read on the Official Guide Book,Akagi anime project has been going on for 7 years.So yeah..
wow indeed. That tis long, good sir. Your theory of a heart attack could make for a grand ending. Thoug I could have sworn that Washizu was having mini heart attacks during the anime when Akagi kept handing Washizu his own ass; you can tell by Washizu's constantly changing facial expression, oscilating from creepy smile to "I think I just shat myself".

So this Akagi anime project, 7 years eh...this is another startling revelation. I suppose 6 of those years were comprised of a couple guys talking about how they wanted to make an Akagi anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eris_sama View Post
12 volumes?! Did they cover every game from the manga in the anime? I can see enjoying the anime without knowing or caring much about mah jong but it seems you have to be a die hard mah jong fan to read through 12 volumes.
Well considering the track record of manga being better than their anime counterparts, I would guess that going through 12 volumes of Akagi would be more enjoyable, and quite addicting. Because we all know how addicting the anime is (I like to point out the obvious). If I had the chance, and know-how, I would liquify the Akagi anime in super-saturated form and inject it straight into my veins. Seriously though, if they are still in the mansion in the manga, I guess a season 2 in the near future would be imposible, or improbable. Than again that could potentially, in a sense be a brillant season. 26 episodes of just Akagi and Washizu in the mansion...
godakame is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
drama, gambling, mahjong, seinen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:24.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.