AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

View Poll Results: Death Note Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 29 44.62%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 35.38%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 7.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 7.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.08%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.54%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-18, 15:14   Link #21
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by alkoholio View Post
What I wonder about is, if Rem would really die if he killed L. Contrary to some people`s thoughts I believe Rem doesn`t die killing L, since he wouldn`t directly protect Misa`s life with this course of action, L doesn`t even know about her yet and hasn`t nailed her down so far.
If there is another rule instead of "In case a death god protects the human he has fallen for by killing the murderer to prevent that deed, he dies" correct me if I`m wrong. Rem also states that L is just a random human for him, if the translation isn`t off. ps. I actually also picture Rem as female, at least to some degree ^^
well if rem killed a human on request of someone else i think that could be breaking the rules...and especially with feelings for misa there is just no way to hide that...even if you deny it remloves misa and that alone doing a favor for her would classify it as an act of love...hence remdies as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I'm sure i can get away with saying a part of that was fanservice..
lol...never thought of it that way i guess the female audience (fangirlies) will just drool over that scene likewise there could be an angry mob with pitchforks and flaming torches XD

and guys plz no more spoilers or NSW will really go on a killing spree ~

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS

Last edited by Deathkillz; 2007-01-18 at 19:21. Reason: on request
Old 2007-01-18, 19:18   Link #22
Ardea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I'm sure i can get away with saying a part of that was fanservice..
LOL, Be it watching Ryuk eat apples, Light dramatically snack away on potato chips, or L chugging down sugar... they all easily amuse me. Fan service indeed, and my weird amusement of people's eating habits

I like Rem. It seems like Rem is the only one who actually scares Light a little because Rem can see through him and isn't easily fooled.
Old 2007-01-19, 09:32   Link #23
Jaden

Spoiler:

Last edited by Jaden; 2007-01-19 at 09:43.
Old 2007-01-19, 18:40   Link #24
Mystical Lint
All Knowing Idiot

This may be kind of obvious but I found it really interesting.
Spoiler:

Other than that, I don't think Rem could die.
I don't know what's gonna happen but...
She says it clear... what she is about do will not mean anything to her. It will be just another dead human.
I believe in order to kill a shinigami... the shinigami has to save their life out of love. Rem might in fact have love... but it remains to be seen if she would actually let it motivate her actions (and not just her words).
What she does at this point in the story is neutral as far as she is concerned and she's just doing what a normal death god (presumably) does. Scribble in their notebook.

aka KILL.
Old 2007-01-19, 19:51   Link #25
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

Hmmm Rem going to kill L. Interesting, but I doubt thats gonna be that easy since its only episode 14 and there are still more episodes to come.
Old 2007-01-20, 16:20   Link #26
Hisago
The Superchunky from Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Feb6 View Post
I'll put this in a spoiler tag but...
Spoiler:

WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT?!

I think both Light and L are portrayed as both protagonist and antagonist. Light's goal is to make the world a better place, but he's using very immoral methods. L wants to stop Kira's murders, but he's not afraid to do some less-than-justified things himself.
Old 2007-01-20, 17:38   Link #27
evil-samurai

Light and L are the ones that bring the forward moment to the show but still I cant get enough of Ryuk lol at the amount of times Ryuk laugh

Havn't quite got used to Misa's voice >.> her character on the other hand can be Interesting but somehow I don't like her all the much though it is great they include someone like Rem to balance things out.
Old 2007-01-20, 19:07   Link #28
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Thumbs up

Ok first i have to get this out of my system because this is really pissing me the fuck off this is the second time this shit has happened. To the jackasses who keep posting none appropriate spoilers either you cant read the guidelines or youre posts being deleted by the mod escaped youre attention. Please for the love of all that is holy STOP the bullshit the end of the series has already been ruined for multiple people because it. have a little respect for forum mates before NSW goes postal on destroys us all in the blast

Now episode 14 was full of surprises some i didnt think were going to happen and some i guessed on earlier.

Spoiler for 4 episode 14:
Old 2007-01-21, 00:27   Link #29
Jaruromania

Why use Google, when you can use Gentle!?

Old 2007-01-21, 00:30   Link #30
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I found this ep boring it was slow paced compared to previous ep . It did give us a glimpse on how twisted Yagami kun really is . The Highlight was Rim threatning to kill Lightu , it was sweet in a protective way =]
Old 2007-01-21, 00:37   Link #31
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Chill out, Sinestra. I'm sure the vast majority of us have no intention of spoiling anyone's viewing experience. I & others got our posts deleted earlier because we didn't even realized that what we mentioned was considered a spoiler. The mods were fair & courteous about following up with warnings. That's their job, not yours--and the only person who looks bad when you needlessly spew profanity is yourself.

Back OT,

Spoiler:
Old 2007-01-21, 13:01   Link #32
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Wow, that was some evil cliffhanger in the end 0_o ... i wonder how this will go. Especially since we are only on ep14, and it would not take more than a minute for Rem to kill L.

Misa is pretty posessive Forbidding Light to date other girls. And Rem threatening to kill Light if he would harm Misa... that was the highlight of the ep. I gues we will see Misa sticking around for a while ... tho i feel bad for her.

At first she looked kinda dumb and "bleh" to me, so i didn't care much if Light would manipulate her, but right about now i actually feel sorry for the poor girl.

L calling Light his friend... i highly doubt that he means it, probably just another way to rattle Lights cage in some way.

Can't wait for the next ep >.<
Old 2007-01-21, 14:37   Link #33
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I'm going to go a bit off topic here, so I apologize ahead!

I've couple of more episodes to go before I'll catch up to the anime. Although I don't agree with Sinestra's choice of wording, I actually can sympathize with his sentiment after I, once again, resumed watching this series. This is such a wonderful series with its planning, deliberate pace of revealation, story progression, and etc.. that even the tiniest of hint, the vaguest of the clue can ruin the anime viewing experience, especially to the fans who are enjoying this story for the first time! A casual or a careless spoiler by an experienced Death Note fan can still ruin the enjoyment for an unsuspecting anime viewer even if that experienced fan didn't mean to spoil anything.

Anyway, we have a BAN rule in place which we intend to enforce with vigor and brutality. Everyone should read it! It was already put into a practical demonstration by the good ol' NoSanninWa-san for our benefit. Banning isn't fun, especially banning someone who one has come to read and admire because of the quality of thoughts expressed in his/her posts. Hopefully, there won't be any more casual/careless/intentional spoiler in these Episode Discussion threads or any other threads that only deals with the anime. Everyone is also encouraged to use the report button which will alert a mod!

P.S. A bit more offtopic-ness in my part, but I must say that episode 9 and 10 were simply awesome. I was pretty much shaking from the overdosage of excitement generated in those episodes. Hence, I was a bit diappointed by the following two episodes (I'm up to ep 12) when one more character was introduced with shinigami power, like it isn't already so unfair for L. Really looking forward to watching 13 and 14!
Old 2007-01-21, 20:37   Link #34
Trax
Rock beats scissors

As others have noted already I can't help but wonder if Rem would really die by taking revenge on Light if he were to kill Misa. I was under the impression that this would only happen if a shinigami prolonged someone's life expectancy by preventing the person's death. Which wouldn't be the case here, if she killed Light after Misa was already dead it would only be revenge, not helping her. Seems like the show messed up here to be honest...

Also not sure how Misa would kill any girl that Light would go out with, if she doesn't have her death note. Would she actually go do it the oldfashion way?

One other thing I was thinking about just now... Misa traded half of her remaining life span to get the shinigami eyes, but didn't she get Jealous' lifespan added to hers when he prevented her death? Then perhaps half of her remaining life span wasn't that bad, who knows how much lifespan got added to hers already. Just imagine if Jealous had a few hundreds of years in reserve... [edit: I see it was mentioned in ep12 discussion too, guess I didn't read that one properly]

Last edited by Trax; 2007-01-21 at 21:32.
Old 2007-01-22, 04:47   Link #35
Jinru
Hideo Kuze

LMAO when Misa jumped on Light. I can't believe Rem is going through with it!@!!!! Oh gawd the intense is killing me.
Old 2007-01-22, 21:08   Link #36
Darklightz
Wagering his life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post

Also not sure how Misa would kill any girl that Light would go out with, if she doesn't have her death note. Would she actually go do it the oldfashion way?
Seeing how Rem agreed to kill L so easily,it wouldn't be farfetched for Misa to ask Rem to kill random girls.

As for the lifespan question,as Ryuk explained to Light,humans don't gain extra lifespan,only Shinigami.
Old 2007-01-22, 21:56   Link #37
Jaruromania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklightz
Seeing how Rem agreed to kill L so easily,it wouldn't be farfetched for Misa to ask Rem to kill random girls.
Yes it would, because Rem would die if she killed someone before their lifespan ended.
Old 2007-01-22, 21:56   Link #38
lilcutee088
Luna at your Service!

very enjoyable anime. my sis turned me on to it and it stunned me as far as plot goes. as far as i know anyway, has anyone seen an anime where the main character is evil? and his nemisis considers him his only friend? kudos to this episode!
Old 2007-01-22, 22:54   Link #39
akoftroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaruromania View Post
Yes it would, because Rem would die if she killed someone before their lifespan ended.
That's not how it works, rewatch the episode where it's explained how a Shinigami can be killed. Unless Rem was in love with Misa and the people written in the notebook were going to kill Misa, Rem would not die.
Old 2007-01-23, 09:43   Link #40
Lambda

That was a brilliant episode. Suddenly the show has a new dimension.

Spoiler for Ep14:
Closed Thread