AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-12-15, 18:47   Link #21
Hesquidor
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post


Edit: YATTA!!! I found it!

Ack, you bet me to it...


Spoiler:


I'm really sorry I sound so convoluted. This is the first time I've really had such a good pour over a manga with someone. It's making me hyper. Plus I've had like four hours sleep in the last day. Maybe I should go to bed for the sake of all our sanity.
Hesquidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-15, 22:58   Link #22
White Manju Bun
WHY DOESNT SEMPAI LIKE ME
*Author
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Shibuya Psychic Research
^ Im gonna have to go back and read the vols that mention him again

Spoiler for adding on to what Hessie said:
__________________
Archer - F/SNManju's Stuff
"I will always remember
when the Doctor was me."
- 11th Doctor.
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 03:27   Link #23
Cilia
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 30
Wow, such an interesting thread !

Curiosity totally got me few days ago after watching some of the anime episodes. Somehow, I've managed to have a quick look at the manga up to vol 9. Chinese version, but i'm not sure. Worst of all is that I'm far from being fluent in chinese, so all I could do was some rambling "ahah nice doodles" ... "wah creepy ghost" ... Blame my lack of knowledge ><

Anyway, i've somehow built my own theories, and that's why I'm posting in the first place

So here it comes...

First, about Mai's dreams.
Spoiler:


On a side note about Mai,
Spoiler:


Then, there's Naru "I'm the mysterious but quite handsome guy, don't you think so ?" case
And that's where I start to cry because images alone won't give me clear hints about his background ! Once again, my crazy imagination comes to the rescue...
Spoiler:


On a final note about Naru,
Spoiler:


I hope my assumptions wasn't too boring, it seems i've written a block ^^; . I'll put away my english dictionnary for now
I shall ask Santa Amazon Claus to bring me US Ghost Hunt volumes for x-mas since in France there is no license !

Ps : so mush spoiler tags... I assume that I'm perhaps too careful !
__________________
Out beyond the idea of right thinking and wrong thinking is a field... I will meet you there...
Jalaluddin Rumi

Last edited by Cilia; 2006-12-16 at 03:44. Reason: added a third conclusion !
Cilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 11:18   Link #24
White Manju Bun
WHY DOESNT SEMPAI LIKE ME
*Author
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Shibuya Psychic Research
Yay more manga readers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cilia View Post
On a final note about Naru,
Spoiler:
Spoiler for more about that:
__________________
Archer - F/SNManju's Stuff
"I will always remember
when the Doctor was me."
- 11th Doctor.
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 11:20   Link #25
LKK
Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Virginia, USA
Age: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Edit: YATTA!!! I found it!
Spoiler for from vol 3 about his eyes:
Good going!
Spoiler for discussing what you found:


I'll be upfront with everyone. I know things about Naru and Mai's dreams that I've learned from people who have read the novels and listened to the CD dramas. I don't know all the answers to our questions especially questions about Lin and Masako unfortunately. I promise that I won't write anything that I know in advance of the manga here in the forum. I don't want anyone to accidentally learn something h/she doesn't want to know just yet. (I will admit my theorizing is based in part on my spoiler knowledge. So I'm very careful about what I will and won't theorize about.) However, if you absolutely positively want to know some answers before they are revealed in the manga (whenever that may be), I'll tell you what I know in a PM if you promise not to share that knowledge on the forum not even under a spoiler button.

Drop me a PM if you want some answers now. Just keep in mind the non-disclosure agreement and that I don't have all the answers you may want.
LKK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 11:30   Link #26
White Manju Bun
WHY DOESNT SEMPAI LIKE ME
*Author
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Shibuya Psychic Research
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Good going!
Spoiler for discussing what you found:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK
I'll be upfront with everyone. I know things about Naru and Mai's dreams that I've learned from people who have read the novels and listened to the CD dramas. I don't know all the answers to our questions especially questions about Lin and Masako unfortunately. I promise that I won't write anything that I know in advance of the manga here in the forum. I don't want anyone to accidentally learn something h/she doesn't want to know just yet. (I will admit my theorizing is based in part on my spoiler knowledge. So I'm very careful about what I will and won't theorize about.) However, if you absolutely positively want to know some answers before they are revealed in the manga (whenever that may be), I'll tell you what I know in a PM if you promise not to share that knowledge on the forum not even under a spoiler button.

Drop me a PM if you want some answers now. Just keep in mind the non-disclosure agreement and that I don't have all the answers you may want.
Man....youre totally feeding my "Omg I want to know now side!" but at the same time.......
__________________
Archer - F/SNManju's Stuff
"I will always remember
when the Doctor was me."
- 11th Doctor.
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 11:31   Link #27
LKK
Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Virginia, USA
Age: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesquidor View Post
Spoiler:
Was your spoiler theory originally part of your post? I don't remember it from earlier.

Spoiler for about your theory:
LKK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 11:38   Link #28
LKK
Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Virginia, USA
Age: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Man....youre totally feeding my "Omg I want to know now side!" but at the same time.......
I know what you mean. I'm both happy and sad that I know what I know. It gives me a different perspective from everyone else's. Sometimes I wish I didn't know so much. Other times, I'm glad that I do because I can be so impatient to learn everything I possibly can when I'm intrigued by a subject.

Everything I learned I learned after reading through volume 5. Volume 6 will be the first one I read where I know the story is heading.
LKK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 11:41   Link #29
White Manju Bun
WHY DOESNT SEMPAI LIKE ME
*Author
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Shibuya Psychic Research
This is totally off topic but I LOVE MY NEW AVY!!!! ok anyways

Spoiler for about Oliver Davis:
__________________
Archer - F/SNManju's Stuff
"I will always remember
when the Doctor was me."
- 11th Doctor.
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 14:59   Link #30
LKK
Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Virginia, USA
Age: 52
You had some very interesting thoughts, Cilia, and I totally by-passed them earlier. Shame on me. One thing I especially want to comment on since you asked a question about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cilia View Post
On a side note about Mai,
Spoiler:
I had a similar thought. Since this has happened a couple of times already, I don't think it needs a spoiler button any more.

Whenever Mai reaches panic stage and starts mentally calling for help, sI've noticed that someone almost always arrives with to help and the evil thingie that's threatening her disappears. So far nothing obvious in the manga explains this as far as I can see. My three theories on this:

1) Mai is somehow partially able to disperse the evil thingie herself.
2) Mai's call for help reaches others on a subliminal level.
3) Bad reliance on plot coincidence by the novelist.

Reasons number one and two are theories I wouldn't mind having confirmed. Reason number three would be very disappointing to learn.

PS to White Manju Bun: Love the new avatar!
LKK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 15:54   Link #31
White Manju Bun
WHY DOESNT SEMPAI LIKE ME
*Author
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Shibuya Psychic Research
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
I had a similar thought. Since this has happened a couple of times already, I don't think it needs a spoiler button any more.

Whenever Mai reaches panic stage and starts mentally calling for help, sI've noticed that someone almost always arrives with to help and the evil thingie that's threatening her disappears. So far nothing obvious in the manga explains this as far as I can see. My three theories on this:

1) Mai is somehow partially able to disperse the evil thingie herself.
2) Mai's call for help reaches others on a subliminal level.
3) Bad reliance on plot coincidence by the novelist.

Reasons number one and two are theories I wouldn't mind having confirmed. Reason number three would be very disappointing to learn.
I started to wonder that too after a while. Since when Mai is scared it seems someone always comes to help her, however

Spoiler for in vol 5:


Btw the way I noticed a MAJOR flaw bwtn the manga and the anime relating to vol 3 and epi 7
Spoiler:


Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK
PS to White Manju Bun: Love the new avatar!
Hehehe thx
__________________
Archer - F/SNManju's Stuff
"I will always remember
when the Doctor was me."
- 11th Doctor.
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 16:22   Link #32
LKK
Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Virginia, USA
Age: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Btw the way I noticed a MAJOR flaw bwtn the manga and the anime relating to vol 3 and epi 7
Spoiler:
In Impz's blog of episode 10, she mentions
Spoiler:
LKK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 17:18   Link #33
White Manju Bun
WHY DOESNT SEMPAI LIKE ME
*Author
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Shibuya Psychic Research
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
In Impz's blog of episode 10, she mentions
Spoiler:

Makes sense and one other thing
Spoiler:
__________________
Archer - F/SNManju's Stuff
"I will always remember
when the Doctor was me."
- 11th Doctor.
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 17:45   Link #34
LKK
Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Virginia, USA
Age: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Makes sense and one other thing
Spoiler:
Yes,
Spoiler:
LKK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 17:57   Link #35
White Manju Bun
WHY DOESNT SEMPAI LIKE ME
*Author
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Shibuya Psychic Research
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Yes,
Spoiler:

Ok that's what I thought since they do show Mai's but his but I figured he'd have to have one. Obviously me not being able to read tradionally Japanese text makes it hard
__________________
Archer - F/SNManju's Stuff
"I will always remember
when the Doctor was me."
- 11th Doctor.
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-17, 21:00   Link #36
mercury589
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Lightbulb

Okay, I've actually got a lot of what could be spoilers. I got them from reading a fanfic story by a girl who appears to have read both the books and mangas that are available in japan. While I am not supposed to be linking to the website where her fanfics for ghost hunt are, I will do so for reference for everyone. This does have the potential to ruin the mystery of a lot that goes on behind the scenes in ghost hunt.
Spoiler:

I've got to admit when I learned this stuff I was really surprised, but it does explain a lot.

Last edited by mercury589; 2006-12-17 at 21:01. Reason: spoiler hiding didn't work.
mercury589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-17, 21:04   Link #37
mercury589
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Sorry

Here's the website with the fanfic, half of the fanfics are in japanese, but it's the first story and it's still unfinished.
http://shadow.randomfandom.com/kagesai/fics/index.htm
mercury589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-17, 22:37   Link #38
White Manju Bun
WHY DOESNT SEMPAI LIKE ME
*Author
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Shibuya Psychic Research
AH!!! I clicked the spoiler!! I read the first 3 words and clicked it again, Im not reading anymore!

Crap....why did I do that....ok no worries now Im just gotta go back and figure stuff out.

SERIOUSLY!!! MASSIVE SPOILER!!! ~baka Manju~
__________________
Archer - F/SNManju's Stuff
"I will always remember
when the Doctor was me."
- 11th Doctor.
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-18, 00:46   Link #39
mercury589
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
I know, I couldn't believe it after I read that story. I mean most of the spoilers aren't really explained so I am not 100% positive on all of it especially the dream part, but the first sentence sentence she does explain. While her fanfic is pretty good, it still does reveal a lot of the story.
mercury589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-18, 01:43   Link #40
White Manju Bun
WHY DOESNT SEMPAI LIKE ME
*Author
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Shibuya Psychic Research
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury589 View Post
I know, I couldn't believe it after I read that story. I mean most of the spoilers aren't really explained so I am not 100% positive on all of it especially the dream part, but the first sentence sentence she does explain. While her fanfic is pretty good, it still does reveal a lot of the story.
I didnt read the story since I really dont want to be spoiled (then why did I click the spoiler link, youre asking )
So Ill leave that to another time.
__________________
Archer - F/SNManju's Stuff
"I will always remember
when the Doctor was me."
- 11th Doctor.
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mystery, shoujo

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:18.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.