AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-12-31, 01:53   Link #821
Rahan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: France
It is said nowhere that Gai is as bad as Lee at Ninjutsu and Genjutsu.

I think he tries to be a model for Lee and so restrains himself to do only what Lee can learn.

Spoiler for manga:
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-31, 13:45   Link #822
onepiecelover
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Classified Info :P
Age: 26
Haha I rememeber that chapter it was awesome, but I just hope that Lee is not severly handicapped by his diability and can never surpass his mentor
onepiecelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-03, 05:07   Link #823
cheese no koma
kita kita oyaji
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Can anyone suggest the best filler arc to watch apart from bikochu?
cheese no koma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-03, 05:31   Link #824
Rahan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: France
I guess that would be the Sea Country Arc (ep 169-173), featuring Naruto, Ino (even more useless than Sakura at her worst), Shino and Anko (portrayed as very weak because of her Cursed Seal though). The fight are not very good, but the plot is pretty good. (even if there is again the same old cliché "you and I are the same" between Naruto and a freak. I am afraid they ruined the character of Anko with their non-canon flashbacks of her relation with Orochimaru though. Still it's worth watching, I think.

The bounty hunter Arc (ep 159-160, with Kiba and Hinata), as well as the Bird Country Arc (ep 162-167, with TenTen and Neji) are also passable.
If you want to watch some fillers, I guess you should download 159-173. However, be careful to not watch episodes 161, 168 and 174, which are the 3 worst episodes ever.

Last edited by Rahan; 2007-01-03 at 05:43.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-03, 17:04   Link #825
onepiecelover
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Classified Info :P
Age: 26
I loved the latest filler arc it was sad and nice watch 213-215 ^^
onepiecelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-04, 18:46   Link #826
Pailong
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
[Manga] chapter with pic... [spoiler]

hi, does anyone remember which chapter it was with the pic showing the different generations of the fire country. i think it showed the first hokage teaching his' students, then the third hokage teaching the legendary three, then showing jiraiya with his three, then yondaime with his three and kakashi was, well you know. i think it was something like that. does anyone rememeber which chapter it was? thanks.
Pailong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-04, 18:58   Link #827
Rahan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: France
You are sure it wasn't fan art ?

I don't remember seeing all the hokages in master/student relations on a single picture. Especially a picture where Shodaime and Kakashi would be present.

However, if more than one picture is good for you :

Spoiler for Shodaime, Nidaime and Sandaime:

Spoiler for Sandaime and the Sannins:

Spoiler for Jiraiya and Yondaime:

Spoiler for Yondaime and Kakashi:

Spoiler for Kakashi and the brats:


I don't know from which chapters those pictures come, but I am pretty sure they are not from the same chapter.

Last edited by Rahan; 2007-01-04 at 19:12.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-04, 19:15   Link #828
Pailong
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
yeah these are the pics im talking about. it was all in one chapter. need to find which chapter.
Pailong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-04, 20:36   Link #829
Papaya
Sup
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Atlanta
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
I see. Fuzzy hair = uber teacher.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-04, 22:30   Link #830
cat1516
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by eLcHaKeTeRo View Post
Is it me or have they changed some of the voices in the anime.......
i think they have
cat1516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-04, 22:51   Link #831
cat1516
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss rave View Post
Does Konohamaru's name come from joining konoha and orochimaru together?
maybe!!
cat1516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-04, 23:03   Link #832
cat1516
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Can't be certain...
The record between them pre-timeskip was Gai winning 50 to 49... however that record includes stuff like eating contests and games of rock, paper, sissors... So actual strength between the two is rather unknown
im not sure but i think kakashi is better
cat1516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-04, 23:05   Link #833
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
It is said nowhere that Gai is as bad as Lee at Ninjutsu and Genjutsu.

I think he tries to be a model for Lee and so restrains himself to do only what Lee can learn.
Well according to Gai's stats in the databook, he does indeed have some ability in both ninjutsu and genjutsu... however, his stats in both a fairly low for a jounin, there comparable to that of a genin (maybe a low chunin)... on the other hand, his stats in taijutsu, speed, power and stamina are all maxed out...

So really, it seems like the only reason he uses taijutsu is because that's what he's really good at... when it comes down to it, his ninjustu and genjutsu are probably pretty useless in a serious, jounin level fight

Last edited by Slayerx; 2007-01-04 at 23:28.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-05, 06:46   Link #834
swerv
Stay Up
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: :noitacoL
Volume 14 Chapter 122

Just been rereading the manga so I've seen it recently.
__________________
swerv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-05, 07:09   Link #835
Rahan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: France
Funnily, in the picture where Sandaime speaks of the Leaf as his family, there are only the 9 genins (Team7 is shown separately) and Konohamaru.
Asuma should sue him.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-05, 07:20   Link #836
Pailong
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
thanks for that.

haha its true, asuma isnt there.
Pailong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-05, 15:17   Link #837
onepiecelover
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Classified Info :P
Age: 26
I wonder who Naruto is going to train when hes older if he is alive that is muhahahaha.
onepiecelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-05, 15:52   Link #838
Sasuke_Akatsuki
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: England> Brighton w00t
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to Sasuke_Akatsuki
Quote:
Originally Posted by onepiecelover View Post
I wonder who Naruto is going to train when hes older if he is alive that is muhahahaha.
He'll do a "Yondaime" hopefully.
Sasuke_Akatsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-05, 15:57   Link #839
onepiecelover
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Classified Info :P
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasuke_Akatsuki View Post
He'll do a "Yondaime" hopefully.
I thought that he might take Kohonamaru and his company under his wing but hes too young for that and good guess I cant say that I disagree, well just apart from the fact that well.......hes dead there nothing stoping Naruto from teaching Yodaime a thing or two.
onepiecelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-05, 16:39   Link #840
Bijuu Killer
Infraction
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Who killed the 1st Hokage?
Bijuu Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
q&a

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:54.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.