AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2007-01-08, 12:00   Link #1
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
WMP update to 10 but online radio sudenly fails

yesterday evening i was listening to Kawaii Radio, the usual jpop/anime music station i listen to, i always use the dial-up function on their main site and open it with my windows media player, never had trouble with it though

yesterday before going to bed, windows media player started begging to update so i let it install their latest patch, changing over to what i think is Windows Media Player 10, i booted it up this morning, hoping i could listen to it again while gaming but all the sudden a message popped up saying that the file isnt capable of opening due to a failure connecting to the codec it needs.. i was like o.o; cause i presumed Kawaii radio didnt use any codecs let alone i had codecs before the update because it was working before without any problems..

i was wondering if anyone could answer my question on wether a Windows Media Player update removes several codecs, specially those required for direct streaming from online radio's such as Kawaii Radio, i tried to ask them on MiRC but they couldnt help me with ym problem so i figured id aask here

also i had another question about the menu of WMP 10, normaly you have like a taskbar in top, but now i cant seem to find it, im looking for the File -> Open function and maybe the one for sub options

heres a screen of what it looks like o.o;

EDIT: i found my old taskbar hoora and its version 11 it updated to not 10
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 14:46   Link #2
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

maybe (re)installing a codec pack like CCCP will help (but I am not sure... I don't use the WMP 11 )
Jinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 17:34   Link #3
Nicholi
King of Hosers

It seems WMP does not support .pls Playlists, so I am not sure how you were playing them before. I also can't play the stream in WMP11. You could try this solution for getting PLS to work in WMP. Or I suggest to just not use WMP, you'll find more people suggest that. You could stream kawaii-radio with say...winamp! n_n

Edit: Or as I also just found out, use this as the Open URL:
http://server2.kawaii-radio.net:9000/ or other servers and
http://kawaii-radio.net/listen.m3u
Nicholi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 03:16   Link #4
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholi View Post
It seems WMP does not support .pls Playlists, so I am not sure how you were playing them before. I also can't play the stream in WMP11. You could try this solution for getting PLS to work in WMP. Or I suggest to just not use WMP, you'll find more people suggest that. You could stream kawaii-radio with say...winamp! n_n

Edit: Or as I also just found out, use this as the Open URL:
http://server2.kawaii-radio.net:9000/ or other servers and
http://kawaii-radio.net/listen.m3u
didnt work already trid that last night, what i did find out was that the installation whiped out my AAC codecs, so no wonder it wasnt working because kawaii radio uses that codec in their dial up

so its working again now, which im glad of and answered my questio that windows updater does erase several of ym codecs >.>; daamn you windows
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote