AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Old 2006-12-12, 23:32   Link #221
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightmare213 View Post
@Dark `: Request received and taken care of: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=21577
And thanks for reminding me of all the games that will use the SIXAXIS. I just remembered that Sony announced their SIXAXIS controller at E3 2006 with Warhawk.
Thanks for the link. After reading it I had a sense that I read something similar before on IGN. It might've been the same article (probably was) and I just probably missed the whole "problem fixed" thing. Let's just hope that it's true and not some PR stunt or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightmare213 View Post
In other words, Wiimote comes with the rumbler built in. I held it once and it was very lighter then I thought it was. Maybe that's why it flies off of people's hand and into someone's face, their plasma TV, window, or all of the above.
Yeah, the Wiimote is pretty light. I would say that it would be equal in weight to about 3 AA batteries... that's with the 2 AA batteries in them. I don't understand how people keep letting go of them and have them fly through rooms and hit people/objects. I've played Wii Sports, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz, Trauma Center and Twilight Princess... not once have I ever felt I would have the controller slip out of my hand. And yes, I do the whole range of motion while playing Wii Sports... if you just flick your wrist for that you're so a tool.
[14:22] <~lucifer> Dark` has to stay around to QC Genshiken s2
[14:22] <~lucifer> since you guys won't
[14:22] <~lucifer> So he gets the blessing of "Least Faggoty".
[14:22] <@Dark`> =D
[14:22] <~lucifer> Then after I finish Genshiken S2 dvd rips, he's free game.
[14:22] <~lucifer> (Read: Canada's getting blown up.)
Dark` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 00:10   Link #222
Knightmare213

More bad news for the PS3 owners and future owners according to this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoCD9TwLrVs

The video shows how the PS3's backward capability is poor and messes up the graphics of the PS2 games and PS1 games. The video uses Final Fantasy X's opening scene as an example. Really suprising when I saw this.
Knightmare213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 00:20   Link #223
Lebron
I hear voices

Heh, 360's BC was like that for a while But, they got most of it fixed with the updates. Just give Mr. Sony time, they should get most of the kinks worked out, for the most part. Well at least for the games that matter :P
Old 2006-12-14, 02:03   Link #224
kayos
RETIRED

You sure it wasn't edited, because this video showing a ps2 game Final Fantasy XII looked decent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9reXD1eIhgY&mode

Then again if there is a problem, I'll just hold on to my ps2 for safe keeping. It's not like the slim ps2 takes a whole lot of room.
kayos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 02:38   Link #225
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
That video is probably real, but the guy's claims probably aren't.

You'd think that with a problem that big, other people would actually notice.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 02:51   Link #226
Lebron
I hear voices

The problem is real. They have people complaining about it on alot of forums.

http://boardsus.playstation.com/play...773566#M773566

Theres one for instance. It seems to be a problem with the emulation not being compatible with HD or something. Actually I don't really know what the problem is since we don't play PS2 games on our PS3. So yea, wouldn't really know :P But a friend of mine was playing Tales of the Abyss on his PS3, and he said it was terrible quality and a bug fest. He had to turn it off and just use his normal PS2. Then again, it just launched. Anyone who taught it would be w/o problems, is yea, stupid

But yea that guy's video maybe have overdone it just a tad :P
Old 2006-12-14, 02:55   Link #227
kayos
RETIRED

Well there's only one way to find out the truth.
Old 2006-12-14, 02:56   Link #228
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
Well there's only one way to find out the truth.
going to use some Kingdom Hearts Magic?
Old 2006-12-14, 03:04   Link #229
kayos
RETIRED

Sadly no, unlike Sora I don't have the liberty of using any of my magic. But I was planning on dissecting the ps3, I don't think that's very helpful but it'll be fun.

I read the forum that you posted Lebon, it also stated that a bunch of newbies were popping out of the woodworks just to claim there was a problem. It seems kind of odd.
Old 2006-12-14, 03:26   Link #230
Lebron
I hear voices

Yeah well it is the PS forum, anyone who says anything bad about it is automatically called a troll. But yea, your right it is kind of weird. Also I hope you don't mean taking the PS3 apart, do you?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...=131102&page=5

heres a better one, scroll down to DC charlies posts, he posts Okami and ICO running on the PS3.
Old 2006-12-14, 03:39   Link #231
kayos
RETIRED

Don't worry it was just a joke. I'm not planning on taking apart any ps3s... unless my memory is just that good enough to put them back together like it originally was (bought a mod chip for the ps2 a couple of months back but still too lazy to take it apart). And yes I'm starting to see the pictures. Glad I'm still playing my Okami on my ps2.
Old 2006-12-14, 04:03   Link #232
Lebron
I hear voices

Yea, Okami is a work of art, IMO. The game looks beautiful when you're playing it on your PS2. But those screens of it running on the PS3, don't do the game justice. I'm sure the problem will be worked out in the coming months, so its all good.
Old 2006-12-14, 10:23   Link #233
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

The way I see it, Sony has a much shorter path to fixing BC than Microsoft started with...and even has now. At least PS2 games play IN SOME FORM on the PS3. As somebody who never owned an Xbox, I want to know why more than a year after launch, I still can't play at least half of the quality xbox exclusives on my 360.
Old 2006-12-14, 10:47   Link #234
Lebron
I hear voices

I really wish they added some of the 2D fighting games to the BC list.

Main reason why I think they aren't bothering, is they just don't care. Also not too many are making a uproar. The games that majority of people wanted BC were added to the list, and the systems top sellers were, aswell. Now the other games are just in a wait and see mode.

Look at Physchonauts for instance, that game wasn't even going to be BC anytime soon, until the fans made that huge ass petition demanding the game be BC. Then bam, it finally gets added to the BC list from the recent update.
Old 2006-12-14, 12:01   Link #235
HimuraKiyone
Editor Extrordinaire

Send a message via ICQ to HimuraKiyone Send a message via AIM to HimuraKiyone Send a message via MSN to HimuraKiyone Send a message via Yahoo to HimuraKiyone
I want to say, firstly, that Psychnauts is an awesome game. Absolutely fabulous.
Secondly, I am playing Final Fantasy XII on my PS3 right now and it looks gorgeous. I have had no problems with it. I've tryed out several PS2 games even one that uses the eye toy and one that uses a microphone and I've experienced no loss of quality, jumps, freezes, hiccups, crashing, blue-screening, noise or pixelization. I didn't have a problem with the one PS1 game I popped in either, but it was only one game. You do realize that because there is a PS2 chip in the PS3, it's essentially like having a PS2 inside your PS3. There should be no difference.

PSN UN: HimuraKiyone
HimuraKiyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 12:01   Link #236
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron View Post
I really wish they added some of the 2D fighting games to the BC list.

Main reason why I think they aren't bothering, is they just don't care. Also not too many are making a uproar. The games that majority of people wanted BC were added to the list, and the systems top sellers were, aswell. Now the other games are just in a wait and see mode.

Look at Physchonauts for instance, that game wasn't even going to be BC anytime soon, until the fans made that huge ass petition demanding the game be BC. Then bam, it finally gets added to the BC list from the recent update.
Are you referring to the PS3 or the 360?

EDIT: Nevermind.

Last edited by Papaya; 2006-12-14 at 13:57.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 13:36   Link #237
Knightmare213

@HimuraKiyone: Well, FFXII is pretty much a recent game that came out on NA about a month and a half ago. That game may have been tweaked a bit for the PS3 backward capability, but we really don't know...(well I don't at least).

However, if this video was real, like someone said, we "need to give Mr. Sony some time," and through the Sony store, the PS3 consumers will be able to download the anti-aliasing program...or not.
Old 2006-12-14, 14:58   Link #238
Gundam Zero Force

Quote:
The video shows how the PS3's backward capability is poor and messes up the graphics of the PS2 games and PS1 games. The video uses Final Fantasy X's opening scene as an example. Really suprising when I saw this.
Luckily for me I stil have my PS2 and I don't plan to sell it . . .so . . . If I ever do get a PS3 then I won't have to worry about the probs . . . but still . . an expensive video game console that you pay 600+ just to set it up should not have problems as bad as that . . I'll wait
Old 2006-12-14, 15:03   Link #239
Knightmare213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam Zero Force View Post
Luckily for me I stil have my PS2 and I don't plan to sell it . . .so . . . If I ever do get a PS3 then I won't have to worry about the probs . . . but still . . an expensive video game console that you pay 600+ just to set it up should not have problems as bad as that . . I'll wait
I was planning to sell my own PS2, which is the original bulky version, a month before the release of PS3. But now, until the firmware fixing the graphic problems, and other ones, I'll be keeping my PS2 for now. However, another plan I had for PS2 afterI bought was to create my own "SmashMyPS2" video.

Stupid idea? Maybe...but not if your PS2 is dying on you.
Old 2006-12-14, 15:11   Link #240
Gundam Zero Force

Quote:
Stupid idea? Maybe...but not if your PS2 is dying on you.
That sucks it is dying on you . . . . mine still looks brand new . . I've had it for like 3 years + now . . . I have a knack for keeping things clean and looking brand new . . . . . the other day I played Gundam Battle Assualt 2 . . There is nothing like whipping out an old PS1 game and duking it out and beating the CP player to the ground LOL

Tags
console, ps3, sony