AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-20, 12:27   Link #21
soraryu

Shounen Onmyouji should be given a try since it has both characterisation as well as plenty of action.

However, ghost hunt is actually very good if she's not totally averse to horror (i.e. that's horror as in thrilling, suspenseful with horror themes without the physical aspects of horror shows).
Old 2006-12-20, 13:01   Link #22
Mandrake

don't forget Twelve Kingdoms
Old 2006-12-20, 19:45   Link #23
Nergol

Honey and Clover. No question.
Old 2006-12-21, 00:03   Link #24
CrimsonFury
Behold the Fury

Depends on the girl, I found The Rouroni Kenshin Ova's(Samurai X Trust and Betrayal) to be perfect, you may worry her in the first minute or two in the the OVa's but after you get into the whole Tomoe thing you'll have her melted into the pot Chicks love the romance.

Cowboy Bebop is a very good series or movie to use. It has a serious overall plot, great characters and has some fun characters to counter balance some of it's darker beautifull plot line.

Samurai Champloo, very similar to bebop, having the same director and team will do that

I see alot of people putting Twelve Kingdoms, it is a great show and I could definately see alot of girls liking it, however the beasts in it may throw them off it early

I'de personally reccomend going on an anime that has some more normal boundries, supernatural things may be not a good thing to touch on first taste with many girls.
Old 2006-12-21, 00:19   Link #25
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

How has no one mentioned Fruits Basket yet? That show draws women like like a shark to blood.
Although, if she's more the intellectual type, I hesitate to recommend it. If that be the case, I second Crest of the Stars and Ah! My Goddess.
Old 2006-12-21, 01:01   Link #26
myopius

A (intellectual) girl I know liked Kino's Journey and Higurashi no naku koro ni... lol. Well, you don't want a series that's enjoyable but which she'll easily forget about, so although she liked Kino's Journey more, Higurashi for the win, maybe. Actually Full Metal Alchemist could be a good idea, as far as keeping one's interest... she would have to be a kind of person who can follow what's going on in and enjoy fantasy/scifi novels, though. Oh, and all the female casual / non-casual anime fans I know really love and adorable Ouran High School Host Club, and I get the feeling that any girl with a good sense of humor would, probably. People also generally love the humor of Azumanga Diaoh which someone mentioned.

Overall, I think, an absurdist/satirical (but not mindfuck, I'd say) comedy anime, or an ordinary anime that's engaging but which doesn't rely on a lot of weird cliches, would be best. (By weird cliches I mean stereotypical social/behavior story elements that seem a bit weird to people who don't watch anime.) For some reason I have difficulty thinking about which kind of anime the girl you describe would like, actually... Probably Ouran. Maybe Fumoffu? s-CRY-ed? Oh, if you want an anime to deepen your relationship, His & Her Circumstances could be food for thought for both of you, lol (and it was also enjoyed by that girl I know). Edit: Oh duh, Death Note would be a definite consideration. It's OK, Light can share.
Old 2006-12-21, 17:58   Link #27
Rurouni

anyone who seconds Rurouni Kenshin OVA?
Old 2006-12-21, 17:59   Link #28
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Well, the first 2 are bloody, but they are good. The third one is depressing, but it's good, too.
Old 2006-12-22, 07:19   Link #29
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
the thing youd probably wanna do is introduce different kinds of anime, before shed start tinking that all series are alike, as of her being a girl shed probably like Air or Kanon as one cathegory and then something more, how you call it ... like FMA or somehting alike, thats the best way to introduce it to my thoughts, if you were to show her negima of something harem like shed probably think that all series are for perverts, thus thats where kanon and air come in ^^
Old 2007-01-02, 10:16   Link #30
Rurouni

after asking this question, getting al the information from you guys, getting some of the advised anime's......it was all for nothing she came home early last week seeing me watch Naruto. She watched a couple of episodes with me (after the 2nd chuunin exam, so all the fights) and she really liked it.
Old 2007-01-02, 10:42   Link #31
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

What? Naruto???

Oh well, whatever works then.
Old 2007-01-03, 21:42   Link #32
mangafanatic

If I were your girl friend, and I didn't watch anime-- I'd want you to make me watch Honey and Clover. It's incredible. It's very fun, it features very deep relationships, and it's just one incredible show. This is one of those shows that I think has themes universal enough that you don't have to be a fan of anime. . . you just have to be a fan of life to like this show.
Old 2007-01-04, 03:21   Link #33
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

How about Suzuka.

Suzuka ( if you havent watched it already) is one of the best romance anime i have watched.

Full metal panic and Midori no Hibi wouldnt be bad choices eaither.

Good luck.
Old 2007-01-04, 03:56   Link #34
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

^ Too bad Suzuka has a side effect of wanting to smash your head on the keyboard because of the way the characters act
Old 2007-01-04, 03:58   Link #35
anselfir
Style Über Alles

KGNE, Haruhi, Crest of the Stars (BoTS should be seen after crest if she's beginner), his and her circumstances is interesting as well, but I haven't finished that series to judge.

Full moon wo sagashite is too childish in the first few episodes, not sure if that's the right way to go.

FMA is not that complex anyway, children appreciate it better than someone like me, who doesn't like to be told bad philosophy repeatedly.

in general, shows with things like lollies or ecchi should be avoided.
Old 2007-01-04, 04:00   Link #36
raffy06

OT: Hmm good luck in converting your girl then (I have troubles with converting mine hahah). It's more like she tries to convert me to K-drama while I convert her to anime. >.<
Old 2007-01-04, 05:38   Link #37
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
^ Too bad Suzuka has a side effect of wanting to smash your head on the keyboard because of the way the characters act

I would have agreed with you, if you would had said Character . But still its a good romance anime. I really liked the storyline of suzuka and so Eventhough it is anoying some times dealing with Suzuka, i would still recomend it .