AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2004-01-22, 22:58   Link #1
Krisi

No sound codec for WMP ??

Hi there! I'm trying to play an anime I downloaded off of this site, however when I attempt to play it on WMP and even DivX, there's no sound, and it says I need to download an adequate codec. I've tried, but to no avail. I'm not sure if it's the codecs I've tryed downloading or not, but I'm in a rut... could someone please help me? =)
Old 2004-01-22, 23:20   Link #2
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

Can we get more details about the file?
Old 2004-01-23, 16:47   Link #3
Krisi

I downloaded the anime Violinist of Hamelin here on this site. I also downloaded the new Bit Torrent version that's out. The default player is my WMP, but I also tried it on DivX and it said the same error message, which reads:

Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The file may be formatted with an unsupported codec, or the Internet security setting on your computer is set too high. Lower your browser's security setting, and then try again.

I went to the Mircosoft page and downloaded some codecs that didn't seem to work. I also did what it suggested by turning down the internet security to "low" and the sound still won't work. =\ The difference between my WMP and my DivX is that my DixX actually plays the video, except with no sound. WMP plays absolutely nothing.
Old 2004-01-23, 18:43   Link #4
Mithos
Disabled By Request

Try G Spot to find the codec. I think that should help.