AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2006-12-04, 22:52   Link #41
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadwolf View Post
I realize this may be really off the wall, and will probably take some heat over it but this is my opinion.

First, I think Sasuke is a classic tragic hero, and I think he will redeem himself some time in the future and leave orochimaru before he takes over his body (And I believe Orochimaru's downfall will be at the hands of a reformed Team 7)
-Uno momento, a tragic hero? You mean like Shakespeare's Hamlet or Macbeth? Hehe, let's the bodies fall where they may for they will fall by the hundreds .

-Actually now that i think about it Sasuke is a lot like Hamlet. The both want 1 person dead but all that thirst for revenge ends up doing is killing the people around him while the person we wants to kill stays alive till the end.
Luminion Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-05, 04:55   Link #42
Hir0

Theres one thing i really want to know, if Oro takes a body, does he also gain his/her chakra elements?

Since Yamato's mokuton is the mixture of earth and water, would oro be able to control that?
Hir0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-05, 15:46   Link #43
Deadwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatonMakai View Post
-Uno momento, a tragic hero? You mean like Shakespeare's Hamlet or Macbeth? Hehe, let's the bodies fall where they may for they will fall by the hundreds .

-Actually now that i think about it Sasuke is a lot like Hamlet. The both want 1 person dead but all that thirst for revenge ends up doing is killing the people around him while the person we wants to kill stays alive till the end.
Well, when I said that I was thinking more modern and was thinking Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader *braces for impact ><* and maybe shouldn't have used the term "classic" but yes I guess your shakespeare references work too, I definately don't think Sasuke will make it out of the series alive which is in line with the Tragic hero.
Deadwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-05, 16:16   Link #44
Xrayz0r
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hir0 View Post
Theres one thing i really want to know, if Oro takes a body, does he also gain his/her chakra elements?

Since Yamato's mokuton is the mixture of earth and water, would oro be able to control that?
Dude, first off, you can't "get" chakra elements.

All you can do is learn how to alter your chakra to convert to another element.

And yes, since Yamato's ability is a kekkei genkai, Oro would be able to use mokuton if he takes over Yamato.
Xrayz0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-05, 16:24   Link #45
Suna no tate
Akatsuki Bart is Tobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrayz0r View Post
You're just trying to make a list as large as possible.
Am I that obvious? Truly an open book? Good call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Agreed. I don't think Sasuke has intentions of letting him take his body even though he stated that he was prepared to do it. I mean, what would be the point of getting revenge if you don't even get to experience it? After the transfer, Sasuke (his spirit) will basically be dead. Even if Itachi were to be defeated, it would be Oro's victory and not Sasuke's. Remember how determined Sasuke was to defeat Itachi with his own power? He insisted that neither Jiraiya or Naruto interfered with the fight. I think Sasuke wants to kill Itachi with his own hands and see it with his own eyes.. nothing less. He's probably using Oro right now to gain strength and lets him think that he's willing to give up his body. I wouldn't be surprised if he's planning on escaping Oro at some point, but that remains to be seen..

I don't really think Oro's into the ladies. If you get what I mean...

Maybe the body starts to rot again after a while. I dunno. There's lots of dead Uchiha. If were that simple, Oro could go to the graveyard and take his pick. He could possibly even have Uchiha Madara's body... now that would be badass.

As for Oro wanting Naruto's body, he doesn't seem interested in it all, even though I'm not exactly sure why he wouldn't be. Maybe the process used to seal the bijuu doesn't allow him to enter the body of a jinchuuriki like Ryukage said. Or maybe he believes there's a price to having the Kyuubi inside one's body.
Yeah Oro probably isn't burning up saturday nights at the local Chilis...

Anyway, seriously though, you honestly think sasuke isn't willing to give up his body for revenge? Come on! Ok. Here's what I see. I see that in this naruto universe people aren't afraid to die for what they believe in, and I'm not just talking about hokages. I mean in flat out stupid situations where you have 99 reasons to run away and come back with a big freaking army, but instead people almost always choose to stick and "try and fight" even though they know that if things are the way they currently see it, they will die. We've seen Shika do it, we've seen asuma do it, we've seen naruto do it, we've seen neji do it, anko, and a million other ninja do it and we've seen sasuke do it. I'm not going to spell out the specific situations because you guys are smart, but yes over and over we see people show that they are just perfectly willing to throw their lives away for in ideal. (I on the other hand would flee like a lizard whose just lost its tail whenever there's even a shadow of a possibility of a gruesome death. I think you guys too would. After all, we're reasonable people). Now if sasuke is willing to throw his life away over a situation where he knows its stupid to stay and fight and he knows he's overmatched, why don't you guys think he'll throw his life away in order to accomplish the one thing that wakes him up each day?

Its true that he wants to kill itachi with his own power, but that can mean a lot of things. It may mean that he simply wants to do it without interference so that after the fight he doesn't have any doubts. In the same way, I think he'd be really really disappointed if Itachi just let him kill him, or if itachi was already seriously crippled by the time sasuke got to him. In my mind as long as the battle against itachi is fought by sasuke primarily with as little intereference as possible and as long as itachi is in top form or close to it, that'd be good enough for sasuke.

We keep bringing up this uchiha madara. Why? He had one bloody line in the whole series! So has the mizukage of the water village but we don't talk about him all the time. Everyone seems to assume that just because he and the kyubi locked eyes at some point he must be a real bigshot. Well here's a possibility. The kyubi is sleeping in a cave some place. Madara comes in. They lock eyes. The kyubi snickers and the promptly devours him in one bite. Hows that? Until I get more info about this uchiha madara, I won't be givng him any respect.

As for bodies for orochimaru, what Iwonder is if he can do the edo tensei and then switch bodies with it. I ask because edo tensei is very similar to the technique used by the AL. Oro uses a subordinate and basically transforms him into the person he is summoning. I guess not because he hasn't done so.

Why oro doesn't want naruto's body? Well for one thing I think he'll change his mind concerning sasuke later on as he did with kimimaro. All I can say right now is that Oro has one track mind. Once he sets his eyes on something, thats it and damn everything else. Right now his eyes are set on sasuke.
Old 2006-12-05, 17:04   Link #46
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suna no tate View Post
Am I that obvious? Truly an open book? Good call.

Yeah Oro probably isn't burning up saturday nights at the local Chilis...

Anyway, seriously though, you honestly think sasuke isn't willing to give up his body for revenge? Come on! Ok. Here's what I see. I see that in this naruto universe people aren't afraid to die for what they believe in, and I'm not just talking about hokages. I mean in flat out stupid situations where you have 99 reasons to run away and come back with a big freaking army, but instead people almost always choose to stick and "try and fight" even though they know that if things are the way they currently see it, they will die. We've seen Shika do it, we've seen asuma do it, we've seen naruto do it, we've seen neji do it, anko, and a million other ninja do it and we've seen sasuke do it. I'm not going to spell out the specific situations because you guys are smart, but yes over and over we see people show that they are just perfectly willing to throw their lives away for in ideal. (I on the other hand would flee like a lizard whose just lost its tail whenever there's even a shadow of a possibility of a gruesome death. I think you guys too would. After all, we're reasonable people). Now if sasuke is willing to throw his life away over a situation where he knows its stupid to stay and fight and he knows he's overmatched, why don't you guys think he'll throw his life away in order to accomplish the one thing that wakes him up each day?
It's not about him being unwilling to sacrifice his life. He's already shown that he's prepared to fight Itachi to the death. It's that giving his life to Oro doesn't even really accomplish anything. I mean his one goal in life is to get revenge right? It's a personal vendetta, he'll want to experience it for himself. Imagine your one goal is to see your brother die and then this guy comes up to you and says "Sure. I can help you do that... only it won't be so much you killing your brother, as it will be me doing it while wearing your skin like a cheap suit." . That kind of takes the meaning out of the revenge huh? There's not even a guarantee that Oro will go after Itachi once he has the Sharingan. Sasuke will want to confirm Itachi's death and that means staying alive to make sure it happens. There's also the fact that while Sasuke hates Itachi, he also wants him to acknowledge his strength. It enraged him deeply when Itachi came to Konoha only to blow him off saying "I have no interest in you right now". Itachi won't acknowledge Sasuke if he lets Oro take his body.

Quote:
Its true that he wants to kill itachi with his own power, but that can mean a lot of things. It may mean that he simply wants to do it without interference so that after the fight he doesn't have any doubts. In the same way, I think he'd be really really disappointed if Itachi just let him kill him, or if itachi was already seriously crippled by the time sasuke got to him. In my mind as long as the battle against itachi is fought by sasuke primarily with as little intereference as possible and as long as itachi is in top form or close to it, that'd be good enough for sasuke.
Almost sounds if you are agreeing with me here. Don't you think that someone inhabiting your body is a big interference? Oro would be doing all the fighting. He doesn't even keep the appearance of his hosts, he wears a mask to retain his old face. It'd basically be Oro vs. Itachi.

Quote:
We keep bringing up this uchiha madara. Why? He had one bloody line in the whole series! So has the mizukage of the water village but we don't talk about him all the time. Everyone seems to assume that just because he and the kyubi locked eyes at some point he must be a real bigshot. Well here's a possibility. The kyubi is sleeping in a cave some place. Madara comes in. They lock eyes. The kyubi snickers and the promptly devours him in one bite. Hows that? Until I get more info about this uchiha madara, I won't be givng him any respect.
The Kyuubi was obviously impressed with Sasuke and he compared Sasuke to Madara. It's not a stretch to say he was very powerful. The only other ninja the Kyuubi has mentioned by name is the 4th. Don't playa hate. But Johnny 5 suggested that Oro could ressurect Shisui and take his body. I suggested why not go for the best and take Madara?

Quote:
As for bodies for orochimaru, what Iwonder is if he can do the edo tensei and then switch bodies with it. I ask because edo tensei is very similar to the technique used by the AL. Oro uses a subordinate and basically transforms him into the person he is summoning. I guess not because he hasn't done so.
It's different because edo tensei requires the subordinates to be dead first. I think the AL's technique uses living bodies. But I'm not sure on this.

Quote:
Why oro doesn't want naruto's body? Well for one thing I think he'll change his mind concerning sasuke later on as he did with kimimaro. All I can say right now is that Oro has one track mind. Once he sets his eyes on something, thats it and damn everything else. Right now his eyes are set on sasuke.
What will cause him to change his mind? He's already seen Naruto can do with 4-tails, but still doesn't seem interested
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-05, 17:32   Link #47
Suna no tate
Akatsuki Bart is Tobi

OH! I completely misunderstood! You're thinking that sasuke intends to let orochimaru take his body and then "oro" kills itachi! Well thats just not right and yes you're right. Thats not the plan.

What I seemed to understand is that Orochimaru would teach sasuke all the tricks he knows including the forbidden ones. Then with these tricks sasuke would kill itachi. After itachi is dead, they will trade bodies. I'm sure that in the several times naruto confronts sasuke about this sasuke almost always says "what do I care what happens after". I'm pretty sure. Take a look at the fight on the two statues and in the yamato encounter with sasuke. I can't right now because of a lousy connection you see. But I'm pretty sure I'm right about both the sasuke statements and about sasuke and orochimaru's deal.

It would explain why sasuke is constantly bothering orochimaru to train him constantly. We already know that orochimaru doesn't particularly need to train the bodies he takes over. In fact the training of sasuke seems more of a hassle to him and thats why I said earlier (in another thread) that its sort of the carrot he's using to keep sasuke around. Again, the reason sasuke left konoha was because he felt that orochimaru would train him faster and that in konoha he wasn't advancing. Oro's training and guidance would give him the best and fastest chance of killing itachi. And so that is the deal. Training in order to gain the strength to kill itachi in exchange for sasuke's body afterwards.