AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-01-05, 17:13   Link #41
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Europe, Belgium, Brussels
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
i may missed the information, but if i'm correct... we don't know it yet ^^"
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-06, 07:51   Link #42
Trax
Rock beats scissors
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Technically, it was Kewel (( Or is it Quelle? )) that first addressed Jeremiah as Orange. Zero started the whole "Orange Conspiracy", but he never specifically said that phrase as a nickname of Jeremiah's, probably just a random word to throw people off.

So, it's pretty much : ~

Zero : creates the reference.
Kewel : addresses Jeremiah with the reference.
Gillford : adds the infamous -kun behind the reference.

And the Orange-kun meme is born. :P
I'm pretty sure Zero adressed Jeremiah as Orange, and others picked up on it and saw it as a codename that indicated he was in league with Zero due to his subsequent actions under the influence of the Geass.

Question of my own: Unless I missed it somehow, I have no idea what CC wants Lelouche to do for her. Any ideas/theories on that yet?
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-06, 09:56   Link #43
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SLB, Slovenia
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
i may missed the information, but if i'm correct... we don't know it yet ^^"
We have seen him though. A bearded fellow.
__________________
"I cannot be caged! I cannot be controlled! Understand this as you die, ever pathetic, ever fools!"

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 04:37   Link #44
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
I'm pretty sure Zero adressed Jeremiah as Orange, and others picked up on it and saw it as a codename that indicated he was in league with Zero due to his subsequent actions under the influence of the Geass.
Zero did address Jeremiah as Orange/Orange-kun at the Battle of Narita, but not before that, since they hadn't seen each other face to mask again until that conflict.
Malintex_Terek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-13, 15:07   Link #45
quina
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Send a message via MSN to quina
anyone remember what episode the picture of CC escaping from tank is in?
Its kinda hard browsing through all the 13...
quina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-13, 15:11   Link #46
attobyte
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by quina View Post
anyone remember what episode the picture of CC escaping from tank is in?
Its kinda hard browsing through all the 13...
If I am not mistanken 2nd part of ep 01. (in fact I'm sure of it).
attobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-13, 15:34   Link #47
flou
That's no lady
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 24
@quina

It was in ep 3 around the 10:48 mark.
flou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 06:49   Link #48
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Ok i had couple of questions, ( i have only watched up to episode 5 so please no spoilers )

Q1)Leolouch, Was he suposed to be the first in line to become emperor after (if) the real empire dies?.

Q2) Ok i hear the the first , second, third prince or princess in the series, what does it mean?. First in line , second in line or third in line ?. If so how can we have both a second prince and second princess.
__________________
Whitemoon648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 07:02   Link #49
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Permanent retirement from raws-hunting
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
Q1)Leolouch, Was he suposed to be the first in line to become emperor after (if) the real empire dies?.
1. It's L-E-L-O-U-C-H. Not Leolouch.
We have enough with people misspelling Suzaku's name. Let's not butcher another character, shall we?

2. No. The 1st Prince will (it's a bearded guy who's before Schneizel in the inheritance line...you can see him attending Clovis' funeral). Lelouch's the seventeenth in the succession ladder and the eighth prince. Which means that he's more or less at the bottom of the pit, while Schneizel is just one echelon shy of the very top.

3. Despite point 2, there is still the issue that Marianne is supposed to be the Empress (I haven't heard about other wives/concubines bearing that official title...yet) so one must wonder if her royal status didn't give her son some advantage over the "firstborn = heir-to-the-throne" principle.

Quote:
Q2) Ok i hear the the first , second, third prince or princess in the series, what does it mean?. First in line , second in line or third in line ?. If so how can we have both a second prince and second princess.
First thing to know, it's a polygamy. Therefore there can be a LOT of heirs around. And there ARE.

You must then divide the Emperor's herd of heirs into two groups - the princes and the princesses - and inside each pool you distribute number tags to determine who was born first and last. As such there's the 1st prince (the eldest male child born to mister Wighead), the 2nd (Schneizel), etc, etc...
Same goes for the princesses. The Second Princess, as her title shows, was born after the First, but before the Third. And so on.

On the other hand, the succession line doesn't care whether you're male or female. You're ordered according to your birth date - and therefore, your age. The firstborn automatically inherits the throne, no matter if he's a prince or a princess. The last one most likely gets nothing...merely a number in case something catastrophic happens to all other members.

Bottom line: Lelouch is the eighth prince - the eighth and youngest male heir - but he is the Emperor's seventeenth child (if you still don't understand, it simply means that seventeenth half-brothers/half-sisters were born before him) and consequently he is the seventeenth in the succession line. At the rear end.

Which means that if ALL sixteen heirs (princes and princesses) before Lelouch die, then the throne will automatically go to him, even if he's one of the youngest Imperial Children around (Nunally being possibly the youngest of all).
__________________
<< -- Click to enter my GFX thread.

-- Permanently retired from the raw-hunting business --
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 07:31   Link #50
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
1. It's L-E-L-O-U-C-H. Not Leolouch.
We have enough with people misspelling Suzaku's name. Let's not butcher another character, shall we?

2. No. The 1st Prince will (it's a bearded guy who's before Schneizel in the inheritance line...you can see him attending Clovis' funeral). Lelouch's the seventeenth in the succession ladder and the eighth prince. Which means that he's more or less at the bottom of the pit, while Schneizel is just one echelon shy of the very top.

3. Despite point 2, there is still the issue that Marianne is supposed to be the Empress (I haven't heard about other wives/concubines bearing that official title...yet) so one must wonder if her royal status didn't give her son some advantage over the "firstborn = heir-to-the-throne" principle.


First thing to know, it's a polygamy. Therefore there can be a LOT of heirs around. And there ARE.

You must then divide the Emperor's herd of heirs into two groups - the princes and the princesses - and inside each pool you distribute number tags to determine who was born first and last. As such there's the 1st prince (the eldest male child born to mister Wighead), the 2nd (Schneizel), etc, etc...
Same goes for the princesses. The Second Princess, as her title shows, was born after the First, but before the Third. And so on.

On the other hand, the succession line doesn't care whether you're male or female. You're ordered according to your birth date - and therefore, your age. The firstborn automatically inherits the throne, no matter if he's a prince or a princess. The last one most likely gets nothing...merely a number in case something catastrophic happens to all other members.

Bottom line: Lelouch is the eighth prince - the eighth and youngest male heir - but he is the Emperor's seventeenth child (if you still don't understand, it simply means that seventeenth half-brothers/half-sisters were born before him) and consequently he is the seventeenth in the succession line. At the rear end.

Which means that if ALL sixteen heirs (princes and princesses) before Lelouch die, then the throne will automatically go to him, even if he's one of the youngest Imperial Children around (Nunally being possibly the youngest of all).
Thanks alot fo the fast respond and sorry for misspelling Lelouch's name wrong . Well I kind of undrestand ( knew) the Logic of the first born= first prince/ess and so on, But what i dont undrestand is how can we have a Second prince and the same time second princess. Base on what you said if a person is born first or second they will be given the titile of the first or second prince/ess and so on. Then if Lelouch is the eighth prince, shouldnt he be the eighth person ( age wise) to have been born?. Then based on that he should be the eighth successor right?. Then why is he the 17th successor?.

Also is Lelouch's Mom the first wife ? or has any thing been stated about this?.
__________________
Whitemoon648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 07:53   Link #51
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Permanent retirement from raws-hunting
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
But what i dont undrestand is how can we have a Second prince and the same time second princess. Base on what you said if a person is born first or second they will be given the titile of the first or second prince/ess and so on. Then if Lelouch is the eighth prince, shouldnt he be the eighth person ( age wise) to have been born?. Then based on that he should be the eighth successor right?. Then why is he the 17th successor?.
Nope. Reread my post. It's all there.
As I said, the succession line doesn't care whether you're male or female. Which means that the sixteen siblings born before Lelouch have higher priority on inheriting the Empire than Lelouch does. Lelouch is one of the youngest children. The FIRST child has dibs on the throne, period. But Lelouch is the SEVENTEENTH. He's at the BACK of the line. He's one of the LAST to inherit.

And as I said, you must consider it like this:
- PRINCES GROUP:
-- 1st prince: eldest male heir
-- 2nd prince: the male heir born after the eldest male
-- 3nd prince: the Emperor's third male heir
...
etc.

- PRINCESSES GROUP:
-- 1st Princess: eldest female heir
-- 2nd Princess: the female heir born after the eldest female
-- 3rd Princess: the Emperor's third female heir.

EACH GROUP IS INDEPENDENT OF EACH OTHER.

Those number tags are just there to show who's eldest among the male & female groups. And that's all there is to it. It doesn't have any importance whatsoever on the succession line. It's just to know who is older than who. Period.

As such there can be a succession line like this (I made it up so don't comment on the names, etc):

From eldest to youngest:

- 1st Prince (eldest child and eldest male): 1st in succession line (SL) AND future Emperor
- 2nd Prince: 2nd in SL and 2nd eldest child
- 1st Princess (eldest female but NOT eldest child): 3rd in SL
- 3rd Prince: 4th in SL
- 2nd Princess: 5th in SL
- 4th Prince: 6th in SL
- 3rd Princess: 7th in SL
- 4th Princess: 8th in SL
- 5th Princess: 9th in SL
- 5th Prince: 10th in SL
...
...
...
- 8th Prince (Lelouch): 17th in SL (17th child and youngest male heir)
- ??th Princess (Nanaly): ??th in SL (youngest child, youngest female heir and last in the SL)


As you can see, the 5th Prince isn't necessarily higher in the succession line, because he's a male, compared to the 5th Princess. If the 5th Princess is older than the 5th Prince, then she will be closer to the throne than her male counterpart.

Quote:
Also is Lelouch's Mom the first wife ? or has any thing been stated about this?.
Nothing to my knowledge. She was dubbed 'Empress' and got offed because she was a commoner by birth. That's all there is to it.
__________________
<< -- Click to enter my GFX thread.

-- Permanently retired from the raw-hunting business --
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 17:48   Link #52
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
I see, and thanks alot renegade for the answer.

Next question:

Episode 5:

At the end of the episode Cornelia tells her sister to call her Governor. Then as the reason She sais " A distinction is needed because we are true sisters". I can undrestand the reason if it was because of the formalities but Being it because they are " Sisters" doesnt make sense to me. What does being sisters has to do with the reason as so why they should abide by the formalities?.


Episode 6:

Suzuku Said some told him he should go to school and was seeing the investigation goes in his favor. Who was the person?. Yuffi or Lioyd?
__________________

Last edited by Whitemoon648; 2007-01-17 at 13:17.
Whitemoon648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-18, 11:05   Link #53
PiccoloUE
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 1/3 down the road to life 2/3 twords the grave, where the meet who knows.
Hello all, I was thinking about starting to watch this series, but, I have one quick question.

I noticed that this series was sub titled "Lelouch of the Rebellion". I was wondering if there are any other series that I should watch before "Lelouch of the Rebellion"?
__________________


I do to the english language... What Chuck Norris does to your face. Creates it and then destorys it!
PiccoloUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-18, 11:19   Link #54
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Permanent retirement from raws-hunting
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiccoloUE View Post
Hello all, I was thinking about starting to watch this series, but, I have one quick question.

I noticed that this series was sub titled "Lelouch of the Rebellion". I was wondering if there are any other series that I should watch before "Lelouch of the Rebellion"?
None. It's a completely brand new series. No novel or manga as a precursor either. So no ending spoilers whatsoever to throw around.

BTW, the 'Lelouch of the Rebellion' part of the title, which now sounds like a subtitle, has been speculated (in other words, it's merely guesswork with logic as crutches) to be for the first 25 episodes...and that it might change for the last 25 (perhaps 'Suzaku of the Rebellion')....but there is nothing to back this. Merely speculation. So don't take this seriously. Really.
__________________
<< -- Click to enter my GFX thread.

-- Permanently retired from the raw-hunting business --
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-18, 16:27   Link #55
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
BTW, the 'Lelouch of the Rebellion' part of the title, which now sounds like a subtitle, has been speculated (in other words, it's merely guesswork with logic as crutches) to be for the first 25 episodes...and that it might change for the last 25 (perhaps 'Suzaku of the Rebellion')....but there is nothing to back this. Merely speculation. So don't take this seriously. Really.
You are confusing me . Isnt the series supposed to be 25 episodes?. what do you mean for the last 25 episodes?.
__________________
Whitemoon648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-18, 17:12   Link #56
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SLB, Slovenia
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
You are confusing me . Isnt the series supposed to be 25 episodes?. what do you mean for the last 25 episodes?.
A second season that is supposedly coming 6 months later after the this one ends.
__________________
"I cannot be caged! I cannot be controlled! Understand this as you die, ever pathetic, ever fools!"

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-18, 17:14   Link #57
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Permanent retirement from raws-hunting
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
You are confusing me . Isnt the series supposed to be 25 episodes?. what do you mean for the last 25 episodes?.
There are unconfirmed reports (nevertheless, the fact that some of the spoilers released by that source seem to have come true... and sort of give these allegations a thin mantle of truth and reliability) from an inside Sunrise/MBS source that Code Geass will run for two seasons (25 eps), get off the air the two following seasons then come back for two more seasons (25 eps).

2 + 2 seasons = roughly 50 eps (with a two-season break between the two halves).
__________________
<< -- Click to enter my GFX thread.

-- Permanently retired from the raw-hunting business --
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-24, 11:10   Link #58
DarkFate
WTH do you think I am?
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Roanapur
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
None. It's a completely brand new series. No novel or manga as a precursor either. So no ending spoilers whatsoever to throw around.

BTW, the 'Lelouch of the Rebellion' part of the title, which now sounds like a subtitle, has been speculated (in other words, it's merely guesswork with logic as crutches) to be for the first 25 episodes...and that it might change for the last 25 (perhaps 'Suzaku of the Rebellion')....but there is nothing to back this. Merely speculation. So don't take this seriously. Really.
According to Wiki, there are two manga that follow Lelouch of the Rebellion, Suzaku of the Counterattack and Knightmare of Nunnally, so maybe they'll continue the series following that format.
DarkFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-24, 12:58   Link #59
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Permanent retirement from raws-hunting
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFate View Post
According to Wiki, there are two manga that follow Lelouch of the Rebellion, Suzaku of the Counterattack and Knightmare of Nunnally, so maybe they'll continue the series following that format.
Suzaku of the Counterattack is not a sequel. It loosely follows the anime ('follows' as in 'faithfully retells the anime itself', not as in 'picks up where the anime left off'), but from Suzaku's point of view, while 'Lelouch of the Rebellion' is from Lelouch's. We're simply seeing the same war but from two different sets of eyes.

As for Knightmare of Nunally, it's an alternate universe, a radical rewrite of the series but with Nunally as the main character.

Moreover, I doubt that Taniguchi would be willing to spoil an ongoing, original anime with two mangas already running in (separate, I believe) magazines.
__________________
<< -- Click to enter my GFX thread.

-- Permanently retired from the raw-hunting business --

Last edited by Renegade334; 2007-01-24 at 14:02.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 20:54   Link #60
Azure22
Magic Pilot
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Lurking in the darkest depth of your soul...
Send a message via AIM to Azure22
Hey, I got a question that I've been frustrated with. I've checked around and haven't seen it answered, so hopefully I'm not being repetetive.

Spoiler:


So, anyone got any ideas?
__________________
Where am I and how did I get here?

...Not philosopical questions - Just what I have to remind myself every time I walk into a room..
Azure22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
q&a

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:42.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.