AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2006-12-25, 16:28   Link #1
Tasdern
Kairin fan club member

Question DVD Playback problem with CCCP.

After installing CCCP and using Windows Media Player v 11, I cannot show subtitles when playing a DVD.

The English subtitles do not play for Inuyasha, Al Yori Aoshi, and most significantly Hero from Miramax Films.

The anime are from smaller shops but Hero is from a major player so now Iím convinced it is a problem with CCCP.

~ Tasdern
Old 2006-12-25, 19:46   Link #2
Nicholi
King of Hosers

Lol, yay for double posting... I'm only going to respond to the CCCP thread though.
Nicholi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-26, 12:17   Link #3
Tasdern
Kairin fan club member

Solved. From the CCCP Forum.

Quote: "Keeper of Demons" You probably have filters from another dvd player software. In that case, simply install CCCP without the MPV (Mpeg2) Decoder 1.0.0.3 and all should work fine after that.

Simply installing MPC should not alter anything, really.

Just as a precaution, if the above does not work, take the insurgent and do a File -> Save log and post the contents of the resulting text file here.

Perfect! This was the exact solution I needed. In hindsight it makes complete sense.

Everything is working just fine with WMP.

Thanks for the help.
Old 2006-12-30, 23:53   Link #4
IRJustman
Founder, Sprocket Hole
*Fansubber

For my laptop, since it's too slow for MPC's internal MPEG-2 decoder, I installed DScaler5 and used its MPEG-2 decoder and it works fairly well.

As backup, since I have a surfeit of PowerDVD installation CDs from all my Lite-On DVD-ROM and DVD burners, I installed one of those so I could get CyberLink's MPEG-2 decoder (and it seems a bit faster still).

In both cases, I use AC3Filter for Dolby Digital decoding.

--Ian.

P.S. I have not tried using AC3Filter's DTS/DCA support. I don't have any DTS/DCA-encoded material to try it out with.

Last edited by IRJustman; 2007-01-01 at 05:12. Reason: Added note about DTS/DCA decoding.
IRJustman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-31, 01:49   Link #5
Nicholi
King of Hosers

The problem is essentially that Gabest's MPEG2 decoder is not "Microsoft" compliant, even though it may be MPEG2 compliant. This issue has come up from time to time with users who are not using MPC or ZP to watch their DVDs. So Gabest's decoder is unfortunately not guaranteed to work in all MS applications appropriately, such as WMP or XP MCE... even though it will work perfectly in MPC (and ZP). I didn't think at first that Gabest's filter could affect more then just video decoding but it seems this issue with the visible subtitle tracks in WMP is related to it as well. Next CCCP version the MPEG2 decoder should have a lower merit level, as it seems nowadays almost everyone has an MPEG2 decoder installed from something else. Typically Cyberlink, Intervideo, Nero, or some other weird junk n_n. The typical solution has been "reinstall without the MPV Decoder" for too long, we need a real solution n_n.
Nicholi is offline   Reply With Quote