AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-10-08, 17:54   Link #41
PixyMisa
Cabbit Farmer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Happy day!

A fansub finally arrives and we get a second season!

Even if I'm not in it, exactly.
PixyMisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 02:10   Link #42
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Man Tenchi has staying power. I remember watching a movie at a friends house way back in 1996 and I thought that it was a standalone product. Boy was I wrong.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 02:51   Link #43
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
It's non-mecha Gundam. It keeps going, and going, and going...

Not that it's bad, mind you.
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 15:49   Link #44
suguru
京都 ikitai~
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: massugu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Man Tenchi has staying power. I remember watching a movie at a friends house way back in 1996 and I thought that it was a standalone product. Boy was I wrong.
Yeah, those characters have appeared in just an insane number of series. Three OVA series, the Tenchi Universe TV series, the Mihoshi Special, Pretty Sammy OVA and TV, three movies, Tenchi in Tokyo, even Battle Programmer Shirase if you count a character from a Tenchi spinoff (Misao from Pretty Sammy) appearing in it.

I felt like I'd won the lottery when I saw the fansub for Mahou Shoujo Club, I'd given up hope that anyone would ever sub this since it aired back in April. It looks good so far though, it doesn't look like it'll be as funny or be as much of a parody as Pretty Sammy was, but there's definitely some potential and the new Sasami's seiyuu takes a little getting used to but isn't bad. Washu is always entertaining to watch, she's definitely my favorite mad scientist in anime. Damn, Sasami has long eyelashes though...and Daimon-san somehow looks like a vampire to me, maybe it's the slicked-back hair...
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 22:16   Link #45
usagihime
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
I just dl'ed it but it won't work on VLC or MPC, dangit. Weird because every other anime people seem to have problems with have worked for me but all I'm getting on this is the sound and no picture. They don't really have a site or contact info to ask them either. Any suggestions? Please and thank you.
usagihime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 22:37   Link #46
suguru
京都 ikitai~
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: massugu
Quote:
Originally Posted by usagihime View Post
I just dl'ed it but it won't work on VLC or MPC, dangit. Weird because every other anime people seem to have problems with have worked for me but all I'm getting on this is the sound and no picture. They don't really have a site or contact info to ask them either. Any suggestions? Please and thank you.
It works for me using the CCCP codec pack with MPC or Zoom Player...since I installed CCCP I have yet to find a fansub that won't play back properly (on my Windows laptop anyway).
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 22:45   Link #47
usagihime
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by suguru View Post
It works for me using the CCCP codec pack with MPC or Zoom Player...since I installed CCCP I have yet to find a fansub that won't play back properly (on my Windows laptop anyway).
Ah, thank you. That seems to have fixed it right up, guess it's been longer than I thought since I updated my CCCP. Doumo
usagihime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 22:58   Link #48
PixyMisa
Cabbit Farmer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by suguru View Post
It looks good so far though, it doesn't look like it'll be as funny or be as much of a parody as Pretty Sammy was, but there's definitely some potential and the new Sasami's seiyuu takes a little getting used to but isn't bad.
Mana Ogawa, who was just 12 at the time.
PixyMisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 23:02   Link #49
PixyMisa
Cabbit Farmer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
I was watching the raws, but it was hard going. My Japanese isn't really up to the task; for example, I didn't catch that
Spoiler:


So big yays to Muri Fansubs!
PixyMisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 02:15   Link #50
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Ok, question. Not exactly on this exact topic, but related. (I've been meaning to ask this question forever):

I found a trailer a couple years back about a Magical Girl Pretty Sammy movie/OVA sequel to the TV series. I believe the trailer said the movie was scheduled for July 1997. It had all the characters from the TV series looking just like they did in the TV series. It had the exact same character designs. It had the same voice actors speaking new lines not said in the TV series. It was 99% animation not seen in the TV series. (the other 1% was a few scenes from the TV series OP. It was called "The God Boys vs. the Magical Girls." (yeah, I know, major "wtf???" on the name, but it fit what was being shown in the trailer) It had the same feel as Japanese movie trailers back then.

But I can't find anything about it. I've used several internet search engines but can't find it online. I'm 100% positive it wasn't a fake. Anybody know anything?
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 07:01   Link #51
Mystery Person X
Magical Boy
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I found a trailer a couple years back about a Magical Girl Pretty Sammy movie/OVA sequel to the TV series. I believe the trailer said the movie was scheduled for July 1997. It had all the characters from the TV series looking just like they did in the TV series. It had the exact same character designs. It had the same voice actors speaking new lines not said in the TV series. It was 99% animation not seen in the TV series. (the other 1% was a few scenes from the TV series OP. It was called "The God Boys vs. the Magical Girls." (yeah, I know, major "wtf???" on the name, but it fit what was being shown in the trailer) It had the same feel as Japanese movie trailers back then.
It's a fake trailer created as an LD/DVD extra. See also: My-HiME.
Mystery Person X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 10:34   Link #52
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsessive Touga Fan View Post
It's a fake trailer created as an LD/DVD extra. See also: My-HiME.
Ah.

I knew the My-Hime one was a fake. But bleh. I think a Pretty Sammy movie would have been successful.
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 14:35   Link #53
sas)orcarin
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
You could quite consider the Pretty Sammy OVA episodes (3) as mini-movies. If I remember correctly, they are about twice as long as a regular anime episode. Besides, a series of 3 episodes... Is hard to be called series anyway. :/
sas)orcarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-23, 13:23   Link #54
SilentBob
I like corm
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Norway
Age: 39
Took another glance at episode 1, and is it just me or does the principal remind of Junichiro Koizumi?
SilentBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-13, 05:41   Link #55
sas)orcarin
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Due to harddisk storage room shortage, I can't download any of the episodes of the second season.

Can anyone here give a quick update, please?
sas)orcarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-13, 09:14   Link #56
Greenish Growth
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by sas)orcarin View Post
Due to harddisk storage room shortage, I can't download any of the episodes of the second season.

Can anyone here give a quick update, please?
How far did you watch the second season?
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-26, 23:21   Link #57
Nergol
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Just saw Episode 1. My, that was Loliriffic.

Over a year now, and only one episode fansubbed. What's going on here?
Nergol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-27, 13:43   Link #58
Garylisk
Baka Neko!
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: St. Louis, MO
Age: 34
Send a message via ICQ to Garylisk Send a message via AIM to Garylisk Send a message via MSN to Garylisk Send a message via Yahoo to Garylisk Send a message via Skype™ to Garylisk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nergol View Post
Just saw Episode 1. My, that was Loliriffic.

Over a year now, and only one episode fansubbed. What's going on here?
More on the way quickly.
__________________
-+-[Garylisk | Busybody of FoT | http://www.fotsubs.net/]-+-
Garylisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-27, 18:13   Link #59
Hayami
lonely soul
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: The Age of Evening Calm
OK, just watched your version. First of all - thank you very much for your effort! Perhaps I shouldn't criticise anything and I apologize in advance, but...
Spoiler:


Spoiler:
__________________
Hayami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-27, 20:04   Link #60
Garylisk
Baka Neko!
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: St. Louis, MO
Age: 34
Send a message via ICQ to Garylisk Send a message via AIM to Garylisk Send a message via MSN to Garylisk Send a message via Yahoo to Garylisk Send a message via Skype™ to Garylisk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayami View Post
OK, just watched your version. First of all - thank you very much for your effort! Perhaps I shouldn't criticise anything and I apologize in advance, but...
Spoiler:


Spoiler:

The video quality actually has a lot to do with the filters I used, and I am probably going to release a version 2 of episode 1 because of all the problems that have been noticed post-release.

And the "Sasami's a Ninja" line? Well, that's a sort of inside joke between me and some friends of mine - Sorry to anyone who was confused by it :P

I just started a forum at http://fotaw.forumer.com and there is a critique forum, as well as general discussion forums - if anyone is interested. All the critique is very important to me, and definitely appreciated. It's sad to say, but this release is probably the sloppiest one I've ever done

EDIT: BTW, the raw is from l33t-raws.
__________________
-+-[Garylisk | Busybody of FoT | http://www.fotsubs.net/]-+-

Last edited by Garylisk; 2006-12-27 at 20:41.
Garylisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:25.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.