AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Torrent Submissions

Notices

Old 2007-01-05, 12:02   Link #2
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Is there a reason for this temp page instead of the more usual #eclipse tracker?
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-05, 12:09   Link #3
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
excellent question
i caught the torrents on tokyo toshokan, while i was wondering why their usual tracker page isn't updated yet. (still, the torrents are working and their contents are good, just in case)

we should probably ask this to mentar
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-05, 12:27   Link #4
Mentar
Banned

No-sekai.de is our own tracker. We're currently setting it up. Over the next few weeks, eclipse.no-sekai.de will become our official pseudo-"homepage" (we still don't want one)

We're very grateful to Danomac for immediately setting us up when Point-Blank was collapsing, but his site was also put under massive strain whenever we released. Therefore, we decided to do it all ourselves. I believe you'll notice that

1) The tracker won't be down as much as before
2) The torrents will be downloaded MUCH faster and more reliably

Last week we first tried to use the package mod_bt for the tracker, which actually read very well on paper with some nice design decisions. The tests also worked well. Unfortunately, it didn't work under release conditions with 2000+ peers connected, since it suffered tons of deadlocks in the database section, causing the tracker to tumble around in agony. This couldn't be it. We're sorry that last release week was a bit of a mess, but we had to rush _fast_ to implement "plan B", so some temporary issues couldn't be avoided.

Therefore, we eventually decided to stick with a package which had a good track record of stability, xbtt. Set it up, worked out of the box, and where mod_bt had CPU issues with 2000 peers, it didn't even blink with xbtt. That's what we'll continue to build on.

Therefore, anything "http://torrent.no-sekai.de/whatever" will be official and not change anymore. We'll vacate danomac completely soon when we migrate the database settings for the old torrents.

Hope that helps ^_^
Mentar is online now   Reply With Quote