AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2006-11-25, 10:28   Link #741
Noran
Musouka

Location: In a peaceful, serene place at night, watching the beautiful stars twinkle in sight
Send a message via AIM to Noran Send a message via MSN to Noran
As requested by previous posters, I was wondering if anyone can help me find any high quality, english, freeware, ero-games? Thanks.

Noran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-25, 20:40   Link #742
luckyovermind
hungry~

Wow, more EF goodness from Sushi-Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noran View Post
As requested by previous posters, I was wondering if anyone can help me find any high quality, english, freeware, ero-games? Thanks.
And I direct you to:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=30176

Several key points:

1. no talks about warez here

2. If you want english + free, then ---> altogether
Not ero, all visual novels

2005 festival:
http://altogether.insani.org/2005/index.html

2006 festival:
http://at2006.haeleth.net/

I recommend narcissu.

3. Or, if you don't mind japanese, there's always a ton of erogame trials available for free download, check HP of varies softhouses and you will find plenty. (anyone care to fill in?)
Old 2006-11-27, 16:24   Link #743
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

The ef OP demo movie I had up at Stage 6 got deleted (not surprised).

On the other hand, minori has now made the movie available for download at their official page:
http://www.minori.ph/lineup/ef/index.html
(top navigation bar: forth button from the left is the download page)

A wide screen version is also available.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-01, 09:22   Link #744
DaFool
Resident devil

Due to high traffic, they took down the links. And I was at 60% too

Guess have to wait for a fansub or HQ crack.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-01, 10:39   Link #745
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFool View Post
Due to high traffic, they took down the links. And I was at 60% too
lol, quite. Minori whine about them being on youtube and Stage6, put them on their own very slow server, which dies when barely anyone's actually finished, then their entire site is down for a few days, then it's back with the links still dead, then it comes back with them only available on the slowest mirror I have ever used (0.5kb/s - 3kb/s consistently on 2mb broadband, lol)

So if you want the widescreen version - http://www.sendspace.com/file/awno85
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-03, 12:50   Link #746
Rasuberi
Give me things to draw!!!

Send a message via AIM to Rasuberi
Huuu. I think I'll be making my first eroge purchases this year. ^^; ef looks amazing, so I just have to get it. While I am positive I'll buy ef, I also may think about buying katahane since it looks really really nice as well. Hard for me to believe that there's going to be ero content in this, which I don't really care for. In any case, eroge banzai~

While I haven't bought any before, that doesn't mean I haven't played any. My first would have had to have been Giniro, and it's been mentioned here earlier. I think I was only 13-14 when I played it. ^^;;; I still love Ayame to this day.

I've also played School Days, and countless trial's and demo's. All that stuff was before I knew much about eroge though, so that's the only reason I haven't bought anything. I'm also working on the Higurashi sound novels, and while not an eroge, it counts for something I guess.. I want to by the PS2 port toooo.

For a while I've been following the eroge community though looking for anything interesting. While I've seen many interesting titles, ef's new approach to eroge is something I've always wanted to see.

I see me creating eroge in the future... (TT ^TT); 女の子は一番なのですわ

Rasuberi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-03, 22:02   Link #747
fto
Anime Forever

Ummm does anyone know a similar game to ef that is actually out... i dont care if i have to buy it, but i really liked the ef OP demo movie and was hoping if there was a game already like this..

Sorry if there are post on similar games, just that i never played games similar to this one.
fto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-03, 23:41   Link #748
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasuberi View Post
Huuu. I think I'll be making my first eroge purchases this year. ^^; ef looks amazing, so I just have to get it. While I am positive I'll buy ef, I also may think about buying katahane since it looks really really nice as well. Hard for me to believe that there's going to be ero content in this, which I don't really care for. In any case, eroge banzai~
Katahane's release has been delayed until January anyway, so take your time. (Official site)

Not a lot of titles interest me this season. Personally, I'm looking forward to the Winter Comiket more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fto View Post
Ummm does anyone know a similar game to ef that is actually out... i dont care if i have to buy it, but i really liked the ef OP demo movie and was hoping if there was a game already like this..

Sorry if there are post on similar games, just that i never played games similar to this one.
What do you mean when you say "a game like this"? Are you referring to the theme/atmosphere/plot of the game? Or the more technical aspects, such as the art quality/animation?

You can always start by checking out minori's previous games, such as Wind or Haru no Ashioto (minori official site). I think the people over at NNL and insani managed to completely translate Wind as well.
Old 2006-12-04, 05:34   Link #749
The Bloodlust Kid
Needs a better screenname

Send a message via AIM to The Bloodlust Kid
I don't normally play ero-games because my computer probably can't handle the huge size.

But the one game that caught my eye was Atlach=Nacha (I've been reading the Cthulhu Mythos at the time)
I just listened to a few music tracks and now I want to take a look at it. I can't believe I took the trouble of downloading it. :/

Others that highly interest me are Mamatoto and Pastel Chime (is that ero?)

Dai Akuji kind of sparked some kind of interest but I'm a bit skeptical since the themes in the sypnosis don't sit well with me.

Can someone tell me more about this Dai Bancho I keep hearing about?
The Bloodlust Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-04, 06:51   Link #750
luckyovermind
hungry~

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y View Post
Not a lot of titles interest me this season. Personally, I'm looking forward to the Winter Comiket more.
Yes yes, and I will see my beloved setsumi again XD
If you are a giniro fan Rasuberi, then narcissu is definitely not to be missed XD

Quote:
You can always start by checking out minori's previous games, such as Wind or Haru no Ashioto (minori official site). I think the people over at NNL and insani managed to completely translate Wind as well.
my reaction:

*Wind has been mentioned again?*

*Immediately rushes to nnl*

Aww, it's still about the KFC!

Well, it's been nearly 2 month since the last update. I guess gipface-san is still busy with washing dishes. Poor gipface, god bless him

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganeShounen View Post
Anyway, I guess no one even mentioned anything about Really?Really! over here... then again, there's a whole sub-forum for Shuffle! anyway.
What, with a Really?Really! thread that span over 20 pages in the Shuffle! subforum and you are still not satisfied?

Last edited by luckyovermind; 2006-12-05 at 06:21.
luckyovermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-04, 23:34   Link #751
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bloodlust Kid View Post
Can someone tell me more about this Dai Bancho I keep hearing about?
Nagharkan's(?) site could probably do that for you. Dai Banchou's gameplay seems to be just like its predecessor; it's just that the setting's been changed to something with "a post-apocalyptic future filled with superpowered teens battling for supremacy over highschool-strongholds".

Oh darn, did I just spoil that part?

Anyway, I guess no one even mentioned anything about Really?Really! over here... then again, there's a whole sub-forum for Shuffle! anyway.
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-09, 02:53   Link #752
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

I now see why you guys all like Nanatsuiro Drops so much. This is such a sweet and touching piece of work.
Old 2006-12-09, 21:46   Link #753
luckyovermind
hungry~

In other news, Tomo kataoka just announced on the stage nana bbs that the scenario for narcissu 2nd is now complete. Now it’s only a matter of getting the recording done before the C71. *excited*

http://stage-nana.telnet.or.jp/wcs2/easywcs.cgi?DIR=2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ぽこつ☆とも View Post
台本出し終わりましたー
2006/12/9 11:26

ふう、やっと終わりました>挨拶

あとは収録さえ無事に終われば、
ナントカ冬コミ用のは間に合うと思います。

収録自体は、年明けにも控えていますが、
これでナルキの完成も見えてきました。

んでは、早い内にHP更新も準備しておきますのでー。冬コミ仕様に。

んで、レスとかもちょっとその時にまとめさせて頂きますー
Old 2006-12-10, 01:47   Link #754
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyovermind View Post
In other news, Tomo kataoka just announced on the stage nana bbs that the scenario for narcissu 2nd is now complete. Now it’s only a matter of getting the recording done before the C71. *excited*

http://stage-nana.telnet.or.jp/wcs2/easywcs.cgi?DIR=2
I was more amused by the fact that New York gaijin Randy was the first person to reply to his post.

Still, 2nd side has been in the making for almost a year now, it's good to know the wait is almost over.

=======================
Here are some ef information from Nitro Yusenshiki that was revealed during the minori trial version distribution/talk event tour, some of which I found to be interesting.

- Most of the profits from Wind, Haru no Ashioto, and ANGEL TYPE are being poured into ef.
- It took about 40 million yen just to press the first fan disk and the maxi single disk (of the OP/ED theme).
- They ran out of funds, so they went and made a 50 million yen (About 430,000 USD) loan.
- The game's scenario is not all that long.
- In exchange for a large number of artworks, they cut the scenario volume down. The idea is to aim for a movie-like experience.
- ef's total CG number is about 400~500.
- The length of the scenario shouldn't determine a game's quality, it's all about how much the completed product entertains you. A game that can be completed within 16~18 hours is also far friendlier for the working-class people.
- They have gotten mails such as "please sell me an instruction manual and user leaflet" or "please sell me the game box", even moronic ones like "tell me how to get the game to install from a disk image". That's when they began working with ISPs and police in Japan to stop P2P distributions.
- There has been a number of offers for an anime adaptation of ef, but they were all turned down.
- They don't dislike any soft houses in particular.
- If any, then probably TYPE-MOON for having so much money it's irritating.
- Envious of KID for being able to borrow 500 million yen.
- Mikage's (scenario writer, also director of ef) material gathering trip to Germany through Moscow costed 58,000 yen + various expenses for a total of 100 thousand yen.
- Stood helplessly at Moscow airport.
- Doesn't understand German, so he stayed at the same hotel throughout all the location shoots.
- A chicken who escapes back to the hotel as soon as he got the photos he needed.
- Slept on a bench in Moscow airport for 20 hours waiting for the return flight.
Not a lot of good memories of Moscow airport, it seems.

=======================
Haruka ni Aogi, Uruwashi no

Raking in some impressive ratings. I'm intrigued at the constant mentioning of just how cool the main character is. The trial version was quite pleasant. The scenario appears to be a good mix of light and heavy developments. Miyabi is quite dangerously moe too. ( ・ω・ )

Maybe I'll give it a try...
Old 2006-12-10, 05:40   Link #755
shadowplay
passive observer

Quote:
Haruka ni Aogi, Uruwashi no

Raking in some impressive ratings. I'm intrigued at the constant mentioning of just how cool the main character is. The trial version was quite pleasant. The scenario appears to be a good mix of light and heavy developments. Miyabi is quite dangerously moe too. ( ・ω・ )

Maybe I'll give it a try...
I got fooled by erogamescape scores again and started playing the game, and well after first branch (Miyabi/Shino/Tonoko) it's kinda nice enough but again totally not my cup of tea, I mean it's just kinda too ordinary (read boring). I started playing branch with other 3 girls (Sumika...) which I might like bit better since there are some hints at fantasy elements in the story, and teacher hero doesnt act goody-goody all the time, and Sumika herself is best girl in the game afterall... so we'll see in the end.
shadowplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-10, 08:43   Link #756
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Nobody should take erogamescape seriously. It's just a popularity contest.
Old 2006-12-10, 10:15   Link #757
Spuffy
オウカ~

Depends on how you use it. I really don't care about scores and comments, but it's database is useful.
Spuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-10, 10:32   Link #758
luckyovermind
hungry~

Quote:
- They don't dislike any soft houses in particular.
- If any, then probably TYPE-MOON for having so much money it's irritating.
- Envious of KID for being able to borrow 500 million yen.
- Mikage's trip ...
I couldn't stop laughing at some of the comments, poor mikage-san

And I assume everybody here knows that the demo for Natsumegu (cotton-soft's new game) is out?

http://cotton-soft.com/

Quite a busy server, it is now.
Old 2006-12-10, 13:49   Link #759
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
Nobody should take erogamescape seriously. It's just a popularity contest.
That's the whole point. Games don't get popular unless there's a reason for it. Of course, scores should always be taken with a grain of salt, since everyone's taste is different. But personally, I think "other's recommendations" + "your own rating after the trial version" reduces your chance of buying a landmine the most. All eroges own much of their sales to kuchikomi (word of the mouth), after all. In the end, it's all about popularity.
I don't know about the others here, but I buy my games legally, so I certainly don't have the courage or money to buy games just because they look interesting or pretty. H2O, for example, was a landmine for me. To be realistic (financially), I'd rather let good games slip by due to bad reviews than to trust my senses and step on a landmine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyovermind View Post
And I assume everybody here knows that the demo for Natsumegu (cotton-soft's new game) is out?

http://cotton-soft.com/

Quite a busy server, it is now.
It's not a demo (as in trial version), but a 13-minute game introduction movie featuring Celes and Madoka.
Old 2006-12-10, 20:38   Link #760
shadowplay
passive observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowplay View Post
I started playing branch with other 3 girls (Sumika...) which I might like bit better since there are some hints at fantasy elements in the story...
Ok I was wrong, there are no fantasy elements after all, and this branch is not much more interesting to me anyways... oh well.

It might've been mentioned before but I only now noticed that Nitro+ is having possibly interesting new non-BL game called Carnevale of Moonlight set for late Jan, no demo yet or at least I don't see it. Looks mighty cool anyway.

shadowplay is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel