AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Closed Thread

Old 2004-01-20, 22:39   Link #1
cc_sakura

Best torrent downloader?

I am going to DL the torrent sharing file system and I was wondering whay is the best one? I would like to know the thoughts of everyone.
Old 2004-01-20, 22:49   Link #2
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

I suggest you use ABC ( http://pingpong-abc.sourceforge.net ), it's simple and easy to use.

Note: this topic has already been discussed at numerous times like here and here.
Old 2004-01-21, 01:20   Link #3
cindialai
Tsukimori

Send a message via MSN to cindialai
I kind of like torrent storm
Old 2004-01-21, 13:07   Link #4
jakkz

azureus makes my day
Old 2004-01-21, 13:15   Link #5
Forse
r00t for life

This helps
Old 2004-01-21, 14:05   Link #6
DAK

Send a message via ICQ to DAK Send a message via AIM to DAK Send a message via MSN to DAK Send a message via Yahoo to DAK
I use Bit Torrent++, I never have had any problems with it, it seems to work quite well. As for Azureus I have heard that it is one of the best ones and it has been reccomended to me on numerous occasions by many people but, I have not been able to get it running to try it myself. Torrent Storm is also very good but I haven't used it for an extended period of time, I have only used it for a couple downloads.
Old 2004-01-21, 15:28   Link #7
Flash_Squirrel
F&C Fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to Flash_Squirrel Send a message via AIM to Flash_Squirrel
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_sakura
I was wondering whay is the best one?
The one that works better for you.
Old 2004-01-25, 12:06   Link #8
MrMonkey
Meeeeeeee!!

I use azureus, since I get higher speeds with that than the others.

If anyone is having trouble getting it to run, you might need to download/update your java runtimes. It wont run without them.
Old 2004-01-25, 12:17   Link #9
Soulfang
ハロー!

Azereus is probably the fastest downloading client, but it's a major memory hog and it's slow.

I think you should try as many as possible yourself and then choose based on that.

Myself, I use ABC though.
Old 2004-01-25, 13:42   Link #10
Kyuchen
FFXI-maniac

Send a message via ICQ to Kyuchen Send a message via AIM to Kyuchen Send a message via MSN to Kyuchen
Azureus for me too, simply because i can clearly see the pieces info for the files that i'm downloading, and able to set priority on the torrent (i.e. low prio for those finished and uploading, and high for those that currently being downloaded), but i have to go with Flash_Squirrel and say download the one that works best for you, check out the Download forum, you get more info there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulfang
Azereus is probably the fastest downloading client, but it's a major memory hog and it's slow.
I personally don't have that problem, i'm content with Azereus, try [ctrl]+[alt]+[del] to bring up the task manager and set Azureus (which if you look under the processes is the javaw.exe) to BelowNormal, or even Low, if you wish, and the dl speed will not be hindered in anyway

…You’re not…
…It’s just the voice talking…”
Old 2004-01-28, 03:13   Link #11
Fntc

I use Shadow's client. It works best and is easy to tweak to get the best rates, and the super seeder mode is great for reseeding torrents! I always wanted that feature in BT and I'm glad someone added it. That way you can seed many torrents with minimal bandwidth usage.

I still want a "super stingy" mode that will only seed packets if fewer than a certain % of the clients have it. (i.e. will flat out stop seeding if the other clients are doing a good enough job of it.)
Old 2010-12-12, 17:46   Link #12
AnimeFan188

My µTorrent just upgraded itself to the 2.2 version with "enhanced privacy features".

How does this version compare to the other clients out there?

Which client is the best at ensuring privacy?
Old 2010-12-12, 20:47   Link #13
Random32
Also a Lolicon

uTorrent 3.0 Alpha

Project Falcon is very useful, uT is also small and efficient
Old 2010-12-19, 11:43   Link #14
ragnar

I live in the country, and I have found that ALL of the newer versions of uTorrent tend to pose problems with my computer and downloads. So, I have switched back to uTorrent 1.8.4, as it is the most stable for the conditions I download under.
Old 2010-12-23, 07:50   Link #15
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnar View Post
I live in the country, and I have found that ALL of the newer versions of uTorrent tend to pose problems with my computer and downloads. So, I have switched back to uTorrent 1.8.4, as it is the most stable for the conditions I download under.
thats odd as the newer uTorrent should suppose to be faster
Old 2010-12-23, 20:48   Link #16
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnar View Post
New versions are packed with lots of improvements, but they could be heavier for some conditions. I have a very old laptop (because i don't feel the need to change it) so i like the lightest versions of any software. Thanks for the information, i think i will give it a try to that version.
Old 2010-12-25, 02:17   Link #17
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
The newest version is awful .. First of all the skin .. just ugh it's just awful compared to simplistic version we had before. After I installed the newest update, my upload speed has been really awful too. Just prior to the update, I was uploading 1Mbps but after update only around 400kbps and it's not raising .. And the torrents do have leechers.

I would like to go back to the previous version but .. How do I do that while keeping my list of torrents + statistics. I usually browse and open files from the µTorrent client as there are several thousands of them on my harddrive and they aren't really organized so it's easier to find them from there ...
Old 2010-12-29, 03:35   Link #18
pigoz
YUKI.N>

Send a message via MSN to pigoz Send a message via Skype™ to pigoz
rtorrent is simply the best!
Old 2010-12-30, 22:29   Link #19
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

uTorrent simply best bet really
Old 2010-12-31, 04:28   Link #20
GHDpro
Administrator
*AnimeSuki Site Staff

Stop reviving this pre-historic thread already. Closed.
Closed Thread