AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2007-01-15, 15:21   Link #1
Ablle

Help Plz

I have been trying for a week to figure out how to download and watch the videos on the site and i have figured out that i just dont have enough brain power to it. So if anyone can give me a step by step instuctions on how to do this i mean i need something like download and watch videos for dummys book. Sorry if this is to much trouble but if anyone can help that would be great.
Ablle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 15:40   Link #2
Ryota Hayami
Ciel Blue

First of all,do you have bit comit?

Cause you cant watch any torrents without it.
Ryota Hayami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 16:03   Link #3
DWKnight
Torrent Goon

Send a message via ICQ to DWKnight Send a message via AIM to DWKnight Send a message via MSN to DWKnight Send a message via Yahoo to DWKnight
http://btfaq.com

and BitComet doesn't play nice.
DWKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 16:08   Link #4
Ablle

bit comit??? im not sure what that is.
Old 2007-01-15, 21:16   Link #5
Ledgem
Love Yourself

First step: you need a BitTorrent client. Using such a client, you'll be able to download the videos you see listed on AnimeSuki and other torrent sites.

Second step: you need a video player and codecs to decode the video properly. Depending on whether you're using a PC or a Mac, what you need varies. You also have a choice over which video player to use and what codecs/codec pack to install.

This forum should have a number of recommendations for BitTorrent clients, video players, and codecs. Feel free to use the search function. If you need further assistance, post back.
Old 2007-01-16, 14:33   Link #6
Animas

The download of this site is based on peer to peer technology, so no save as and watch.
You find an episode you want.Download a torrent for it (usually the link to torrent file is already there but sometimes link brings you to a tracker (of some group) and you find the torrent you want there).It should be a file of tens to hundreds kb size.Extension is .torrent .After that get yourself a peer to peer client (bitcomet,utorrent,azureus are good ones, just goole those titles).
After instaling the client you just open the torrentfile you downloaded and the client starts downloading the episode you wanted.
Also you might need to forward your ports of your router for better speed (just google port forwarding).
Hope that helps at least a bit.
Animas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 18:41   Link #7
jacotyco

BTW don't use bitcomet, it puts unneccesary strain on the network as a whole
utorrent or azureus are ok
jacotyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-17, 15:13   Link #8
Ablle

OK i got it downloading and then half way through it says ERROR bad data from tracker any idea what that means
Old 2007-01-18, 05:40   Link #9
Natsumeyashi Meiyo
. : メイヨ : .

Send a message via AIM to Natsumeyashi Meiyo Send a message via MSN to Natsumeyashi Meiyo Send a message via Yahoo to Natsumeyashi Meiyo Send a message via Skype™ to Natsumeyashi Meiyo
What I do when that happens, I quit BitTorrent and restart the program. If that doesn't work, then I don't know. :P

Btw, how do I know which TCP Port is best?
Natsumeyashi Meiyo is offline   Reply With Quote