AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Playback Help

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-01-25, 16:40   Link #1
Baka Ronin

Send a message via ICQ to Baka Ronin Send a message via AIM to Baka Ronin Send a message via MSN to Baka Ronin Send a message via Yahoo to Baka Ronin
upside down? wtf? :)

my media player (even the classic one) appares to be playing everything upside down, but divx player does not. any ideas how to remedy this?
Old 2004-01-25, 17:18   Link #2
flammie
White Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baka Ronin
my media player (even the classic one) appares to be playing everything upside down, but divx player does not. any ideas how to remedy this?
If you are using ffdshow, you can always do: Configuration-> Miscellaneous->flip video
Old 2004-01-25, 17:40   Link #3
Baka Ronin

Send a message via ICQ to Baka Ronin Send a message via AIM to Baka Ronin Send a message via MSN to Baka Ronin Send a message via Yahoo to Baka Ronin
ok that worked but only on the new media player but not on the classic any ideas?
Old 2004-01-25, 17:49   Link #4
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

Try removing all the codecs you have installed (DivX, ffdshow, codec packs, etc.) and reinstalling only ffdshow.
Old 2004-01-25, 18:18   Link #5
Baka Ronin

how am I gonna play things that require these codecs without them? heh
Old 2004-01-25, 18:20   Link #6
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

If you look at the sticky posts in this forum you'll see that it explains what you need to play different file types. Hint: In most cases installing ONLY ffdshow is enough; that is all Sway was saying, basically.

Edit: Regarding players, if you've not tried them you might want to have a look at one of the "all in one" solutions; VideoLAN Client is quite nice, for example.
Old 2004-01-25, 18:39   Link #7
Baka Ronin

if only ffdshow was enough I wouldn't need to install the other codecs and filters. the different fansubber groups all use a slew of different codecs and such, some of them changing what they use all the time. its a pain in the ass to keep up.
Old 2004-01-25, 18:49   Link #8
flammie
White Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baka Ronin
if only ffdshow was enough I wouldn't need to install the other codecs and filters. the different fansubber groups all use a slew of different codecs and such, some of them changing what they use all the time. its a pain in the ass to keep up.
The reason to install ONLY ffdshow is that it supports virtually every mpeg4 format (xivd, divx, etc), along with many other formats. The more codecs you install, the more conficts that might arise, such as your flipped video issue.
Old 2004-01-25, 20:50   Link #9
Baka Ronin

hmm that worked thanx
Closed Thread