AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2007-01-16, 22:55   Link #1
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Problems with tracker.anirena.com?

(Not sure this is the best place for this, but I couldn't decide where else to put it. Mods please feel free to move it to wherever you think best.)

I've tried to download a few torrent files from this tracker over the past couple of weeks, for instance this file for Venus Versus Virus. I get a page that begins with a "mysql_num_rows()" PHP function error each time which corrupts the torrent file. I also get those PHP errors just visiting the main page at tracker.anirena.com.

This error means that at some (early) point in the script, it was unable to execute an SQL command against the database so no result handle was returned. The problem has persisted for me over a couple of weeks now across every torrent I've tried to download from this site. Nevertheless AS tells me that some 4,000 hosts are currently sharing the VVV torrent. Maybe it's just me who's not allowed on their tracker? What did I do that was so bad?
Old 2007-01-17, 10:08   Link #2
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix Send a message via Skype™ to demonix
I just tried to download the torrent file for venus verses virus and I had no problems at all (and I do mean I have the torrent file itself and the whole file is downloading as I type this) are you sure it isn't a problem at your end
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-18, 14:09   Link #3
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Well, I'm not sure I know what the problem is entirely, but I know I can work around it.

All the machines on my network make HTTP requests via a "transparent proxy," a program called Squid that caches all the objects we download for later reuse and enables me to block sites by various features (like URL ~ "/ads/" for instance). Anyway it appears that retrieving the torrent file via the proxy results in this problem. I downloaded it directly off the web from my firewall box and retrieved the file just fine. Both my browser and Azureus, which are behind the proxy, can't download the file correctly at all.

I turned off the proxy and now I can download an uncorrupted version of torrent file. I don't know why the request via the proxy is interpreted differently by anirena from a direct request. I've not had this problem with other trackers, nor other websites. I guess I'll be adding tracker.anirena.com to my "do-not-proxy" list.