AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2006-12-15, 19:45   Link #1
Shurato

Send a message via ICQ to Shurato Send a message via AIM to Shurato Send a message via MSN to Shurato Send a message via Yahoo to Shurato
Downloading Jigoku Shoujo Live Action

Episode 2 (and 1 v2) don't seem to be correct torrent links. I'd like to download the second episode, but each time the torrent isn't recognized and I'm only given the option to save or cancel a file with jibberish for the filetype. Any help here? Oddly, the tracker shows the torrent as active.
Shurato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 02:06   Link #2
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I tried downloading these episodes, but they worked perfectly for me. Clicked the links and they started downloading without any trouble.

Try right-clicking on the link and choosing "save as..." to save the torrent file to disk. Then double-click the filer or open it with your BT client.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 03:39   Link #3
xris
Just call me Ojisan

I have the same problem as the poster, when I try saving the torrent on my disc, the file is called [J4V&amp. Same thing happens if I visit the J4V site and try and download from there.

Seems the ampersand "&" in the filename screws things up for me.

I think what is needed is that you need to save the file onto your disc and then rename the torrent file.

J4V&amp
To:
[j4v&skewed-s]_jigoku_shoujo_live_action_01v2_[d0e46673].mp4.torrent

That's for ep 1v2, not sure of the actual filename for ep 2 since I'm still having the same problem if I use the D-Addicts page to try and download from.

Just had a look at the comments left at the D-Addicts site (here) and it seems others have had the same problem with the torrents. Here's what the suggestion is.

J4V&amp
To:
Jigoku Shoujo ep2.torrent

Edit: I've updated the AnimeSuki database so the torrents point to the d-addicts torrents, see if that helps at all. The actual problem is with the hosting site, seems they haven't correctly set up the torrents.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 10:15   Link #4
Shurato

Send a message via ICQ to Shurato Send a message via AIM to Shurato Send a message via MSN to Shurato Send a message via Yahoo to Shurato
Thumbs up Jigoku Shoujo Live Action ep. 2 torrent filename debacle...

Arigatoo! Saving, renaming then opening worked just great! I can't wait to watch this, I love the series and the live action version (at least the first episode) wasn't disappointing.

I appreciate you looking into this, hopefully this thread will help other people. I had searched the forums before posting and didn't see any relevant posts at the time. Thanks again!
Shurato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 13:12   Link #5
DWKnight
Torrent Goon

Send a message via ICQ to DWKnight Send a message via AIM to DWKnight Send a message via MSN to DWKnight Send a message via Yahoo to DWKnight
Yet another site that didn't follow http://btfaq.com/serve/cache/61.html
DWKnight is offline   Reply With Quote