AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-24, 05:23   Link #21
hdx514
馬甲

now i probably despise the old man more than anyone else but c'mon you've gotta acknowledge his power and skill. he founded the academy for christ sake. i'd say it's a given that he's way more skillful than byakuya or any other good shinigami out there. talking about raw power, the old man has the zanpakutou with the greatest attack power, not kenpachi. and if kenpachi's reiatsu was really higher than yamaji he would have instantly immobilized shuhei and tetsuzaemon, like the old man did to nanao, instead of having his 3rd and 5th take care of them.
Spoiler:

the geezer's retarded but he is definitely POWERFUL.
Old 2006-12-24, 05:39   Link #22
highvision
A.O.S.A.

Zaraki is strong but it doesn't mean he is the strongest. Yamamoto definitely deserves some credit, he is the wise(?) old master and his #1 pupils, Ukitake and Shunsui shouldn't be forgotten as well. Byakuya has skill but it doesn't mean he's more experienced, he is still relatively young compared to those 3.

Ichigo didn't need Bankai in the Zaraki fight because:

1) Kubo had to save bankai for the Byakuya fight and plus, he didn't even know what the hell Bankai was.

2) The fight was basically raw power vs. raw power. Ichigo didn't need all the speed/skill to fight Zaraki because its just both of them charging idiotically at each other.
Old 2006-12-24, 07:53   Link #23
Flashdance
Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdx514 View Post
"shinigamis using other weapons?!" i can't believe you even said that. one's zanpakutou IS NOT "any weapon", it is an integral part of oneself, the real life equivalence would be an arm/leg. kenpachi didn't use "any melee" weapon, nor did ichigo. it's their own strength they relied upon. shinigamis zanpakutous are unique to their users, so zangetsu's awesomeness has everything to do with ichigo's power. what you're saying is as ridiculous as "kenpachi with anyone's reiatsu > ichigo with that reiatsu excluding ichigo's own reiatsu."

go ahead, name one shinigami that relies on other weapons/reiatsu besides his/her own zanapkutou/reiatsu
In the Anime Rukia used an old katana (which wasnt her Zanpaktou) to fight against
Yoshi. And Ran´tao used that spirit gun and that small dagger to fight against Kariya.
Mayuri also uses alot of small blades and other devices to attack besides her zanpaktou. Plus new shinigamis cant instantly use their zanpaktous, they have to use training swords first, I think.

So its not like Shinigamis cant use other weapons besides their zanpaktous.
Of course a shinigami would prefer their zankpaktou instead of any other weapon.
The point is that Ichigo can actually pull out strength of his zanpaktou like using Shikai (and so on), unlike Zaraki who just uses his zanpaktou as a tool (like he said) to fight. So theoretical Ichigo would get much more weaker then Zaraki when both would use normal katanas instead of their zanpaktous.
Old 2006-12-24, 08:12   Link #24
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashdance View Post
In the Anime Rukia used an old katana (which wasnt her Zanpaktou) to fight against
Yoshi. And Ran´tao used that spirit gun and that small dagger to fight against Kariya.
Mayuri also uses alot of small blades and other devices to attack besides her zanpaktou. Plus new shinigamis cant instantly use their zanpaktous, they have to use training swords first, I think.
Actually unfortunately all your examples are non canon. Rantao and yoshi are filler material. Mayuri in the manga never really used any blades if i remember correctly. Shinigami who do not have zanpakuto use ausauchi.

But anyway zangetsu itself probably had some things to do with his strength. This can be seen when ichigo saw white ichigo using zangetsu. He commented on the immense reiatsu zangetsu emitted.
Closed Thread